BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Highlights the risk of bringing in somebody like that I guess. Although saying that Berg was a club legend here and he got 60 days or so ?

Ya,that was all part of the carnival back then. Things are a bit more personal and I suppose respectful at Boro now. I'm sure it would pain Gibson to have to sack Woodgate. It's a tricky one because if he kept them up,who knows,it could be a starting point and they could be good next season. Dropping to leave 1 would obviously be very bad though! 

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No,but he is a club legend so it's not as straight forward sacking him, I am sure he would have been gone by now if it was anyone else. 

I know a bloke over here who is a Boro fan. He's been slating Woodgate since last August. His take is that he should never have been given the job in the first place as he wasn't up to it. So far he is being proven right.

They are dropping like a stone. Others around them are waking up.

• Like 1

Hull looking a prime example of what happens if you sell your best players mid season and don't reinvest properly. Luckily for them they were in a decent position before the sales began but still not safe yet.

Reading also looking poor again. Bowen has surpassed expectations there but that's a shocker against Wigan and suddenly a potential 11 point gap becomes 5 with Barnsley up next.

• Backroom

Salary caps always tread rocky legal ground in this part of the world, but something has to be done to stem the financial losses incurred by practically every club in the Championship. The league itself is completely unsustainable as a business model, relying almost entirely on owners bailing out clubs to the tune of tens of millions of pounds season upon season. 

22 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Serious collapse from Hull.

A point from the top 6 on New Year’s Day to a relegation battle.

Reminds me of us in 12/13 a bit. After Appleton’s honeymoon period we were just behind Brighton in 6th, that was in February. Then we completely fell away and didn’t get going again until after we fell into the bottom three April time ish. Thoroughly miserable season.

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If we win next weekend and Bristol city don't,  ,we are in the play off places. 

Closest we have ever been!!

If we beat Brentford we were in the play off places so by default we were closer then! We were 3 points from the play offs before that game and still are 

Are we just discounting Preston now?

• Backroom

Just noticed that Wigan's win today has dropped Boro into the relegation zone. Hell of a run Wigan are on at the moment, fair play to them. 

If Barnsley keep picking up points then the likes of Hull, Charlton and Stoke will be sweating big time as well. Huddersfield not safe yet either, but think the teams above them should be okay.