BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Warnock was happy to come and work in those circumstances and from what we know he was set to be appoint as manager at Rovers. But some how Coyle got the job, Now I remember a conversation on twitter me, you and someone else who I wont posted his name where he told you about how Coyle was appointed and the budget he had. Have you forget that? also did you not see the article that the Football league paper did on how Coyle got the job from under Warnock? Plus didn't Coyle try to sign Stuart Armstrong in the summer who would have been a good signing for us if he had got him. So Coyle knew the situation before he joined so I dont have much sympathy for him

Smith also worked under a similar model at Brentford where they have Philip Giles as Director of football

Not really sure any of that is relevant to the points I was making, that Coyle didnt have much money at all to work with, and that Villa's transfer team however its made up is doing an awful job of recruitment.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not really sure any of that is relevant to the points I was making, that Coyle didnt have much money at all to work with, and that Villa's transfer team however its made up is doing an awful job of recruitment.

plenty of my post was relevant. Warnock was coming to Rovers to become manager to work with the same budget as Coyle, so making excuses for his poor recruitment. Warnock was happy with the budget. 

Do you not remember that conversation me, yourself and another person had on twitter of how Coyle was appointed and his budget. Graham, Mulgrew, Gallagher, Feeney and Stokes wages weren't cheap were they? Did Coyle need to make 13 signings and waste money on 3 loan signings that never had any sought of impact. 

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

plenty of my post was relevant. Warnock was coming to Rovers to become manager to work with the same budget as Coyle, so making excuses for his poor recruitment. Warnock was happy with the budget. 

Do you not remember that conversation me, yourself and another person had on twitter of how Coyle was appointed and his budget. Graham, Mulgrew, Gallagher, Feeney and Stokes wages weren't cheap were they? Did Coyle need to make 13 signings and waste money on 3 loan signings that never had any sought of impact. 

He had his best 2 players sold for 10m and was given 250k to spend and otherwise had to make do with loans and frees to replace those 2 and the series of loans Lambert decided to bring in, the best of whom Coyle signed permanently. 

Whether he was happy accepting such a bad budget and whether he spent it wisely or not is not my point. I know hes a shit manager and a knobhead but surely you can look past that and admit he was not given a good budget.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He had his best 2 players sold for 10m and was given 250k to spend and otherwise had to make do with loans and frees to replace those 2 and the series of loans Lambert decided to bring in, the best of whom Coyle signed permanently. 

Whether he was happy accepting such a bad budget and whether he spent it wisely or not is not my point. I know hes a shit manager and a knobhead but surely you can look past that and admit he was not given a good budget.

Warnock was more than happy with that budget and know we had to sell 2 players. But he had line up 2 signings in Bamba and Hoilett as he admitted in articles before. 

He signed 13 players with this so called not a good budgets. He signed some shocking players. His choices. He tried to sign Stuart Armstrong from Celtic for 1 million. That bid was rejected. 

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Warnock was more than happy with that budget and know we had to sell 2 players. But he had line up 2 signings in Bamba and Hoilett as he admitted in articles before. 

He signed 13 players with this so called not a good budgets. He signed some shocking players. His choices. He tried to sign Stuart Armstrong from Celtic for 1 million. That bid was rejected. 

Yes, all frees and loans apart from one for 250k. Net spend of minus 10 million. Your dislike of Coyle is overriding any logic.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Yes, all frees and loans apart from one for 250k. Net spend of minus 10 million. Your dislike of Coyle is overriding any logic.

And you defending him. He had a budget that he was happy with to come here so he cant complained or you. He signed mostly rubbish players. Would Warnock or Adkins have bought better? I would say so. 

13 signings that summer. 5 good or decent signings rest not good enough or injury prone. 

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And you defending him. He had a budget that he was happy with to come here so he cant complained or you. He signed mostly rubbish players. Would Warnock or Adkins have bought better? I would say so. 

13 signings that summer. 5 good or decent signings rest not good enough or injury prone. 

He isnt complaining, he isnt taking part in the conversation. And I am not defending him, I have called him a knobhead and a shit manager. I am just stating the facts that he had hardly any resources and had to sell his best 2 players. I have not stated whether I feel that he used those limited resources well or otherwise, my point is that he had very limited resources.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

He isnt complaining, he isnt taking part in the conversation. And I am not defending him, I have called him a knobhead and a shit manager. I am just stating the facts that he had hardly any resources and had to sell his best 2 players. I have not stated whether I feel that he used those limited resources well or otherwise, my point is that he had very limited resources.

