BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

1 hour ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Cardiff away to Fulham Friday night and Derby at home to Brentford early Saturday. If both those results go our way and we pull a rabbit out of the hat against West Brom on Saturday... surely not!!??

Swansea sniffing about as well though!

Ha ha 

Imagine we got ourselves in a position where a win against Luton could potentially get us 6th. 

We lose then. It would be absolutely textbook this team! 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Very impressive win for Boro this afternoon. They were brilliantly organised and had a threat on the counter attack. 

Their goalkeeper was very impressive, perhaps goes back to what we was discussing about having other primary objectives, fancy football and bringing in youngsters etc. Woodgate stuck with Pears a little too long perhaps despite them having a competent 1m goalkeeper in reserve. You play the team that gets you results.

Doesnt really affect us as our miniscule play off hopes would need 4 wins to even have a chance so we would finish above Millwall if we got that anyway because we are playing them.

Putting 2 and 2 together but with our hole at left back I wouldnt be overly surprised to see Mowbray move for George Friend on a free. Hope not as hes close to his 33rd birthday and has received plenty of criticism for his poor performances but a Boro boy on a free may prove too difficult to resist.

Yes it was Gibson who wanted more youngsters coming through to the 1st team then he could cut the budget and not renew certain contracts of players. It didn't long before Gibson change his mind quickly. He appointed Woodgate last summer. I wonder what he will do when the season is over regarding the manager situation. 

I hope we dont sign Friend as I feel we need a more attacking mind left full back then him 

Let’s be honest. We need to win all 4 games to have a chance, potentially 1 draw and 3 wins but that would rely on a lot of results going our way. 
It’s over, let’s just hope we can sort ourselves out in the short off season. 

We just can't stay above Preston. It's like a curse, as soon as we get near they rebound with the necessary result to get back above again.

I hope that our win v Cardiff and Derby's defeat along with tonight's turnaround isn't the catalyst for PNE to mount a late push. They looked down and out but now find themselves in with a chance although a tricky one v Forest coming up.

With us waving the white flag on the play offs it would be the worst outcome imaginable if they managed to sneak back in with a late rally. 

Looking forward now to this points deduction for Sheffield Wednesday. With them and Wigan both getting significant deductions it could be a scramble to the bottom and the likes of Hull, Boro and Stoke could survive on a technicality. Even Birmingham would be still in danger were it not for the Wigan deduction.

Race for 6th spot is so unpredictable - so many unexpected results.

You can get 25/1 on Rovers for top 6 finish - worth having a punt for the 'he can do no wrong brigade' (get your wallet open Chaddy).

IMO, more than a bridge too far for Rovers and I expect WBA to bring us crashing down to earth - we've conceded 9 goals in our last 4 games whilst WBA have netted 9 goals in their last 3 games.  Lumped on WBA at 5/6. 

We need to win the next 4 games and for

Cardiff to do no better than w2 d1 l1

Swansea to do no better than w2 d2 l0

Preston and Derby to do no better than w3 d1 l0

and

Gain 2 goals difference on Cardiff and Derby and hope Preston and Swansea don't smash anybody in the course of getting their wins.

Putting it simply, we have to win our 4 and get lucky.

11 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I quite like this intense football every day malarky.

Season could be Aug-Nov and Feb-May.

3 games per week is much more fun...

Thoughts ?

Not for me.

I enjoy the Christmas period too much.

Plus, from a personal point off view I would miss loads of matches if it was 3 a week, every week.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Birmingham sacked Clolet. 

Not a surprise. Strange appointment, strange to keep him on after announcing his arrival.

Bristol City seemingly about to appoint Hughton. Would be a terrific appointment and put them right up near the contenders next season I suspect.

15 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I quite like this intense football every day malarky.

Season could be Aug-Nov and Feb-May.

3 games per week is much more fun...

Thoughts ?

Condensed expense when going to away games, more time off work required.

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not a surprise. Strange appointment, strange to keep him on after announcing his arrival.

Bristol City seemingly about to appoint Hughton. Would be a terrific appointment and put them right up near the contenders next season I suspect.

Bristol City have conducted no interviews so far for their head coach role as their CEO told their local paper yesterday. They will be interviewing a number of candidates. 

on Clolet. From what I have read, their CEO has office at the training ground and like to be involved. Who they will appoint for the last 4 games I don't know. But it was someone who is desperate to work.  

Whatever happened to getting the best man to get the best results? Fancy football, bring through the kids, head coaches, CEO's getting involved in the playing situation, just get the best manager in and get the best results, so many keen to overcomplicate.

If that is how Birmingham is run, then they will be going nowhere upwards anytime soon. Nor if they appoint someone like Robbie Fowler.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Whatever happened to getting the best man to get the best results? Fancy football, bring through the kids, head coaches, CEO's getting involved in the playing situation, just get the best manager in and get the best results, so many keen to overcomplicate.

If that is how Birmingham is run, then they will be going nowhere upwards anytime soon. Nor if they appoint someone like Robbie Fowler.

Look at their managers/head coaches they have had during their time of owning of the club they sacked Rowett very quickly after buying the club cos they wanted this European style of football. (what ever that is)

They have appointed Zola, Redknapp, Cotterill, Monk, Clolet

Different owners have different ideas and thoughts processes. 

Where they go next? god knows.

Birmingham owners are in the football manager mindset. Not happy with what they had in Rowett pushing for the top 6, tried to be clever and have got nowhere.

Exactly what I spend my time warning against here. Keep it simple and focus on results. 

• Like 1