BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Why are you worried at all?

We're not going to be in the playoffs, it just won't happen

I agree, but IF we were to push for the top 6 over the next 7 games I think Derby would be the ones to fear and watch out for, more so than Cardiff, PNE or Swansea. 

Derby have had excellent home form all season but were hampered by dreadful away form. Now they've sorted that out they are on a roll. Always one side comes up on the rails late on. They slaughtered us at their place.

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

I can see Rovers finishing above Preston , they are bottlers too....

The only thing Preston have over us , is a better manager , who can organise a team...

The squad is poorer than ours ..

I am not sure it is, I dont think there is much difference but I am not sure you could accurately say their squad is poorer.

Both have below average goalkeepers. Davies and Bauer v Adarabioyo and Lenihan, certainly very little in that, although theres is permanent. Much of a muchness between the full backs, between Nyambe, Bell, Fisher and Hughes I would say we have the best of the 4 and the worst of the 4.

Central midfield, very close. Pearson I would say slightly ahead of Travis, Gallagher and Downing again similar. Dack and Holtby v Johnson and Browne, again possibly a matter of opinion. Wide areas they are stronger, Sinclair and Barkhuizen much better than anything we can muster there, whereas we have an extra goalscorer in Armstrong.

Possibly on par with each other at a push.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I am not sure it is, I dont think there is much difference but I am not sure you could accurately say their squad is poorer.

Both have below average goalkeepers. Davies and Bauer v Adarabioyo and Lenihan, certainly very little in that, although theres is permanent. Much of a muchness between the full backs, between Nyambe, Bell, Fisher and Hughes I would say we have the best of the 4 and the worst of the 4.

Central midfield, very close. Pearson I would say slightly ahead of Travis, Gallagher and Downing again similar. Dack and Holtby v Johnson and Browne, again possibly a matter of opinion. Wide areas they are stronger, Sinclair and Barkhuizen much better than anything we can muster there, whereas we have an extra goalscorer in Armstrong.

Possibly on par with each other at a push.

after watching Preston on Saturday, they look so poor and I would say worst than us. 

They just signed their below average keeper Rudd as you called him to a new long term keeper. 

You mention Armstrong who turned down Preston to signed for us. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

after watching Preston on Saturday, they look so poor and I would say worst than us. 

They just signed their below average keeper Rudd as you called him to a new long term keeper. 

You mention Armstrong who turned down Preston to signed for us. 

If you are going on performances from yesterday we wouldnt come up any better!

Rudd has actually improved this season but still a further example of the poor standard of goalkeeping at this level.

On 28/06/2020 at 18:27, Waggy76 said:

I can see Rovers finishing above Preston , they are bottlers too....

The only thing Preston have over us , is a better manager , who can organise a team...

The squad is poorer than ours ..

Managers tend to be the difference in this division though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Shocking news about Wigan. Do they face a points deduction now? 

think its next season rule changed after i think it was leeds went into admin after they were relegated a few seasons ago

(a) during the Normal Playing Season but prior to 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, the points deduction shall apply immediately;

Edited by had.e.nuff

Shouldn't be a surprise in the circumstances but still a shock to see a Championship club suddenly go like that.

The interesting thing will be the points deduction. I understand that the rules are clear on a mandatory 12 point deduction for administration irrespective of circumstances. So whilst Covid 19 may be to blame the rules do not provide for any exemptions.

They changed it so that if it happened after the end of March it was delayed to next season, but given the delay to the season will that still be enforced as if the season had continued and Wigan had 6 games left we would still be in March....

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
11 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

Thanks to Whelan's shamelessly hypocritical support of FUP they will probably find it harder to find a buyer. 

Guess what goes around comes around.

Whelan doesn’t own them any more and hasn’t for a while. I doubt his FFP stance would deter any buyers, unless you had a few quid lying behind your sofa....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Whelan doesn’t own them any more and hasn’t for a while. I doubt his FFP stance would deter any buyers, unless you had a few quid lying behind your sofa....

Where did I say he owned them? I'm quite aware of that though wasn't aware they had another takeover just weeks ago! More brilliant EFL work. Perhaps if they spent less time bullying genuinely rich owners at crooked UEFA's behest takeovers like this and Charlton wouldn't happen. 

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Shouldn't be a surprise in the circumstances but still a shock to see a Championship club suddenly go like that.

The interesting thing will be the points deduction. I understand that the rules are clear on a mandatory 12 point deduction for administration irrespective of circumstances. So whilst Covid 19 may be to blame the rules do not provide for any exemptions.

They changed it so that if it happened after the end of March it was delayed to next season, but given the delay to the season will that still be enforced as if the season had continued and Wigan had 6 games left we would still be in March....

Should be enforced I would think.