BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wasn't this season for Boro a transition season giving that Gibson wants to reduce the wage bill and bring through alot of academy players. Plus wage bill will be reduce again in the summer with players like Gestede, Howson, Friend, Ayala, Shotton, out of contract this summer. Plus I would expect Assombalonga to be sold. The summer is going tough to replace some of the players, but they have given players Pears(GK), Clouson(left back), Spence(Right wing), Wing(Centre mid), Tavernier(winger) Alot of game time this season and that's seem to their future now with some good players like Saville, McNair and Fletcher there. 

Problem is if Woodgate is struggling with the current squad, you wonder how he'd cope next season with the better players in the squad potentially sold and in need of replacing. He'd need a very good transfer window to realistically progress. They might need somebody more experienced to deal with that. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DE. said:

Noticed quite loud boos at the final whistle on the Quest highlights. If Boro have any ambition they need to accept Woodgate was a mistake and move on. I do wonder if Mowbray would interest them if we finish this season in good form. 

Totally agree. I appreciate that using young players warrants patience and can often compromise results in the short term but thats why it should be done incrementally and you do wonder if he has tried to do it far too quickly.

He hasnt had loads to spend but his recruits have not really improved the team. They didnt lose loads of important players either, Downing couldnt start games for most of last season and Flint was poor for them. Pulis had them in 7th and was sacked so to drop so far down the table makes it nigh on impossible to warrant more time.

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Problem is if Woodgate is struggling with the current squad, you wonder how he'd cope next season with the better players in the squad potentially sold and in need of replacing. He'd need a very good transfer window to realistically progress. They might need somebody more experienced to deal with that. 

I don't think the January window was a good one for club. I don't know how the recruitment works there or who is in charge of scouting there. 

You are right the summer recruitment whoever the manager is will be crucial there. Gibson seems to be backing Woodgate so far. 

59 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Totally agree. I appreciate that using young players warrants patience and can often compromise results in the short term but thats why it should be done incrementally and you do wonder if he has tried to do it far too quickly.

He hasnt had loads to spend but his recruits have not really improved the team. They didnt lose loads of important players either, Downing couldnt start games for most of last season and Flint was poor for them. Pulis had them in 7th and was sacked so to drop so far down the table makes it nigh on impossible to warrant more time.

Pulis wasn't sacked tho. He walk away from the club cos of budget cuts actually and recommend Woodgate for the job. 

You need to look at Gibson wants and he want to cut the budget and start bringing more youth players more and more. Wage budget will be reduce next season again. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think the January window was a good one for club. I don't know how the recruitment works there or who is in charge of scouting there. 

You're referring to Boro's January window there. What did you think of our's then?