BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

15 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I always dread playing Bristol City. We never seem to do well. 

True 

That's only their second home loss of the season too. They've just drawn far too many games, although I'd probably take a draw on Saturday there.....

Charlton are sinking at a scarily impressive rate. Good win for PNE to stop the rot - a dislikeable team but the manager is doing well there overall. The same perhaps could be said of Millwall especially given their budget. 

Still don't think Woodgate is the right man for Boro despite a decent point - and Forest are certainly showing they are chokers/bottlers after their last 2 games. Decent team but not ruthless enough for playoffs imo. 

Overall apart from the top 2 there isn't anything to fear in this division. Bit like this year's premiership really...

8 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Charlton are sinking at a scarily impressive rate. Good win for PNE to stop the rot - a dislikeable team but the manager is doing well there overall. The same perhaps could be said of Millwall especially given their budget. 

Still don't think Woodgate is the right man for Boro despite a decent point - and Forest are certainly showing they are chokers/bottlers after their last 2 games. Decent team but not ruthless enough for playoffs imo. 

Overall apart from the top 2 there isn't anything to fear in this division. Bit like this year's premiership really...

I honestly think Bristol City will be the best of the rest now. Anything from that game and we have to be a serious contender for a top 6 place. 

We need a solid end to the year and a successful January window and then maybe just maybe.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

?

Hull could go above us tonight if they manage a draw or win at Leeds.

Millwall could go above us if they manage to beat Brizzle City by two goals or more.

Interestingly, if Millwall win 2-0 tonight, that would put them on the same points as us, same goal-difference, and same number of goals scored and conceded. Is there another level of priority to decide who is above who? Or do they just say "well you're joint xth"? Not that it matters much, but just curious if they bother with a further level of priority if it's not a critical league position.

The club that is located further north goes above. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Win tonight and we are a point outside the playoffs

On Saturday we had more wins than defeats for the first time for months.

Feet on the ground. Division is ridiculously tight with fans of ten clubs realistically seeing the prospect of breaking into the top six if they have a good December and New Year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, philipl said:

On Saturday we had more wins than defeats for the first time for months.

Feet on the ground. Division is ridiculously tight with fans of ten clubs realistically seeing the prospect of breaking into the top six if they have a good December and New Year.

My feet are on the ground. I know they say that it is the hope that kills you but its just nice having some hope for a change so am taking full advantage of it.

There seems to be a re-invigoration in the team in terms of determination, effort, and desire. That and a far better balance which has finally been found (whether that is through pennies dropping or not depends on how you view the gaffer).

18 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Jordan Rhodes had them on toast on his debut (or was it second match?) for us years ago. But agreed - from memory it's not been great since at Ashton Gate.

12 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I always dread playing Bristol City. We never seem to do well. 

That was my feeling too, although surprisingly we've won there as much as we've lost since we've left the top flight. Not exactly a happy hunting ground but not as bad as I expected. 

• Backroom

Seems like a matter of time until Stoke overtake Luton, at which point I think the bottom three of Luton/Wigan/Barnsley will be pretty much set for the rest of the season. Luton and Barnsley especially are well short of what's needed to survive, whilst Wigan will (imo) need a change of manager to stay up. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DE. said:

Seems like a matter of time until Stoke overtake Luton, at which point I think the bottom three of Luton/Wigan/Barnsley will be pretty much set for the rest of the season. Luton and Barnsley especially are well short of what's needed to survive, whilst Wigan will (imo) need a change of manager to stay up. 

My way of seeing it although given Luton beat Wigan and have had a couple of wins of late perhaps they are more likely to survive of the two? Don't think Boro or Reading are totally safe either. 

So PNE had a run of 4 defeats and yet still sit in 3rd, whilst Forest, Bristol City and Fulham (I think) have all struggled of late.  I think this shows that all teams are going to go on good and bad runs in this division. The challenge is keeping the bad ones short and maximising the good ones. In this respect am not sure the break comes at a good time for Rovers. 

Millwall being top half is very impressive and they're sneakily climbing the table. At the bottom the bottom teams playing each other all drew and.won't be encouraged to see Barnsley win. This championship is rediculously competitive! 

• Backroom

WBA and Leeds are essentially already promoted and have the top two spots locked, but below that is wide open. A lot of very average teams in the division this season which gives us a great chance to seriously challenge for a playoff spot. 

• Like 1