BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

44 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Spoke with a Bradford fan at the weekend and it seems that all his weaknesses from Rovers remain. 

Rotating the team when it doesn't need to be, (remember Brown for Gestede?) 

Giving the opposition too much respect. 

Centre mids who can't / won't cross the half way line. 

A centre mid who is in the team regardless of being dire. 

Defensive post match interviews. 

That Bradford fans are so fed up despite being in the playoffs shows he really isn't going down well in Bradford whatsoever. 

Sounds like Mowbray to me!

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Spoke with a Bradford fan at the weekend and it seems that all his weaknesses from Rovers remain. 

That Bradford fans are so fed up despite being in the playoffs shows he really isn't going down well in Bradford whatsoever. 

Someone hasn't learnt 

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

Well 2 out of 5 anyway

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well 2 out of 5 anyway

Really, Item 5 is bang on. Item 3 is right a lot of the time. Item 4 is right if that's your opinion of Bennett.

30 minutes ago, 47er said:

I thought that too. 

TM does more tinkering than Bowyer but his midfielders are a bit more adventurous. 

But I was struck by how similar the complaints were - especially players out of position and the feeling they could be doing so much better. 

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Really, Item 5 is bang on. Item 3 is right a lot of the time. Item 4 is right if that's your opinion of Bennett.

I wouldn't say he is defensive, too honest if anything. Of course hew does be defensive sometimes, but what manager isn't after a bad performance/result?

Our CMs do cross the half-way line, silly to say they don't.   Was certainly worse with Lowe and Williamson under Bowyer. 

How many times has Bennett played CM in the last year? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wouldn't say he is defensive, too honest if anything. Of course hew does be defensive sometimes, but what manager isn't after a bad performance/result?

Our CMs do cross the half-way line, silly to say they don't.   Was certainly worse with Lowe and Williamson under Bowyer. 

How many times has Bennett played CM in the last year? 

I don't think item 3 is meant to be taken literally. What we are really saying is how often do they run beyond the strikers to have a pop at goal ?  In fact how many goals do we score from central midfield in a season ? Most teams will at least half a dozen.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't think item 3 is meant to be taken literally. What we are really saying is how often do they run beyond the strikers to have a pop at goal ?  In fact how many goals do we score from central midfield in a season ? Most teams will at least half a dozen.

Johnson has a few. Travis certainly needs to add more to his game. Evans is the last person I would want a chance falling to in the box. Downing has a few,but no he ain't going to be up and down from that position. 

I would say some clubs have goalscoring centre mids,whilst others don't. It's not a given 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Johnson has a few. Travis certainly needs to add more to his game. Evans is the last person I would want a chance falling to in the box. Downing has a few,but no he ain't going to be up and down from that position. 

I would say some clubs have goalscoring centre mids,whilst others don't. It's not a given 

Yeah, even his mum wouldn't describe Evans as a goal grabber. He usually manages to hit the goalkeeper.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I still really respect GB for lifting some of the gloom from what was the darkest part of our darkest period, and really felt for him when he was sacked. But having seen what some of the players we had during his tenure have gone on to do, it's difficult not to admit that he is tactically limited. Quite surprised that it's still being exposed at such a low level though. 

Hope he turns it around, as I still think he did much much more good here than bad. 

When you look at the players we had under his tenure, most notably a 40 goal strike partnership, it's unforgivable that we never got into the top six. And yes, I know Bowyer signed most of those players but that's only half the battle.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Amo said:

When you look at the players we had under his tenure, most notably a 40 goal strike partnership, it's unforgivable that we never got into the top six. And yes, I know Bowyer signed most of those players but that's only half the battle.

I wouldn't ever want to sound overly harsh on him seeing how much he was responsible for giving us a much needed lift. I'd put him as one of only two post-Sam managers to be in credit overall (admittedly a shockingly low bar!) and he was very good at identifying good young players.

Even so, you're 100% right that we underachieved badly and it looks even worse in retrospect. The goals in that side shows it, but also the careers had by King, Cairney, Duffy and Hanley too. One that doesn't get mentioned as much is O'Connell who is now being linked with some of the biggest clubs in the land. Judge and Dunny were both badly underused too, and a lot of the problems come down to GB not really wanting to leave a straightforward 442 as far as I see it.

Grateful for his contribution, but hard not to look at that time as a missed opportunity.

39 minutes ago, Amo said:

The fateful day of Sunday March 9th 2014 was a sackable offence in itself.

• Like 2

• Backroom
52 minutes ago, Amo said:

Hey now, you're being very unfair here in forgetting those three hours or so when we reached the promised land of 6th place. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Class post from Benni 

Screenshot_20200127-223922_Instagram.jpg

Bennett comes across as a complete arse to me.

Has never really performed since he came to the Club, and has been particularly dire more recently  but seems to think a fist pump post match and a bit of tub thumping on social media cuts it.

Then of course he's the first to complain if anyone takes issue with him about his performances on said platforms.

I'd rather see a few decent performances on the pitch from him myself.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bennett comes across as a complete arse to me.

Has never really performed since he came to the Club, and has been particularly dire more recently  but seems to think a fist pump post match and a bit of tub thumping on social media cuts it.

Then of course he's the first to complain if anyone takes issue with him about his performances on said platforms.

I'd rather see a few decent performances on the pitch from him myself.

I very much doubt you'd ever say that to his face.

Such bravery from behind a keyboard.

• Like 6