BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

Nicked from Facebook but more proof that fans were right and Mowbray was wrong. We should have transferred Ben Benson and kept Raya with Walton in on loan as No 2 to push him and let Leutwiler forge a career elsewhere.

880F5703-8BD0-4C3B-9E89-2FCF39760850.thumb.jpeg.29a53254b5256c31ed0e743913b410a5.jpeg

• Like 3

It was always going to be the case that Raya went on to be a good keeper.

When Brentford, with their spending levels and track record of player development, come along and offer millions for our keeper you can be sure that they know their stuff.

The fact that we sold him for millions, attempted to blame him for our awful defensive record, replaced him with an inferior loan signing and are now expected to accept that there's no money for signings I think is a disgrace and a dereliction of duty.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It was always going to be the case that Raya went on to be a good keeper.

When Brentford, with their spending levels and track record of player development, come along and offer millions for our keeper you can be sure that they know their stuff.

The fact that we sold him for millions, attempted to blame him for our awful defensive record, replaced him with an inferior loan signing and are now expected to accept that there's no money for signings I think is a disgrace and a dereliction of duty.

It's also always going to be the case that ANY professional goalkeeper who comes here is not going to develop under a coach who once had a do in the nets between 2 jumpers and read a "how to be a goalkeeper" book. Absolute piss poor. On a par with tin pot Judan Ali. Like having the kid behind the bar in the BBE who can't pull a pint telling Danny Graham how to score goals. Hang on... is that who coaches our £12mill duds ?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

It's also always going to be the case that ANY professional goalkeeper who comes here is not going to develop under a coach who once had a do in the nets between 2 jumpers and read a "how to be a goalkeeper" book. Absolute piss poor. On a par with tin pot Judan Ali.

Our 3 recent keepers all seem to have (had) the same problem with crosses and balls into the box - (of which Raya was the worst of the 3).

Coincidence?

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Would this guy inspire you 

Got to honest with you. That's near enough what I do with the team I help coach at U15s who plays goal. It's very basic and can be thought of on the spot. Surely there's more that goes on but not to impressed really for a pro.

Edited by Tom Stinny

9 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Would this guy inspire you 

I didn't hear anything I could disagree with in all honesty. Working on weaknesses and working on various aspects is how to improve. If you were the goalkeeping coach how would you address the three goals we conceded at Forest which were all attributable to Walton?

There's an old saying about making a silk purse out of a sows ear.

15 hours ago, Stuart said:

but more proof that fans were right and Mowbray was wrong.

We kept the 2nd highest number of clean sheets in the league. More than Brentford have. 

You have overlook a number of mistakes Raya has made this season. twice over Christmas. 

Walton made 2 mistakes in the Forest game in all fairness

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We kept the 2nd highest number of clean sheets in the league. More than Brentford have. 

You have overlook a number of mistakes Raya has made this season. twice over Christmas. 

Surely goals conceded is a more useful stat than clean sheets? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surely they should be one for keeper mistakes aswell. 

Surely all stats should be used not just the ones that favour your opinion

No but I am saying the most important defensive stat is goals conceded.

I dont rate Raya much either and he has obviously been helped by a good defence and not working with a novice coach. Walton is crap although you seemingly agree hence you saying we need a keeper.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

No but I am saying the most important defensive stat is goals conceded.

I dont rate Raya much either and he has obviously been helped by a good defence and not working with a novice coach. Walton is crap although you seemingly agree hence you saying we need a keeper.

I say we need a keeper cos we wont have one on the books come end of the season. I've mention 2 keepers who are out of contract this summer. Both cheap deals to do. 

I've said which positions and who I would sign this window. 

Hengenhan would be squad player. Good header of the ball. Cooper I would chasing all day long

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I say we need a keeper cos we wont have one on the books come end of the season. I've mention 2 keepers who are out of contract this summer. Both cheap deals to do. 

I've said which positions and who I would sign this window. 

Hengenhan would be squad player. Good header of the ball. Cooper I would chasing all day long

Cooper plays for the club who currently sit in 7th position in the table.Has he really let his contract run down so that he will be able to engineer a move to the club who are in 13th ?

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Cooper plays for the club who currently sit in 7th position in the table.Has he really let his contract run down so that he will be able to engineer a move to the club who are in 13th ?

Does look like Cooper signed long term deal last December

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you think Walton is adequate then we’ll have to agree to disagree.

• Like 1

• Backroom

They are all theoretically winnable games as every one of those teams has been inconsistent form-wise. Problem is when we're circling down one of Mowbray's death spirals we're extremely consistent form-wise in failing to win. So it depends how long this latest disaster-run lasts. Without Dack I can see it stretching on for as long if not longer than last year's February-March catastrophe. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Just checked our fixtures there 

PNE (H)

Sheffield Wednesday (A)

QPR (H)

Boro (A)

Fulham (H)

Hull (H)

Hard to see where the points will come from after the PNE game. Need to be winning that. 

Would be doing well to get 6 points from the next 5 games. 

QPR game been rearranged. 

Nothing to fear from any of those teams.