BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

12 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

And we've still to go to Luton, Barnsley, Wigan, who are all picking up points at the moment.

There is NO easy game in this next dozen fixtures, sadly.

While this is certainly true, it is true for every other team in this division as well and not something unique to Rovers. 

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Andy Cryer ,the miserable git formerly of the LT, is constantly tweeting about how useless they are. Seems they have no striker  

He was complaining whilst they were in the top 6 to be fair. Dont like Lee Johnson at all.

They do have the firepower though, Nakhi Wells has 14 goals overall this season, albeit 13 for QPR, and Diedhiou has 10 goals. Their deficiencies are in other areas.

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He was complaining whilst they were in the top 6 to be fair. Dont like Lee Johnson at all.

They do have the firepower though, Nakhi Wells has 14 goals overall this season, albeit 13 for QPR, and Diedhiou has 10 goals. Their deficiencies are in other areas.

Ya, he is always complaining to be fair

They would need Wells to get going there as he doesn't seem to have continued his QPR form 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, he is always complaining to be fair

They would need Wells to get going there as he doesn't seem to have continued his QPR form 

He had Eze E behind him at QPR, a player that has been tearing it up this season. Interesting Spurs and Chelsea now. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

He had Eze E behind him at QPR, a player that has been tearing it up this season. Interesting Spurs and Chelsea now. 

Ya, Eze E looks a handful alright. It can be like that for strikers, there is the Irish lad whose name escapes me, was on loan at Swindon from Bradford, scored a ridiculous amount of goals, Bradford recalled him , played 6 games for them and never scored before joining Swindon permanently. 

Watched Cardiff against Forest last night. I have to say, we certainly look to have more about us than Cardiff, far more.  They had a guy playing upfront, Glatzel, he cost £5.5 million from Germany. The price tag made me compare him to Gallagher , from what I saw last night Gallagher is certainly more athletic. This guys main strength seemed to be diving to win frees, which he did pretty well to be fair. No world beater though, that's for sure. If we spent €5.5 million on a player from the continent, I would certainly be expecting better. 

Forest have some quality players in key positions; the keeper looks good, Worrell at the back is very solid, Watson in midfield was immense and Grabban upfront a real handful. The guy who scored, Lolly and Cash all look decent too. I think they might be the ones to put pressure on Leeds. Not unbeatable either though by any stretch of the imagination. 

Big season, all there for the taking! 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Watched Cardiff against Forest last night. I have to say, we certainly look to have more about us than Cardiff, far more.  They had a guy playing upfront, Glatzel, he cost £5.5 million from Germany. The price tag made me compare him to Gallagher , from what I saw last night Gallagher is certainly more athletic. This guys main strength seemed to be diving to win frees, which he did pretty well to be fair. No world beater though, that's for sure. If we spent €5.5 million on a player from the continent, I would certainly be expecting better. 

Forest have some quality players in key positions; the keeper looks good, Worrell at the back is very solid, Watson in midfield was immense and Grabban upfront a real handful. The guy who scored, Lolly and Cash all look decent too. I think they might be the ones to put pressure on Leeds. Not unbeatable either though by any stretch of the imagination. 

Big season, all there for the taking! 

I think Forest are similar to us in that they've had some very good players there over the years, but never found the right manager to get them playing well enough as a unit. Seems like they might have finally found their guy now though. 

• Like 1

What a disappointment.

Looking at it with rose-tinted glassed, Swansea and Milwall lost in the fight for 5th/6th. Because that is the group we are working with, considering our limitations. Leeds, Forest and Fulham (maybe Brentford) are probably a level above.

We just have to hope we can break the glass ceiling, somehow get in and somehow beat them in the playoffs.

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They have gotten themselves in quiet the pickle. I think firing him would probably end up badly for them at this stage 

Not sure it can get much worse, but I suppose it would depend who they brought in. I don't think it would be too much harder to find better than Woodgate though in all honesty. 

Just now, DE. said:

Not sure it can get much worse, but I suppose it would depend who they brought in. I don't think it would be too much harder to find better than Woodgate though in all honesty. 

No,but he is a club legend so it's not as straight forward sacking him, I am sure he would have been gone by now if it was anyone else. 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No,but he is a club legend so it's not as straight forward sacking him, I am sure he would have been gone by now if it was anyone else. 

Highlights the risk of bringing in somebody like that I guess. Although saying that Berg was a club legend here and he got 60 days or so ?

• Like 1