BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

2 hours ago, DE. said:

WBA and Leeds are essentially already promoted and have the top two spots locked, but below that is wide open. A lot of very average teams in the division this season which gives us a great chance to seriously challenge for a playoff spot. 

I wouldn't be so sure on Leeds. Could see a collapse there. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DE. said:

WBA and Leeds are essentially already promoted and have the top two spots locked, but below that is wide open. A lot of very average teams in the division this season which gives us a great chance to seriously challenge for a playoff spot. 

Everyone thought the same last season with Leeds. Look what happened then

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

So PNE had a run of 4 defeats and yet still sit in 3rd, whilst Forest, Bristol City and Fulham (I think) have all struggled of late.  I think this shows that all teams are going to go on good and bad runs in this division. The challenge is keeping the bad ones short and maximising the good ones. In this respect am not sure the break comes at a good time for Rovers. 

Millwall being top half is very impressive and they're sneakily climbing the table. At the bottom the bottom teams playing each other all drew and.won't be encouraged to see Barnsley win. This championship is rediculously competitive! 

Rowett got them playing very well

• Backroom
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Everyone thought the same last season with Leeds. Look what happened then

This time last year they were 6 points clear of 3rd, this season they're 10 points clear. There's no Sheffield Utd on their heels this year. As much as I'd love to believe they'll collapse and lose out again, I really don't see it this time. With that said they were 3-0 up against Cardiff today and conspired to draw 3-3, so who knows. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wouldn't be so sure on Leeds. Could see a collapse there. 

Could happen but I doubt it this time. Obviously I hope so as Leeds post-Xmas collapses are one of the highlights of any season.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

This time last year they were 6 points clear of 3rd, this season they're 10 points clear. There's no Sheffield Utd on their heels this year. As much as I'd love to believe they'll collapse and lose out again, I really don't see it this time. With that said they were 3-0 up against Cardiff today and conspired to draw 3-3, so who knows. 

I can the same thing happening again as last season as the season goes on they pick up injuries and players get tired

29 minutes ago, DE. said:

We are Sheffield United. I wish. 

It's a pity the front 2 are so far ahead. Means getting into the play offs will be even more of a battle. Then after all that,it can still be a lottery. 

Wednesday proper up and running too. 

Could see the play-off teams being 

Wednesday 

Preston

Us

Millwall

I could really do with the pack going for the top 6 thinning out a tad. Not good for the nerves. 

We are really on the cusp now. A couple of wins and I reckon we will be 3rd on January first. Poor results and we could be 12th. It's ridiculous. 

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, frosty said:

Just had a watch of our boy Jordan's hat-trick today. First and third goals were very good. First goal in particular was the type of goal you associate with him, instinctive finish right in the corner. 

First time in a while that he's looked like the player he was when he played for us. Incredible how his career has spiralled downwards since he left, although his bank balance certainly hasn't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Could happen but I doubt it this time. Obviously I hope so as Leeds post-Xmas collapses are one of the highlights of any season.

Even my wife who isn't a football fan knows Leeds always bottle it! HTap on a clip to paste it in the text box.That said I agree this time barring some spectacular event causing upheval/disturbance I think Leeds will get promoted. 

Think Leeds are safely going up this season, got some really tidy players and a decent manager , to be honest I don’t have the Leeds hate, they are a prem team in my eyes , remind me of better times for ourselves as well. If I could handpick teams to go up apart from ourselves it would be Leeds, Wednesday and forest but looks like wba will kaibosh that sadly but I’m a fan of bilic. 
I don’t think we will get up this season if I’m honest, I think we would freeze in the play offs but getting in would be an achievement and a massive platform to build on 

58 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Looking at where Derby are, I'd have thought that Cocu would be on thin ice, now. A quick look at their message board, and their fans seem to think it'll be a long-term project with him. It won't of these results keep up! Beginning to wonder if Derby could even afford to sack him.

Woodgate must also be on the verge at 'Boro, too. 

I’m pretty sure that Derby are viewing this season as rebuilding just like Boro are and in the first instance were amazed that they could attract Cocu. Gibson desperately wants Woodgate to succeed and is prepared to give him time for which you’ve got to applaud him. Last season both clubs were up there and I think next season they will be too. 

5 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Looking at where Derby are, I'd have thought that Cocu would be on thin ice, now. A quick look at their message board, and their fans seem to think it'll be a long-term project with him. It won't of these results keep up! Beginning to wonder if Derby could even afford to sack him.

Woodgate must also be on the verge at 'Boro, too. 

Couldn't have seen that coming. ? What can you expect from someone who was nicknamed "village?"

With 6 of the top 7 playing each other next week, and Preston away to Cardiff, we could well be in the playoffs IF we win against Wigan.

Not counting our chickens though, as it's the typical game where we slip up.

Our thoughts on whether we prefer West Brom and Leeds to beat Fulham and Brentford as playoffs are our best hope, or vice versa in the faint hope of automatic promotion?

• Like 3

Let's just concentrate on avoiding a Wigan banana skin. Rovers' history is littered with games at Ewood where we know exactly how high we would leap up the table if only...

For Leeds and West Brom, victory next weekend will give them a very substantial cushion. For Fulham, anything less than a win and the most talented squad in the Championship can kiss automatic promotion goodbye. 

• Like 2