BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Suhail is their eyes and ears.

He can't fail to have seen how poorly we are performing in the main and how we are as far away from the PL as ever. 

I feel sure he will also have picked up the growing discontent about Mowbray.

IMO, he will make the bullets for the Raos to fire.

As much as I’d like that to be true, I don’t honestly think they care that much.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He probably not even in the country with this Covid 19 crisis. 

What discontent Mercer? no one is in the stadium. They has never been any discontent in the stadium. Barnsley at home was close. 

We dont know what the owners thinking or feelings are. Predicting them is pointless as you have shown with your comments never been right in 7 years

Well it's over four months since we had fans in the stadium!

Do you not think this MB gives you a taster and is it not representative of the wider Rovers' fan base?

In my circle of Rovers' contacts (friends, colleagues, clients etc), I'd say 80+% would be glad to see the back of Mowbray which is not dissimilar to where the poll on this MB stands.

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Suhail is their eyes and ears.

He can't fail to have seen how poorly we are performing in the main and how we are as far away from the PL as ever. 

I feel sure he will also have picked up the growing discontent about Mowbray.

IMO, he will make the bullets for the Raos to fire.

Hasn't he been back in India for the past four months - he left before lockdown - and last I heard I think he's still there.     

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Well it's over four months since we had fans in the stadium!

Do you not think this MB gives you a taster and is it not representative of the wider Rovers' fan base?

In my circle of Rovers' contacts (friends, colleagues, clients etc), I'd say 80+% would be glad to see the back of Mowbray which is not dissimilar to where the poll on this MB stands.

Unless you asked every single fan you wont know. Do you have all their phone numbers? 

We have this last season when a poll was done on here that a majority wanted him gone. Whereas on a Rovers fan twitter account did a poll which show a vast majority wanted him to stay if my memory serves me right.

The majority of my family and friends want him to stay as manager. Different fans have different views. 

1 minute ago, Scotland1 said:

By how exactly? your moronic if you don’t think they’re on the blower to suhail for his running of the club. He will recommend firing like bowyer if asked his opinion etc

Is he in the country currently? 

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Yet yesterday you were claiming to speak for Norwich fans, although you never did tell us where you found out their opinions from.

One of my best friend is Norwich fan. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

He also refuses to give constructive points as to why he believes that Mowbray will stay. Mainly choosing to cryptically reference and refuse to reiterate posts he supposedly made weeks ago which are both out of date and would be impossible to find.

Wrong again. I posted to Mercer why Mowbray should stay 2 weeks ago. Why keep asking the same questions day after day when they were answered hoping for different answer and just accept why I don't want him sack

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

One of my best friend is Norwich fan. 

Wrong again. I posted to Mercer why Mowbray should stay 2 weeks ago. Why keep asking the same questions day after day when they were answered hoping for different answer and just accept why I don't want him sack

But no one knows these reasons chaddy. And those reasons were before 4 or 5 further games. 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Unless you asked every single fan you wont know. Do you have all their phone numbers? 

We have this last season when a poll was done on here that a majority wanted him gone. Whereas on a Rovers fan twitter account did a poll which show a vast majority wanted him to stay if my memory serves me right.

The majority of my family and friends want him to stay as manager. Different fans have different views. 

That's nonsense!!!

Professor John Curtice's exit poll at 2019 GE - based on 160,000 (0.5%) out of 32,000,000 was uncannily accurate.

The poll on this MB of some 200 is about 1.6% of Rovers' average gate and, within the usual margins of error, is likely to be very representative (and the sample size is 3 times bigger <1.6% v 0.5%> than the GE poll) of the Rovers' fan base.

• Like 1

But no one knows these reasons chaddy. And those reasons were before 4 or 5 further games. 

Yet again if you actually read my reply to Mercer 2 weeks ago. I will have find it for you since you wont look yourself  

I already said today my opinion hasnt change from then to now. Did you miss that bit? 

Just now, Mercer said:

That's nonsense!!!

So you dont have all these Rovers fans phone number then? 

Mercer I ain't interested. I've told you my reasons why Mowbray should stay. So you can either accept it or move on. 

I've told of different fans polls that show different results 

• Moderation Lead

You see, I don’t think this forum is representative as the fans as a whole. 
You only need to look at the Facebook groups, the official pages on social media and the LT comments section to see that.

Many won’t accept any criticism of Mowbray, which is frustrating.
Many are over critical and many under critical. 

Controversial, but I think that league one season did Mowbray the word of good and some dismiss any criticism of Mowbray as over the top and ‘it’s all Mowbray’s fault’. 
No room for discussion, people are that entrenched in their views. For balance, that cuts the same, the other way.
Maybe it’s just representative of modern society....

Just now, K-Hod said:

You only need to look at the Facebook groups, the official pages on social media and the LT comments section to see that.

Controversial, but I think that league one season did Mowbray the word of good and some dismiss any criticism of Mowbray as over the top and ‘it’s all Mowbray’s fault’. 
No room for discussion, people are that entrenched in their views. For balance, that cuts the same, the other way.

I have seen plenty of people with credible reasons to remove the manager. Points tallies year on year, poor recruitment, tactical issues, players out of position etc.

Those wanting the manager to stay seem desperate to avoid making constructive reasons as to why, preferring instead to maybe focus on the manner of some of those more critical or by creating hypothetical disastrous scenarios.

• Moderation Lead

I have seen plenty of people with credible reasons to remove the manager. Points tallies year on year, poor recruitment, tactical issues, players out of position etc.

Those wanting the manager to stay seem desperate to avoid making constructive reasons as to why, preferring instead to maybe focus on the manner of some of those more critical or by creating hypothetical disastrous scenarios.

Trust me, I’m more like one of those in bold, but I don’t think that’s as widely shared of a view by the fan base as a whole as it is on here....

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’d have sacked him when he relegated us with less points and a game in hand than Nigel coughs burton achieved tbh 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

When we talk about "the fans" we have to remember that every empty seat at Ewood represents a Rovers fan.

With that fact in mind, the delusional fans you refer to are in fact (in the words of a snake) only 1%.

The wider fanbase who mostly either don't use SM platforms or stopped being arsed enough to comment / argue, certainly think he should go.

Being a gobby nobody on Facebook doesn't define a Rovers fan from a none Rovers fan.

The stadium is 2/3 empty plus of the 8000 ST holders, a good few want him gone. So I would say 1% are happy with him and that means those 1% are actually part of the problem.

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

The thing is, you ask those people to give a reason why Mowbray makes a good Championship manager and they’ve got nothing.

I’d be happy to debate his positives for a club that needs promotion to survive long term.

Anyone got any?

Hull v Luton this week. Both sides need a win and if they fail then both will probably go down. Luton have ideal fixtures with us, Hull and QPR last 3. All 3 will be on the beach. Birmingham now safe with that late point. Probable relegation contenders next season unless they appoint a good manager.

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

That's nonsense!!!

Professor John Curtice's exit poll at 2019 GE - based on 160,000 (0.5%) out of 32,000,000 was uncannily accurate.

The poll on this MB of some 200 is about 1.6% of Rovers' average gate and, within the usual margins of error, is likely to be very representative (and the sample size is 3 times bigger <1.6% v 0.5%> than the GE poll) of the Rovers' fan base.

Without wishing to get into the Mowbray debate that’s rubbish Mercer. Curtis’ exit poll will be carefully balanced to be a reflection of the voting public as a whole. With the best will in the world any poll on here is a self selecting poll of those who are members and come on here regularly enough to see a poll. As others have said there are other Rovers groups who similarly self select and come up with a different answer, one that equally does not represent the views of all Rovers fans.

• Like 1