BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Monks quotes were very damning. "Unfortunately, I didn't listen to a lot of people in football circles who warned me about him. That's an error of judgement from myself. I don't speak with him."

A bit like when Allardyce appointed a certain coach...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Monks quotes were very damning. "Unfortunately, I didn't listen to a lot of people in football circles who warned me about him. That's an error of judgement from myself. I don't speak with him."

Yes I read the Monk's Quotes. 

But Clotet was Monk's number 2 at Swansea, Leeds and Birmingham. So only became a problem only at Birmingham. So if people warned him why did he appoint him 3 times as number 2 then? 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I read the Monk's Quotes. 

But Clotet was Monk's number 2 at Swansea, Leeds and Birmingham. So only became a problem only at Birmingham. So if people warned him why did he appoint him 3 times as number 2 then? 

Monk has left under a cloud or odd circumstances from every club he has been at. He's only about 40 and yet has gone through 5 clubs in the same number of years. Its never been a case of him being sacked because results have been poor or their League position being a problem. He left Leeds when they nearly got into the playoffs, Middlesbrough when they were in the top 6 or very near, Birmingham in strange circumstances after most felt he had done well keeping them steady during the Ffp problems. 

Lee Carsley is being linked to the job today.

• Like 3

I see Birmingham have avoided further sanctions for FFP breaches. So they've broken the rules by a country mile, failed to follow a transfer embargo imposed as a result and failed to then stick to the business plan and restrictions imposed by the league but only had one points deduction, timed for when they were comfortably mid-table with little chance of promotion or relegation.

Still no news on Sheffield Wednesday, Derby or Reading for fiddling either.

Remind me why anyone takes these rules seriously or worries about compliance?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I see Birmingham have avoided further sanctions for FFP breaches. So they've broken the rules by a country mile, failed to follow a transfer embargo imposed as a result and failed to then stick to the business plan and restrictions imposed by the league but only had one points deduction, timed for when they were comfortably mid-table with little chance of promotion or relegation.

Yet we are frightened to death about an embargo! Who’s kidding who here?

Weren’t Big Club the side who, under Honest ‘Arry, were given a free pass by Huddersfield (who also avoided sanctions despite breaking league rules) at our expense?

Something tells me that city clubs are being given a helping hand because it suits TV companies to have them in and around the PL.

Sky’s wet dream PL:

Man City v United

Liverpool v Everton

Arsenal v Spurs

Brum v Villa

Newcastle v Sunderland

Chelsea v Leeds

Derby v Leicester

Sheff Utd v Wednesday

Southampton v Portsmouth

Cardiff v Swansea

Although I’m sure they’d bin one off Derby-Leicester or Southampton-Portsmouth if they thought they could get Celtic v Rangers.

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

The smokescreen of the surreal FFP is a Godsend to Waggott and the others at Ewood. It hides his ineptitude very well. I never cease to be amazed at the gullibility of those who believe what that man says.

OR it could be that FFP only applies to us as we have previously broken so many rules that the ''Football Authorities'', I kept a straight face as I typed that, knew/know about and swept under the carpet that we've had our last warning years ago.

The Circus rolls on.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stuart said:

Yet we are frightened to death about an embargo! Who’s kidding who here?

Weren’t Big Club the side who, under Honest ‘Arry, were given a free pass by Huddersfield (who also avoided sanctions despite breaking league rules) at our expense?

Something tells me that city clubs are being given a helping hand because it suits TV companies to have them in and around the PL.

Sky’s wet dream PL:

Man City v United

Liverpool v Everton

Arsenal v Spurs

Brum v Villa

Newcastle v Sunderland

Chelsea v Leeds

Derby v Leicester

Sheff Utd v Wednesday

Southampton v Portsmouth

Cardiff v Swansea

Although I’m sure they’d bin one off Derby-Leicester or Southampton-Portsmouth if they thought they could get Celtic v Rangers.

There's no way sky want a PL without West Ham in it.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

There's no way sky want a PL without West Ham in it.

