BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

And they looked like us in the second half....fitness took its toll , Leeds couldn't sustain their high press etc....

I wouldn't exactly say that, Arsenal stepped a gear and started playing like a Premier League team in the second half. If Leeds had have been playing Rovers it would have been over at half time.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wouldn't exactly say that, Arsenal stepped a gear and started playing like a Premier League team in the second half. If Leeds had have been playing Rovers it would have been over at half time.

Leeds visibly lost intensity in the second half, they couldn't maintain it throughout which allowed arsenal to play.  Arsenal couldn't deal with leeds when both teams were fresh

24 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Football manager predicts league table

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11902170/football-manager-2020-predicts-final-sky-bet-championship-table 

Does football manager know that Dack is injured? 

I love FM, but.....no way are we finishing a) one point off the play offs, b ) 3 points off 3rd and c) only 15 points off the top! They've been kind to us there.

Edited by frosty

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Football manager predicts league table

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11902170/football-manager-2020-predicts-final-sky-bet-championship-table 

Does football manager know that Dack is injured? 

Seen this. 

If we can start keeping more clean sheets. We win more games. 

We can score goals

Armstrong is a key player for us to make top 6

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Seen this. 

We can score goals

We won’t make top 6 without Dack.

Wouldn’t make it with him either, we always get stage fright when we get close.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

We won’t make top 6 without Dack.

Wouldn’t make it with him either, we always get stage fright when we get close.

Well that's opinion. My opinion is very different. Don't know why I have to keep repeating myself.

We still have a chance. 5 points off 6th place. 20 games to go. Plenty of points to play for. I wont have defeatist attitude. 

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Seen this. 

We can score goals

2 from open play in the last 4 without Dack would suggest to me that we can't score enough to get near the play-offs. Hope I'm wrong though. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well that's opinion. My opinion is very different. Don't know why I have to keep repeating myself.

We still have a chance. 5 points off 6th place. 20 games to go. Plenty of points to play for. I wont have defeatist attitude

Fair play to you, but I think people are just being realistic. I haven't seen anything to suggest we can come top 6 without Dack. We might have had some chance with him. 

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

2 from open play in the last 4 without Dack would suggest to me that we can't score enough to get near the play-offs. Hope I'm wrong though. 

I've assed how we score goals. As long as we win. 

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Fair play to you, but I think people are just being realistic. I haven't seen anything to suggest we can come top 6 without Dack. We might have had some chance with him. 

I see it has an opportunity for others to stand up and be count. 

I believe if we can play Armstrong further forward like up front in 4-4-2 he can replace Dack's goals and score another 10 goals before end of the season

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've assed how we score goals. As long as we win. 

I see it has an opportunity for others to stand up and be count. 

I believe if we can play Armstrong further forward like up front in 4-4-2 he can replace Dack's goals and score another 10 goals before end of the season

Ya, but we didn't win. We got 2 points from 12 since Dack was injured. 

No doubt it's an opportunity to step up alright, just nothing yet to suggest anyone, barring Armstrong will. Maybe if Mowbray settled on a team in a 4-4-2 formation and played that consistently we might have success, but I think we all know that won't happen/last. He can't help himself. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, but we didn't win. We got 2 points from 12 since Dack was injured. 

No doubt it's an opportunity to step up alright, just nothing yet to suggest anyone, barring Armstrong will. Maybe if Mowbray settled on a team in a 4-4-2 formation and played that consistently we might have success, but I think we all know that won't happen/last. He can't help himself. 

That's why I keep repeating myself about bringing in a keeper, left back and centre back this window. Get the defence right and start keeping clean sheets. We will start winning games. 

If we did go 4-4-2 and move Armstrong up front would we need another winger in? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's why I keep repeating myself about bringing in a keeper, left back and centre back this window. Get the defence right and start keeping clean sheets. We will start winning games. 

If we did go 4-4-2 and move Armstrong up front would we need another winger in? 

Mowbray has struggled to get the defence right in almost 3 years now, I wouldn't hold my breath for it to happen this window. Can't see him replacing Walton either. We might sign a left back, but if we sign a centre half it will still be Lenihan and Tosin at the back. The biggest worry for me now is where will the goals come from. People need to start chipping in

No, sure Gallagher would go there. If we got a good one in that would be great, but it's unlikely. More than likely a loan who Mowbray will be hesitant to put in for X, Y or Z reasons

• Like 2

• Backroom

There's no chance of us getting into the playoffs with the current manager in charge. I don't think he's ever had us in the top six, even briefly, has he? Our form is far too volitile under Mowbray. His inability to stop us from collapsing after a poor result will mean we forever stay in mid-table at best. Mentally he just isn't able to keep the squad at the level required. We need a no-nonsense winner in charge of the team before we can seriously think about promotion. It's exactly the same issue we had with Bowyer.

• Like 1

Play Offs is unrealistic unless we have an amazing window and get in 4 top class players - a striker, keeper, centre back and left back. 

A few reasons why: 

- We're missing Dack, our best player, and top scorer, who also creates a fair few goals too. 

- No one else looks likely to step up and increase their goal tally to replace Dack's lost goals. In fact step up is a bit misleading, get a big ladder and climb would be more appropriate, as Armstrong aside Dack has triple the number of goals any of the other players have. That would mean a couple of players would have to double their goals, or someone triple their goals, which is highly doubtful. You could argue Armstrong will become our pinch hitter, and replace Dack's goals, but even in that unlikely case - he has blown hot and cold since we brought him - we'd still need a player or two to double their goals to replace Armstrong's contribution as the second scorer. Again, this is unlikely. 

- Squad wise we have a threadbare defence with poor reserve defenders - Bell, Williams, Bennett. When injuries invariably occur, we don't have the quantity or quality to compete and maintain a strong level of ability. 

- We have a keeper who has dropped a number of clangers costing us points. Even if this continues at the same rate, it'll mean a fair few points dropped. 

- TM constantly plays players out of position and rotates the team, weakening cohesion and limiting players. He has shown no indication of stopping this unless the pressure is very high, and so will in all probability continue to do this costing us points. 

- Our form over 2019 was generally poor and we didn't over the course of the year get anywhere near enough points for playoffs. Even just taking this season we're not in the playoffs having had two poor runs already. The odds of another one or two costing us a fair number of points are very likely, when we consider this season and last. 

- Finally we are outside the playoffs half a season in, meaning that we have to improve in order to get into them. What are the chances of that? Do we realistically look like we are improving? Are many of the players? 

All in all, I can't see any reason to be optimistic unless TM is potted and we bring in players in the 4 above mentioned  positions who are actually of a good standard, which isn't going to happen. 

• Like 6

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We still have a chance. 5 points off 6th place. 20 games to go. Plenty of points to play for. I wont have defeatist attitude. 

You don’t have to keep repeating yourself, you’re right. I don’t take as much notice of your opinion as you seem to think I do, so I’m unsure why you addressed that at me...

It’s not about a defeatist attitude, it’s just I don’t know what you have seen to make you think that we have enough to get in the top 6, especially without our best player....

I don’t think it’s realistic at all.

• Like 1