BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

Good win for Warnock at Boro. restore players to their proper positions like Howson back to centre midfield. 

Hull City had a good chance to win and blown it twice at Birmingham, 

Huddersfield into the bottom 3 tonight and play Forest tomorrow. 

Didnt realised Stoke City were so far down the league

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good win for Warnock at Boro. restore players to their proper positions like Howson back to centre midfield. 

Yep proper manager plus the squad they have. They will be safe now. 

Hull City had a good chance to win and blown it twice at Birmingham,

All the signs of a  team heading for relegation imo. Can't get the points even when given the opportunity. 

Huddersfield into the bottom 3 tonight and play Forest tomorrow. 

Didnt realised Stoke City were so far down the league

Both teams are struggling more than I imagined with new managers. In fairness Stoke seemed to have a lot wrong and a huge squad with issues which will take time to sort out. And Huddersfield were hopeless, winless in ages before the new manager took over so both jobs were/are big jobs. I'll be honest I think the ex premier league factor blinded me to the size of the job in both cases. As Sunderland kindly showed with their comedy drama being an ex premiership club doesn't prevent there being huge issues. 

• Backroom

If I had to take a punt I would tip Hull, Luton and Barnsley for the final three places - although Stoke, Charlton or Huddersfield could easily fall through the trap door if Luton or Barnsely pick up a string of good results from the final few games. Boro will be fine with Warnock in charge. Wigan also have enough to get over the line.

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

If I had to take a punt I would tip Hull, Luton and Barnsley for the final three places - although Stoke, Charlton or Huddersfield could easily fall through the trap door if Luton or Barnsely pick up a string of good results from the final few games. Boro will be fine with Warnock in charge. Wigan also have enough to get over the line.

Agree with this although Charlton have now won two on the bounce. They look like they are getting their act together despite several key players pulling a strop and not playing. I had them down after that but their response has been.excellent. 

Luton and Barnsley have to be favourites for the drop but both have responded well after the break. Luton under new management and have an excellent 4 points from Preston and Swansea. Barnsley an excellent 4 points from QPR and Millwall. 

Both have work to do but some momentum, whereas Huddersfield, Stoke and Hull don't really have any.

From a selfish point of view I'd like Stoke down as if they survive and sort themselves out they could easily challenge next season, the others probably won't.

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Would be surprised to see Lee Johnson at Bristol City come the start of next season, the fans have been against him for a while now and they have become stagnant on the pitch.

supposedly Burnley would be interest in Johnson if Dyche left. 

I wonder who the Bristol City fans would like to see there as manager?

Some good managers out there ready to get to work. Mick McCarthy and Chris Hughton. Slavisa Jokanovic. 

Middlesbrough getting Warnock in a masterstroke. More or less guarantees survival this season and if they had any sense they'll offer him another year with a huge bonus for promotion. Promotion can be done on the cheap as he showed with Cardiff and for all Middlesbrough's problems this year he could rapidly turn it around. 

Never really got what the fuss is about with Johnson. Steady but unspectacular in 3 jobs. Seems to always have Bristol nearly in the top six before dropping out again. Bristol fans aren't happy with him. 

The standard of this league really is overrated in my opinion which makes our stumbles a little more frustrating.

There are probably 9 or 10 absolutely awful teams, including some absolute shockers, teams like Hull, Luton etc. Then looking up, you even look at the game today, a mid table side v a play off contender, both decidedly average and even above that, ourselves, Cardiff, Preston etc, is there really that much quality there?

The standard of goalkeeping in the Championship really is abysmal too. Even many of the keepers in the top half are regularly error prone. It shouldnt take too much to find a competent goalkeeper.

• Like 1

Forest cementing their place in playoffs at present, 2-0 up. 

Looks increasingly like just the battle for 6th place to be decided, with Cardiff the form team and in the driving seat.

Rovers also-rans and always have been

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Some good managers out there ready to get to work. Mick McCarthy and Chris Hughton. Slavisa Jokanovic. 

Middlesbrough getting Warnock in a masterstroke. More or less guarantees survival this season and if they had any sense they'll offer him another year with a huge bonus for promotion. Promotion can be done on the cheap as he showed with Cardiff and for all Middlesbrough's problems this year he could rapidly turn it around. 