13 signings is hardly limited resources IMO. Warnock was happy to take the job in those circumstances. Other managers would have done. 

So can we agree to disagree cant we ain't going to agree arent we? 

• Like 1

Both Bowyer in his final windows and Coyle did have a vastly reduced budget in comparison to 2012/14.

That’s just a fact illustrated by the sheer amount of quality players that departed and the largely cheap crap that replaced them.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

13 signings is hardly limited resources IMO. Warnock was happy to take the job in those circumstances. Other managers would have done. 

So can we agree to disagree cant we ain't going to agree arent we? 

I think the reason I mentioned Coyle is that you are utterly unsympathetic to his situation to the point you say "other managers would take the job in this situation" i.e. there is no room for complaint and it isn't a factor in him being a crap manager. 

Now that is all well and good if that is your position BUT you mention every excuse and extenuating circumstance for Woodgate! It's total double standards depending on whether you like a guy or not. You can't say the circumstances don't matter for one manager, plenty of managers would have dealt with that situation, for Coyle yet plead mitigating circumstances for Woodgate. It's a totally contradictory stance. 

As it is if you think Could had a good budget you must be a bit disappointed that TM has not done better given he has a Walker or Abramovich type budget in comparison. Remember Bereton cost what, over twenty times what Coyle spent on transfer fees alone. TM never had to sell his best players. TM was able to recruit on top of the substantial wages of Graham and Mulgrew. I suspect you aren't disappointed with TM which again suggests hugely double standards. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

I think the reason I mentioned Coyle is that you are utterly unsympathetic to his situation to the point you say "other managers would take the job in this situation" i.e. there is no room for complaint and it isn't a factor in him being a crap manager. 

Now that is all well and good if that is your position BUT you mention every excuse and extenuating circumstance for Woodgate! It's total double standards depending on whether you like a guy or not. You can't say the circumstances don't matter for one manager, plenty of managers would have dealt with that situation, for Coyle yet plead mitigating circumstances for Woodgate. It's a totally contradictory stance. 

Woodgate has made a number of mistakes during his time like having an experience number 2 and good scouting and recruitment staff around him. He hasn't had this. Thats down to him and Gibson. I have said that Woodgate cant complained about being sacked haven't I. 

Coyle cant complained about his time at Rovers or his budget here. I have zero sympathy for him.

Rather Brentford go up as it's one less long away trip next season. With Norwich, Bournemouth, Watford and West Ham looking like coming down it's going to be full of Southern clubs. 

Then again would like to go to their new ground if possible. 

Top 4 won't be caught now. 5th and 6th are the aim.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Well I’m not scared of the West Brom game anymore. They were Phil Babb.

Plus another clean sheet for the man Mowbray couldn’t get a tune out of (because of loyalty to his other favourite Ben) and 5 points off the top.

18 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Plus another clean sheet for the man Mowbray couldn’t get a tune out of (because of loyalty to his other favourite Ben) and 5 points off the top.

Put the 10 outfield players at Brentford in front of Walton and im sure Walton would be polishing his nails mid game with a clean sheet behind him !

1 minute ago, HowieFive0 said:

Put the 10 outfield players at Brentford in front of Walton and im sure Walton would be polishing his nails mid game with a clean sheet behind him !

Odd that Brentford signed Raya then when Walton was available.

But still, I guess Brentford having a better first team than us isn’t Mowbray’s fault either...

28 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Still at it with the Mowbray hate I see @Stuart ??

Good to be back for the run in with my provocative positivity!

I do have visions of Raya having a worldie in the playoff final. In a penalty shoot out. Against us.

I don’t hate him, but I do resent the fact that we are stuck with him until he decides he’s had enough - no matter how badly we do.

It would be nice to be in the top 6 for five minutes, just once, but is suppose its better for that to happen after the last game of the season.

Good to have you back @S8 & Blue 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stuart said:
4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Odd that Brentford signed Raya then when Walton was available.

But still, I guess Brentford having a better first team than us isn’t Mowbray’s fault either...

Brentford have recruited very well and hats off to them ..infact  I think  with VAR in use they  would have won the title by 25 pts ..!..(im Joking of course ..I think )