BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

4 minutes ago, Russ said:

She'd have coped for a few years if the price was right!

Anyway, I've cursed him there - subbed off as soon as I sang his praises ?

The games won with the best side available, then you save your key players. How I wish we had complex tactics like that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Cardiff lose.

Is the dream still alive ?

I think the four wins will probably be enough now that Cardiff have lost. 

Mammoth task which at the minute seems beyond us, but if should be get the better of West Brom today then I'll probably start believing again!

17 hours ago, Mercer said:

Only lost what I'd won in the previous matches!

If that's "crashing and burning"............................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think "crashing and burning" is when you spunk £20million+ (including wages) up the wall on two strikers who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Fully expect WBA to win tomorrow with the winnings big enough to buy 2 nice quality reds for dinner tomorrow night.

Yes, lost what you had won, therefore crashing and burning. 

Yes ,of course WBA are overwhelming favourites. Tipping them hardly makes you Mystic Meg. Now let's hope you are wrong, which we have all seen with great hillarity on many occasions! 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Didn't Reed's missus not like it up North? 

Not this again.

She's going out with a professional footballer. Moving around the country between clubs is part of the lifestyle. If he's not prepared to do that then his career isn't going to go very far.

We are a few hours drive away, with Manchester and Cheshire on the doorstep, not Eastern Ukraine or Siberia.

The reason we didn't get him back was because we tried doing it on the cheap.again, waiting until the 11th hour hoping Southampton would agree to send him here on loan with heavily subsidised wages just so he could have regular football.

Then we were priced out by Fulham, which probably didn't take much doing.

If we had been serious about bringing him back we would have sent the Gallagher cheque to Southampton but for Reed instead. They would have accepted it and then Reed would have had a decision to make. Float around various loans for the next few years or put down some roots and play every week.

You reckon if Everton or City had offered him a deal he would have turned it down because his girlfriend didn't fancy living in those areas?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes, lost what you had won, therefore crashing and burning. 

Yes ,of course WBA are overwhelming favourites. Tipping them hardly makes you Mystic Meg. Now let's hope you are wrong, which we have all seen with great hillarity on many occasions! 

Might be better if you refrain from this MB until you learn to spell - there are some good online courses available these days!

Sadly, for Rovers, I haven't been wrong about Brereton and Gallagher who I said, IMO, were two donkeys almost from the day we signed them. 

Also, I've always maintained that, IMO, Mowbray is not a good manager and was the wrong choice for us and would not get us anywhere near the PL.  I still think that will prove to be the case.

HILARIOUS isn't it!

Edited by Mercer

• Backroom

Talk about big games how’s this for a big couple of fixtures

Wigan host Hull on Tuesday, with 3 games to go Wigan are 9 points ahead of Hull who occupy the last relegation spot, however if they end the season less than 12 points above the drop zone they get a 12 point deduction.

A Wigan win and they’d be odds on to stay up, a hull win and it would take them to lose both and Wigan to win both their remaining games to overtake them.

A draw and I still fancy Wigan to get out of it.

Wigan then play Charlton next who are a point above Hull whilst Hull play Luton who are just below them!

• Like 6

The fact you can make a convincing case for so many teams going down makes it a very exciting league. The Wigan deduction means that even with their great form they still need to perform exceptionally well to avoid the drop. 

Is Charlton's best players refusing to play beginning to catch up with them? Is Hulls lack of replacements for talent sold going to hurt them? Are Stoke a complete basket case of a club? Are Luton and Barnsley just too small? It's compelling stuff down there. 

At the other end if we don't get playoffs then any team other than Derby and their loathsome ethics in what is a swamp of morals and I'd be happy. That a club can make me disgusted even within the sewer that is football is quite impressive in a perverse way. Thing is there are a ton of teams chasing the playoffs all with a decent about. It's interesting stuff. 

Then there's the top. Brentford, West Brom and Leeds are excellent teams but only 2 are going up automatically. One is going to have to settle for the playoff lottery. Perhaps Fulham should be included in that number but I feel they are handicapped by their manager. 

So at both ends of the table there is a hell of a lot to play for and a heck of a lot of uncertainty. Tbh I think it once again proves the championship is the most exciting league out there. 

• Like 5

Personally I think 69 will do it with a strong goal difference (so long as Leeds get a result vs Swansea today). If Swans win today then we are out of it.

Beat Millwall and Reading and we will go into the Luton game with a chance regardless. 

For Bristol C, PNE and Derby to get to 70 points they need to win all 3 of their matches.

(Derby play Cardiff and Leeds, PNE play Brentford and Bristol C and Bristol C play PNE and Swans)

We’re guaranteed to finish above Millwall if we win all 3. 

So it’s Swansea and Cardiff realistically who could get to 70 and beat us if we win all 3 matches
For Cardiff they need to win 2 of 3, their run in is fairly easy. 
Swans need to win 2 and draw 1 from 4 (including Leeds, Forest and Bristol C)

Edited by superniko

2013 was the last time a side finished 6th on less than 70 points, it was Leicester with 68.

Could be even lower than that this year with the way things are going.

It really was there for the taking this season, and one we'll look back on in a few years as a huge missed opportunity.

• Like 2

Yeh, we could've been 6th if we were good enough, but we're just evidently not.

Getting into the play-offs would give us 2 more games that we'd be highly likely to lose.

If we made it to the prem we'd surely get absolutely mullered for 38 games. We're just nowhere near that level at the moment.

But far better to be here than where Wigan or Bolton are. Let's hope we can improve next year.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The1mattjansen said:

Yeh, we could've been 6th if we were good enough, but we're just evidently not.

Getting into the play-offs would give us 2 more games that we'd be highly likely to lose.

If we made it to the prem we'd surely get absolutely mullered for 38 games. We're just nowhere near that level at the moment.

But far better to be here than where Wigan or Bolton are. Let's hope we can improve next year.

Norwich seem to have no problem with a season in the PL. We will be playing them soon enough.

BBC:

Farke insisted the Canaries went about the season in the right way. "From the first day after promotion our chances to survive were perhaps 5% so in 19 out of 20 cases you will go down," he added. "If you have luck and no injuries then you have a chance. When we are 100% we are competitive but when it's 96 or 97% then it sometimes looks like men against boys." "The club is able to pay for all the sins of the past. We are able to invest in our infrastructure for the long term. I was fully aware and committed for doing things this way." "Of course we're disappointed but it was the right decision for this club and I always was happy to stick to this plan."

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Norwich seem to have no problem with a season in the PL. We will be playing them soon enough.

BBC:

Farke insisted the Canaries went about the season in the right way. "From the first day after promotion our chances to survive were perhaps 5% so in 19 out of 20 cases you will go down," he added. "If you have luck and no injuries then you have a chance. When we are 100% we are competitive but when it's 96 or 97% then it sometimes looks like men against boys." "The club is able to pay for all the sins of the past. We are able to invest in our infrastructure for the long term. I was fully aware and committed for doing things this way." "Of course we're disappointed but it was the right decision for this club and I always was happy to stick to this plan."

For sure. And nobody is going to turn down the chance if it's presented. It's a net gain even if you come back down with zero points.

But to talk about it as though we're realistically anywhere near that level is a bit pie in the sky.