Never really got what the fuss is about with Johnson. Steady but unspectacular in 3 jobs. Seems to always have Bristol nearly in the top six before dropping out again. Bristol fans aren't happy with him. 

Slavisa Jokanovic is working in Qatar for a club on multi millions contract. 

Hughton seems to be one of favourites for Birmingham City according to the betting one I dont see taking over there. 

Had a play around (guess) at remaining results....

72 points will almost certainly do it, but that means 16 points from 7 matches (never going to happen given 4 of these are top 10 teams) 

We need to win on Tuesday and need to win away in Cardiff. Then I’ll start believing.

Lose on Tuesday and then start that rebuild for next season  

4C6F8840-0390-4EE6-A535-11920BA98545.jpeg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Forest outplayed yet winning by three goals because they take their chances. That's what it takes. "Playing well" is overrated.

And they can defend, keeping plenty of clean sheets. Something we need to improve upon.

• Like 1

I'm most worried about Derby. After last weekend I felt Forest were within reach but now 8 points above us, we aren't overtaking them either. 6th is the limit and with Cardiff and Derby hitting fine form at the right time, along with our tough run I can't see it happening.

• Like 1

Amazing how many managers who have an up and coming/growing reputation in the game risk it all at freshly relegated, nosediving Championship clubs.

Chris Coleman after taking Wales to the European Championship semi finals - Sunderland. Cowley - Huddersfield, O’Neill - Stoke.

As we know it’s bloody hard to turn these tanking clubs around, but a combination of ego and a fat pay packet means they take the jobs time and again.

46 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm most worried about Derby. After last weekend I felt Forest were within reach but now 8 points above us, we aren't overtaking them either. 6th is the limit and with Cardiff and Derby hitting fine form at the right time, along with our tough run I can't see it happening.

Why are you worried at all?

We're not going to be in the playoffs, it just won't happen

• Like 3

1 hour ago, superniko said:

Had a play around (guess) at remaining results....

72 points will almost certainly do it, but that means 16 points from 7 matches (never going to happen given 4 of these are top 10 teams) 

We need to win on Tuesday and need to win away in Cardiff. Then I’ll start believing.

Lose on Tuesday and then start that rebuild for next season  

4C6F8840-0390-4EE6-A535-11920BA98545.jpeg

Can’t see us finishing above Preston. We are bottlers.

It would be rather annoying to see Brentford finish second but it might at least prove a point.

A few of us thought that last Summer needed a new number 2 to at least challenge Raya but most importantly a credible goalkeeping coach. Mowbray’s view seemed to be, if Raya wants to leave then he can leave - better to let unhappy players go than try to keep them against their will. In a way there is some sense in that but it shouldn’t be allowed to get to that stage.

This is the problem with having favourites and getting too close to individuals “as human beings”. It might make you a great bloke but successful football managers need to have sleepless nights and then be ruthless. It’s a tough job and needs hard characters. Keeps players on their toes as they don’t want to cross him.

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Even if we did scrape sixth, I would fancy anyone from 3rd to 6th to beat us over two legs and the same to happen at Wembley. 

If we lost over two legs how the hell could we BE at Wembley to lose again??

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Can’t see us finishing above Preston. We are bottlers.

It would be rather annoying to see Brentford finish second but it might at least prove a point.

A few of us thought that last Summer needed a new number 2 to at least challenge Raya but most importantly a credible goalkeeping coach. Mowbray’s view seemed to be, if Raya wants to leave then he can leave - better to let unhappy players go than try to keep them against their will. In a way there is some sense in that but it shouldn’t be allowed to get to that stage.

This is the problem with having favourites and getting too close to individuals “as human beings”. It might make you a great bloke but successful football managers need to have sleepless nights and then be ruthless. It’s a tough job and needs hard characters. Keeps players on their toes as they don’t want to cross him.

I can see Rovers finishing above Preston , they are bottlers too....

The only thing Preston have over us , is a better manager , who can organise a team...

The squad is poorer than ours ..

• Like 1

On 27/06/2020 at 14:40, MarkBRFC said:

Derby could be the one to watch in the last 7 games or so.

Without a doubt. Amassed more points than any other team since January, Rooney getting fitter and more influential by the game and the boy Sibley an absolute monster talent. They're going to take some stopping from here on in.