BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

Tomorrow I was going to buy tickets for the Wigan game next Wednesday , is there any chance of football being moved to behind closed doors before then does anyone think? Might be a stupid question but I can’t be bothered buying tickets to then not be able to go ?

7 minutes ago, Butty said:

Tomorrow I was going to buy tickets for the Wigan game next Wednesday , is there any chance of football being moved to behind closed doors before then does anyone think? Might be a stupid question but I can’t be bothered buying tickets to then not be able to go ?

cant see it. 

I will be going. 

20 hours ago, Butty said:

Think Wigan and Barnsley will be fine.

I expect something to be announced for after that though.

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Why? I thought it was just ironic shorthand for its long spell, as an uncritical, party-line ( non) newspaper...

There’s more to our local paper than just Rovers, so I thought it was a bit OTT tbh.

6 hours ago, K-Hod said:

There’s more to our local paper than just Rovers, so I thought it was a bit OTT tbh.

Aye, I always look forward to their newest rundown of ‘top Blackburn restaurants’ nicked from TripAdvisor.

If it wasn’t for football, it would’ve folded.

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

What? The biggest scandal in the town for many years, involving hundreds of jobs and millions of pounds1

Imagine, if it was the MEN or Liverpool Echo!!!

Yeah the Telegraph has a lot to answer for in our early years of Venkys. Any real reporter would be looking at speaking to those with an inside track to try and uncover the goings on. Instead ours was obsessed with the status quo and did a sum total of 0 investigative work.

Haven't bought it in years. The only time the club really needed it in my lifetime and it was absent. Nothing they print I can't get off the Rovers website anyway.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Birmingham asking players to defer wages...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52022741

I read somewhere else that Gillingham’s top earners are on over 3k a week, so with bonuses, that’s probably over 200k a year of outgoings on just one third division journeyman... that’s Gillingham with their paltry income.

Things will have to change, the days of plenty for mediocre footballers will be over.

Edited by Mattyblue

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11976052/charlton-athletic-takeover-by-east-street-investments-under-investigation-by-efl

It seems that Charlton are in bother again but equally the EFL and it's 'fit and proper' test should be investigated thoroughly. Taken from the article is this: 

But majority shareholder Tahnoon Nimer has still yet to satisfy EFL requests for proof and source of funding.

He is now being investigated, along with former executive chairman Matt Southall and Jonathan Heller, who were both removed from the Charlton board last month after a bitter civil war for control of the Championship club.

• 1 month later...
On 20/04/2020 at 17:57, arbitro said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11976052/charlton-athletic-takeover-by-east-street-investments-under-investigation-by-efl

It seems that Charlton are in bother again but equally the EFL and it's 'fit and proper' test should be investigated thoroughly. Taken from the article is this: 

But majority shareholder Tahnoon Nimer has still yet to satisfy EFL requests for proof and source of funding.

He is now being investigated, along with former executive chairman Matt Southall and Jonathan Heller, who were both removed from the Charlton board last month after a bitter civil war for control of the Championship club.

Y'know I'm no expert on tests, but even for farcical ones like this, surely there is an expectation it is "passed" before taking over a club. 

I mean it's a whole new level of piss-take that you don't even have to pass the test and complete the documentation. Forget the fact the bar is lower than a crouching ant, it's even more rediculous, and defeats the "legitimacy" that you don't even have to comply or pass the test to get hold of a club. 

To say the EFL or whoever's behind the test are shameless is an understatement. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it overly surprising? Did a poor job at Oxford, seemingly stabbed Monk in the back and has hardly pulled up any trees at Birmingham.

They seem like a club destined to bumble around this division indefinitely.

well reading a few articles about him stepping down, it appears that his family is in Spain so I do wonder if he has step down for family reasons. 

Did he stabbed Monk in the back? Monk say so but Clotet has said he didn't. It does seems that Monk and the Birmingham owners had disagreements over playing style, bringing in players and transfer budget. 

Clotet did bring through 6 Academy players, but some signings haven't work out but I don't think Clotet had the final say on signings there. 

Will Birmingham go foreign head coach or British manager. Big decision for them.