BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

On 12/11/2019 at 07:32, arbitro said:

Do you believe Cheston was forced to say those things? If you really believe that then that's up to you. Personally I believe he said them of his own volition really believing they were true. Meanwhile in the real world the majority knew we were only going in one direction.

Irrespective he owed it to the fans to justify the comments when we got relegated.

Well of course he was.  If I was him and had agreed a deal only to return and find out it had be over ruled I would be livid.

Judging from Sky's survey of Championship club's supporters about the season so far, only fans of Barnsley and Luton are less satisfied with their team's start and prospects for the remainder of the season. It looks like Rovers or Wigan for the third relegation spot - and I know who my money would be on with Mowbray still at the helm. 

1 hour ago, alcd said:

Judging from Sky's survey of Championship club's supporters about the season so far, only fans of Barnsley and Luton are less satisfied with their team's start and prospects for the remainder of the season. It looks like Rovers or Wigan for the third relegation spot - and I know who my money would be on with Mowbray still at the helm. 

I try to imagine Mowbray's Rovers up against Cook's Wigan in a dogfight and know which one I'd back. I can't stand Cook who I think is a repulsive individual but he will battle and fight for everything and use all the dirty tricks going if needed. Meanwhile whilst weve got a stronger squad of players we have a 'nice guy' mentality and 'principles' to stick to.

A few interesting results tonight although mostly in Rovers favour. Worst result was Luton winning, which is not what we want to see. However Stoke losing along with Wigan only getting a draw are both positive results for Rovers leaving both in the mire for another week. A loss for Reading doesn't hurt us either. 

51 minutes ago, DE. said:

Wonder how long Derby will give Cocu? They're only three points better off than us and got pasted 3-0  by Fulham tonight... 

Derby Owner Mel Morris said this season was a season of transition and Cocu has his backing for trying to entire club playing style from 1st team to academy level

MATT SOUTHALL (Chairman)

For the past five years, Matt has been working between the UK and Middle East advising on international mergers and acquisitions and building strong relationships with key businesses in the Gulf.

Previously, he set up and ran a successful e-commerce business and was also involved in sports management, working alongside high profile sports agencies and their clients. 

His early ambitions were as a professional footballer but having left the Blackburn Rovers School of Excellence at 16, he opted for a career in the sports industry and attended the University of Manchester where he was awarded a Masters in Business Administration.

Edited by old darwen blue

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

London clubs will always attract potentially good buyers. Hard to see how we would be anyway attractive to an investor whilst in the Championship. Unless you want to lose money. 

Apart from Wigan, both Sheffield clubs, Forest, Wolves, Birmingham, Leicester, Southampton, Portsmouth, Bournemouth and Cardiff who all obtained foreign ownership despite being loss making 2nd or 3rd division clubs and not being London based.

We can do better than Venkys.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

Apart from Wigan, both Sheffield clubs, Forest, Wolves, Birmingham, Leicester, Southampton, Portsmouth, Bournemouth and Cardiff who all obtained foreign ownership despite being loss making 2nd or 3rd division clubs and not being London based.

We can do better than Venkys.

Look at the attendance figures for those clubs. Wigan's owners the jury very much out. 

I agree that we can do better 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Look at the attendance figures for those clubs. Wigan's owners the jury very much out. 

I agree that we can do better 

But our poor attendances are to some significant extent, a direct result of the current owners and their operation of the club. So it becomes self fulfilling.

47 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Was this the group being advised by the none agent Paul Senior ?  

Yes it was. Asked elsewhere about Southall and the response was negative. Maybe he's just a front man they will dispose of soon kinda like Al Fahim 11 years ago.

Edited by Vinjay17