BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

50 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes and they still cost the amount I said,when they signed doesn't change that. They released players to calm the wage bill,but they kept their £40 million strike force. 

I wouldn't go as far as saying I enjoy watching his team's,but he always exceeds expectations with what he has.

Would you be saying that about Brewster if we signed him? 

Agreed. Plus the big earners they lost were non contributors. It wasnt some ingrained and unique culture, any club would release high earners who arent playing anyway. 

You inherit that duo especially Ayew and you are at a huge advantage at this level. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Baston is gone in the summer and I expect Ayew will go. Surprise someone like Villa haven't gone for Ayew tbh. 

I did enjoying Danny Batth performance last night plus Butland being so commanding and looking back to his back. Wonder if his improvement is down to the new GK coach appointed. Similar to the job Bobby Mimms did with Paul Robinson

If only our goalkeeping coach had a similar effect!

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Baston is gone in the summer and I expect Ayew will go. Surprise someone like Villa haven't gone for Ayew tbh. 

I did enjoying Danny Batth performance last night plus Butland being so commanding and looking back to his back. Wonder if his improvement is down to the new GK coach appointed. Similar to the job Bobby Mimms did with Paul Robinson

I thought Robinson went downhill during his time at Rovers. Maybe it was to be expected given injuries and the aging process ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought Robinson went downhill during his time at Rovers. Maybe it was to be expected given injuries and the aging process ?

I thought he went downhill after Sam Allardyce went tbh. Maybe man management of Sam Allardyce was key to Robinson's game

44 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Never really rated him , maybe cos Brad was before him ..

Bad times. Groundhog Gaz keeping us stable, in the Darwen end watching Robinson go down like a sack of spuds whilst others chanted 'England's number one'. ?‍♂️

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
23 hours ago, Husky said:

Bad times. Groundhog Gaz keeping us stable, in the Darwen end watching Robinson go down like a sack of spuds whilst others chanted 'England's number one'. ?‍♂️

Anything outside the box and on target was a goal towards the end of his time here.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Anything outside the box and on target was a goal towards the end of his time here.

Indeed. He always had a slight problem with low shots (low long shots in particular) but after his injury - which was a very nasty injury to be fair - he was pretty poor and took an age to get down to anything.

That said, I think in general he was a good keeper for us under Big Sam and played his part in our top ten finish and being very tough to beat at Ewood.

Edited by frosty

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Ince bundling Friedel our the door was the only evidence we needed that the guy didn’t have a clue. Should’ve sacked the idiot then and there.

That's harsh on Ince. Friedel wanted to leave because he had lost a lot of money on an investment in the US and wanted a move to a club paying bigger wages.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And England regular Robinson was coming in for peanuts from Tottenham?

It was a shortsighted move from a bloke trying to show who was boss and we’ve never had anyone near his class since.

I don't think for one moment that this was Ince trying to show who was boss.

Friedel was allowed the move in recognition of his contribution to our club. Ince had only just arrived and I suspect that it was John Williams who effectively took this decision.

• Like 1

Ince suffered from lots of poor decisions by himself. Poor choices of coaching staff like Ray Mathias or Archie Know or Nigel Winterburn. Poor signings like Grella, Andrews or Fowler. His attitude towards everything thinking he was a big cheese here. He wasnt. Fans never took to him. 

John Williams made a massive mistake in appoint him at the time we did. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I always heard that Friedel left due to his investments in the USA suffering and he needed some cash quickly. A signing on fee + an agreement from Randy Lerner to help fund some USA soccer centres meant he wanted to go to Villa.

That doesn't detract from the fact Ince was a terrible manager.

Or the fact that Robinson was a serious down grade on Brad. We were never going to get another Brad but Robinson wasn't anything like good enough.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ince suffered from lots of poor decisions by himself. Poor choices of coaching staff like Ray Mathias or Archie Know or Nigel Winterburn. Poor signings like Grella, Andrews or Fowler. His attitude towards everything thinking he was a big cheese here. He wasnt. Fans never took to him. 

John Williams made a massive mistake in appoint him at the time we did. 

I agree with this, such a poor appointment, which in my opinion was a really lazy appointment, "Hughes was a great ex player and it worked so it probably will with Ince".

At least Williams and the club acted fairly quickly though, if that appointment had happened under Venkys it would have been March before we would have looked to get rid of him, if at all.

• Like 1