BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Preston North End 26-0 v Hyde FC  in October 15, 1887 is the biggest league defeat I can find.

Wigan a long way to go yet

Where were you sat? ?

As a kid Arbroath 36 Bon Accord 0 was a nerdy stat I used to remember as the highest score in a professional fixture 

20 minutes ago, philipl said:

Wonder if they will reach a rugby score against Hull?

I put BBC sport on and saw it was Wigan 7 Hull 0 at half time and I genuinely thought I'd missed the Rugby season restarting until I read it properly. 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Where were you sat? ?

As a kid Arbroath 36 Bon Accord 0 was a nerdy stat I used to remember as the highest score in a professional fixture 

I was standing. No one sat down at football in those days

Hull holding out so far in 2nd half

15 minutes ago, benhben said:

Thats the worst first half (or best depending your view) from a side ive ever seen. 7-0 at half time! 

Have wigan won every game since lockdown? certainly a team to avoid atm

They've only won 1 of their last 3.

• Backroom

I wouldn't normally root for Wigan but considering how they've been stitched up by their owners and the EFL I'm hoping they do stay up. Hull certainly don't deserve a place in the division next season - they have been absolutely pathetic during the second half of the season after selling off their best players during the January window. 

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

I wouldn't normally root for Wigan but considering how they've been stitched up by their owners and the EFL I'm hoping they do stay up. Hull certainly don't deserve a place in the division next season - they have been absolutely pathetic during the second half of the season after selling off their best players during the January window. 

If Wigan do stay up, they will start next season on -12, good for us.

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

Not if they stay up by 12points

The points are taken at the end of this season. The only way they would have been taken next season was if they finished in the bottom 3 on merit which can't happen now.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The points are taken at the end of this season. The only way they would have been taken next season was if they finished in the bottom 3 on merit which can't happen now.

So if they finish 12 points clear they basically have no punishment ?

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

A 12 point deduction is the standard penalty for going into administration.

I would have thought automatic relegation should be the punishment, as they have broken a rule, and the 3rd off bottom haven’t.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

how do you have half a goal?

It's so that a bet covers scores definitively. So 'over 7.5 goals' means 8 goals or more would win, but 7 goals or less wouldn't.