BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

Shameful cheating dive by the West Brom player, it starts well before he reaches the keeper, 

The keeper should have gone for it full on instead of trying to be clever.

The Ref was useless, no news there. Surely IT can fully replace these waste of spaces.

The Preston keeper could not have had more of a colour clash if he'd tried.

38 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Shameful cheating dive by the West Brom player, it starts well before he reaches the keeper, 

The keeper should have gone for it full on instead of trying to be clever.

The Ref was useless, no news there. Surely IT can fully replace these waste of spaces.

The Preston keeper could not have had more of a colour clash if he'd tried.

I noticed it when they were in the tunnel. If he couldn't get something as basic as that right what chance of a big penalty call being right. 

It was really good to hear that loud bang over Weepdale last night as their bubble burst.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Charlton in free fall

I said at the time you need to play newly promoted teams after a month or two of the season, not first game up. Play them when they've got a few injuries, a suspension or two and the gloss of being on a promotion roll has worn off. Of course plenty of people said " You're talking rubbish Tyrone, we'll batter them ! "

Well we might batter them and Luton at home now but sadly that ship, and the 6 points,  has sailed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I said at the time you need to play newly promoted teams after a month or two of the season, not first game up. Play them when they've got a few injuries, a suspension or two and the gloss of being on a promotion roll has worn off. Of course plenty of people said " You're talking rubbish Tyrone, we'll batter them ! "

Well we might batter them and Luton at home now but sadly that ship, and the 6 points,  has sailed.

Agree in general although don't think Luton have been great all season and criminal we lost whenever it was. 

Wonder if it is takeover issues that are causing problems at Charlton and their poor form? 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Agree, remember thinking this about relegated teams too. We won a few under K**n before teams worked us out and we had players with the quality to nick a 1-0.

Also, as much as this may be true and as much we played poorly in both of those games, it should still be remembered that they were both ridiculous results. I think Charlton only had 2 shots and I remember Luton being an absolute sucker punch, even if we played well within ourselves.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18075181.booking-boost-rovers-first-suspension-amnesty-reached/

So an amnesty on yellow cards. Is this why Bennett was sidelined then - to protect him - rather than some tactical epiphany?

Another accidental success or will he go “right back” to playing his captain again...?

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18075181.booking-boost-rovers-first-suspension-amnesty-reached/

So an amnesty on yellow cards. Is this why Bennett was sidelined then - to protect him - rather than some tactical epiphany?

Another accidental success or will he go “right back” to playing his captain again...?

I think we should have appointed the young dynamic Phillip cocu.. hes doing so well at derby.

Just now, Nelsonthedog said:

I think we should have appointed the young dynamic Phillip cocu.. hes doing so well at derby.

Nah. Agree he’s probably better than Bennett even now but he is still another midfielder. We need a proper right back. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nelsonthedog said:

That's very good Stuart, but you know exactly what I mean.. how old is Roy hodgson? Holding his own very well in the premier League at 70 yr old.

Not sure I do know what you mean. Do you mean Mowbray is the best manager in the championship and the current Derby manager proves that? Or are you on the wind up?

I take it you realise Mowbray is only 55 and a mediocre manager, while Hodgson has been a successful manager for the last 43 years - and counting...?!

It’s not about age, it’s about ability. Comparing Hodgson and Mowbray is a complete non-starter.

Edited by Stuart

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Not sure I do know what you mean. Do you mean Mowbray is the best manager in the championship and the current Derby manager proves that? Or are you on the wind up?

I take it you realise Mowbray is only 55 and a mediocre manager, while Hodgson has been a successful manager for the last 43 years - and counting...?!

It’s not about age, it’s about ability. Comparing Hodgson and Mowbray is a complete non-starter.

So you haven't called TM a dinosaur?

The only thing I care about re Hodgson is that he was absolute rubbish for us. He had the benefit of Jack's largesse and threw it away. Directly responsible for our relegation so soon after we were Champions.

Doing a fantastic job at Palace I must admit.

• Like 3

Just now, 47er said:

The only thing I care about re Hodgson is that he was absolute rubbish for us. He had the benefit of Jack's largesse and threw it away. Directly responsible for our relegation so soon after we were Champions.

Doing a fantastic job at Palace I must admit.

Did a good/decent job just about everywhere except us lol

2 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Wow, massive crowd what a big club!

Liverpool and Man U must have been on tv at the time. 

Pathetic plastic part time fans. 

Watched a replay of this game and wished I hadn't! As boring as many of ours. Loads of possession-type football ending up in cup-de-sacs.

West Brom clearly the better team but so ordinary. Losing their way Proud Preston, on a bad run.

We might over-take them at this rate!

• Like 1

• Backroom

Hodgson does well at smaller clubs with low expectations. Struggles at bigger clubs. Rovers, Liverpool, England (big job if not club) - all with high expectations not met. In comparison he's improved almost all of the lesser clubs he's been at. Some managers are just suited to certain roles and Roy is an underdog manager.

• Like 3