BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Great stuff from Wigan.

Hope they pull off the 'great escape'.

Paul Cook is a decent manager with a good track record wherever he's been (more than you can say for some I could mention...................).

I can’t believe even you would post this.

Cook is a disgrace of a manager.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DE. said:

I wouldn't normally root for Wigan but considering how they've been stitched up by their owners and the EFL I'm hoping they do stay up. Hull certainly don't deserve a place in the division next season - they have been absolutely pathetic during the second half of the season after selling off their best players during the January window. 

Think this sums up my view too. They are where they are because the football league is grossly negligent with fit and proper owners. If it weren't for them and someone with unsavoury motives they wouldn't be in this situation. 

Hull seem in real trouble, but then so do three or four other teams. It could be close and -8 to the goal difference cannot help at all. 

45 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Yep - the bookies!

I take a lot more money off them than they take from me ?

Good to know that you bet on things other than football. 

Edit as an aside it's nice to see the loathsome Derby's playoff bid failing. Glad it looks like they are coming unstuck. Doesn't matter how much money they throw at it or what dodgy deals they do, or even how much talent is in the squad, they just can't get the job done. 

Edited by Blue blood

• Backroom
Just now, Blue blood said:

Hull seem in real trouble, but then so do three or four other teams. It could be close and -8 to the goal difference cannot help at all. 

I think Hull are stuffed, and will likely finish 23rd or even bottom. It's looking like a fight between Barnsley, Luton, Charlton and Huddersfield at this point. Birmingham in shocking form as well at the moment but probably just about have enough to limp over the line. 

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

I think Hull are stuffed, and will likely finish 23rd or even bottom. It's looking like a fight between Barnsley, Luton, Charlton and Huddersfield at this point. Birmingham in shocking form as well at the moment but probably just about have enough to limp over the line. 

You do wonder psychologically what an 8-0 mauling will do to them as well as the other effects. 

On the flip side at this rate Wigan will finish above us pre deduction. Thats pretty poor.

• Backroom
Just now, Blue blood said:

You do wonder psychologically what an 8-0 mauling will do to them as well as the other effects. 

On the flip side at this rate Wigan will finish above us pre deduction. Thats pretty poor.

On one hand you have to (very begrudgingly) say well done to Paul Cook as they looked destined for the drop a few months ago - he's done well to reverse that. On the other hand it shows how incredibly average the division is this season and how finishing mid-table in it is not really progress,

Just now, DE. said:

On one hand you have to (very begrudgingly) say well done to Paul Cook as they looked destined for the drop a few months ago - he's done well to reverse that. On the other hand it shows how incredibly average the division is this season and how finishing mid-table in it is not really progress,

They were rock bottom at xmas Wigan. How embarrassing they could now finish above us. That should say it all.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's not marrying your daughter, I'd have him instead of Mowbray tomorrow.

Me too, let's not forget how he beat Mowbray to the League 1 title, because winning it mattered to him, but evidently not to Mowbray.

Just think what he could've done with £12m.

Edited by West Yorks Rover

7 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

They were rock bottom at xmas Wigan. How embarrassing they could now finish above us. That should say it all.

Agreed. Especially since we had a better team in league 1, and generally have a better team and have spent way more than them. To be on level pegging pretty much despite all that is a very poor do. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Worth noting as well, we are closer to the relegation places (15 points) than we are to the automatic promotion places (20 points) 

A real season of missed opportunity. 

When you consider that we are on 60 points again, you see that the "progress" and "improvement" is more about perception and more th

Last year, we started quite well, then had a spike around new year but had a terrible run (in which the points accumulation wouldnt have been much lower if at all than our current run) and a nice run near the end which window dressed the season somewhat.

This year, we started awfully, then went on a good mid season run. Because of other teams results, we have appeared closer than we actually have been considering in the last 11 games, we have collected 10 points, yet people have always had this outside "if we win every game" chance that was never realistic.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

When you consider that we are on 60 points again, you see that the "progress" and "improvement" is more about perception and more th

Last year, we started quite well, then had a spike around new year but had a terrible run (in which the points accumulation wouldnt have been much lower if at all than our current run) and a nice run near the end which window dressed the season somewhat.

This year, we started awfully, then went on a good mid season run. Because of other teams results, we have appeared closer than we actually have been considering in the last 11 games, we have collected 10 points, yet people have always had this outside "if we win every game" chance that was never realistic.

10 points from the last 11 games? 

Shocking 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

10 points from the last 11 games? 

Shocking 

Yeah if I've worked it out, starting at the Brentford game. I remember ahead of that game seeing numerous people saying it wasnt must win, which obviously it wasnt, but almost accepting defeat before it happened. People were very welcoming of a draw when we was 2 up which I found very defeatist but it wasnt terminal.

0.9 points per game over the 10 games following probably wasnt what people had in mind though! Not good enough, relegation form.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

0.9 points per game over the 10 games following probably wasnt what people had in mind though! Not good enough, relegation form.

Indeed.

Just to add to the misery of some of your stats...... 2 wins in 11 matches, conceded first goal in the last 8 games straight........and how many goals have our 12 million strikeforce duo scored in the last 11 matches?!

Once, one solitary goal from Gallagher against Swansea. 

So...our defence is failing.... our attack doesn't score goals....and we don't win football matches.

But apart from that, we're smashing it.

And people are wondering why many of us are questioning the manager.

I'd be surprised if any club with those performances didn't have their manager under the spotlight. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Silas said:

Indeed.

Just to add to the misery of some of your stats...... 2 wins in 11 matches, conceded first goal in the last 8 games straight........and how many goals have our 12 million strikeforce duo scored in the last 11 matches?!

Once, one solitary goal from Gallagher against Swansea. 

So...our defence is failing.... our attack doesn't score goals....and we don't win football matches.

But apart from that, we're smashing it.

And people are wondering why many of us are questioning the manager.

I'd be surprised if any club with those performances didn't have their manager under the spotlight. 

Your time is now Suhail

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

He has no authority to do anything. This decision on Mowbray's future will be decide by 2 people in India. 

Suhail is their eyes and ears.

He can't fail to have seen how poorly we are performing in the main and how we are as far away from the PL as ever. 

I feel sure he will also have picked up the growing discontent about Mowbray.

IMO, he will make the bullets for the Raos to fire.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Suhail is their eyes and ears.

He can't fail to have seen how poorly we are performing in the main and how we are as far away from the PL as ever. 

I feel sure he will also have picked up the growing discontent about Mowbray.

IMO, he will make the bullets for the Raos to fire.

He probably not even in the country with this Covid 19 crisis. 

What discontent Mercer? no one is in the stadium. They has never been any discontent in the stadium. Barnsley at home was close. 

We dont know what the owners thinking or feelings are. Predicting them is pointless as you have shown with your comments never been right in 7 years