Yeah, I did consider them as the oppo for Chelsea.

To be fair, Chelsea only really get in because of Abramovic’s cash. But for that they’d be in the Championship with Millwall.

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

How much longer can Woodgate keep his job? Boro 3-0 down at half time at home to Swansea.

Being generous to him, taking over a Tony Pulis squad with the remit of doing better with a reduced budget whilst playing more football was going to be very tough for anyone. Even so, we're well in the final quarter of the season and they're in serious danger of going down. Not acceptable for that club or squad.

52 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

How much longer can Woodgate keep his job? Boro 3-0 down at half time at home to Swansea.

He's had a bad season and shows what a difference a manager makes at this level. Very average teams like Millwall are looking towards playoffs with a good manager, Boro looking downwards because of a poor one.  

Not a good start for Hull and Boro. 

Strange team picked by Woodgate today from the start. No Assombalonga, Fletcher, Tavernier, Roberts or Spence. 

McCann just cant get Hull going. In freefall. They need new ownership there and new direction. Cant be easy when your best 2 players are sold in January

Edited by chaddyrovers

Suspect that Middlesbrough and Charlton might survive despite being dreadful by virtue of Hull's collapse. There's no way they're surviving now. Question is will either Barnsley or Luton cobble together a couple of wins to really send things crazy down there. If not then the likes of Middlesbrough, Huddersfield and Stoke may all survive through drawing odd games.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2

We now have a chance amazingly,  I've seen us play some crap this season, with sprinkles of sublime play.  The division is average, this could be our best chance for a while.  Will Mowbray go for it? Or will we see the usual draws  and cautious/nervous play when the crunch games come along.?

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

Suspect that Middlesbrough and Charlton might survive despite being dreadful by virtue of Hull's collapse. There's no way they're surviving now. Question is will either Barnsley or Luton cobble together a couple of wins to really send things crazy down there. If not then the likes of Middlesbrough, Huddersfield and Stoke may all survive through drawing odd games.

Hull are in some serious trouble. They had to beat Charlton, the game was massive for them. Into the bottom 3 now and I can't see them getting out of it now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Hull are in some serious trouble. They had to beat Charlton, the game was massive for them. Into the bottom 3 now and I can't see them getting out of it now.

I think so. They weren't initially on my radar for likely relegation candidates- certainly not like Boro, Luton, Charlton, Reading, Wigan and Barnsley but they seem to be in serious free fall. It seems like they have a few injuries on top of selling their best 2 players which is something very few sides in this division could actually survive. 

Good win for Charon today but wouldn't say they are guarenteed out of it. I read 3 of their players including their main striker are refusing to play for them so not to jepodise summer moves which is a huge, huge blow. Given the striker in particular has scored a lot of their goals they are far from out of trouble too. If I were Barnsley or Luton I'd be optimistic that there are some prime candidates for them to overtake. 

Boro must also be seen as prime candidates to overtake too. To have that kind of squad and budget compared to the other championship strugglers yet be in the mix speaks volumes for how poor Woodgate is and how badly it is going. Probably his squad have enough quality to get them over the line but given the manager's inexperience I would imagine that it will be tight and give Boro fans some sleepless nights. A 3-0 tonking at home sets an ominous tone. 

Luton and Barnsley's small squad sizes do put them in a precarious position given the frequency of games coming up. The break in negative momentum will help but feel their resources begin stretched could well work against them. 

As for the rest Wigan go from looking totally out of their depth and on the worst away run ever, through to looking a decent outfit. Ditto Reading - look terrible or competent. I don't think either team will be troubling the top half of the table in the next season or two but their odd good performance will keep them safe. Stoke likewise fall into this category although with then I am surprised they haven't done better since the new chap has come in. 

So it's 3 from 5 imo and as much a battle as it is at the top. 

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Leeds are already up, so it's no big deal for them or Rovers if they lose, but Cardiff are one of our promotion rivals. A win for them is a bad result for us. 

This is Leeds the perennial bottlers you are on about.