BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pay abit more? They are paying 6 million pounds a season. hardly a bit more is it? How much is Mowbray on? 

Also Leeds pay big wages on players. 

I don't know how much Bielsa is on.

If Rovers stopped, IMO, spunking money up the wall on cr@p signings like Brereton and Gallagher and swept all the deadwood away, a fraction of that money would allow us to appoint a quality manager.

Posted a few days ago, the three key positions at a club are CEO, Football Manager and Chief Scout.  Sadly, for us, I think we employ three muppets and that is why we are where we are.

23 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I don't know how much Bielsa is on.

If Rovers stopped, IMO, spunking money up the wall on cr@p signings like Brereton and Gallagher and swept all the deadwood away, a fraction of that money would allow us to appoint a quality manager.

Posted a few days ago, the three key positions at a club are CEO, Football Manager and Chief Scout.  Sadly, for us, I think we employ three muppets and that is why we are where we are.

Shallow analysis. Virtually everyone employed in those three roles over the past ten years has been a muppet, some much more so than the current incumbents. We are where we are because a) our owners seemingly have no desire to employ anyone who isn’t a muppet, and b) everyone in the game knows it.

I’ve lived in Leeds for the last 10 years and I’m not sure what to think about the promotion, it was enjoyable watching their failings year after year (losing to Donny in a L1 playoff final!).

But I actually think I’m happy for them. They’ve been through multiple points deductions, managers like Hockaday, Evans and Heckingbottom, lost in the playoffs 4 times, had some horror owners and 1 administration. 
We’ve been through sone crap over the last 10 years so as a fan I can only say I’m happy for them considering that 16 year period they’ve been through. 

The Bielsa discussion has been had a lot over the last 2 weeks, but to put it simply this is all on him. He had a vision and has turned it around for them completely. 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, philipl said:

Wigan still pretty safe despite 12 point deduction and 96th minute Charlton equaliser.

Going to be a wild Wednesday night.

Brentford only needed a draw to have it in their own hands- now Baggies are back in the driving seat.

I wouldn’t class Wigan as pretty safe, best case scenario for them is Luton and Hull see out a draw today then they all end the day on effectively the same points with Wigan safe on goal difference going into the last game 

Then Wigan play Fulham who now have a chance of top 2, Hull have a tricky game at Cardiff and Luton host Rovers 

if Wigan were to lose and one other team draw they’d be down, or a draw and a rival win, a win today would have had them safe 

• Backroom
Just now, philipl said:

Wigan goal difference is miles better. So they need to do no worse than the other clubs on Wednesday.

But not if there’s a winner in the Luton and Hull game 

• Backroom
54 minutes ago, philipl said:

Wigan goal difference is miles better. So they need to do no worse than the other clubs on Wednesday.

So now Wigan (pretty safe) are down if they fail to beat Fulham who could still come top two, even if they beat them they’ll be down if Luton beat us 

• Like 1

• Backroom

It's going to be a strange end to the season as far as relegation is concerned.

Hull effectively gone with their GD in mind - Wigan now have to beat Fulham on Wednesday or the -12 point deduction will send them down. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

And just to add to the drama, rumours growing that Sheff Wed are on the verge of a points deduction too, over the ground sale misconduct charge (putting them in the bottom 3...

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/efl-charge-its-disgrace-sheffield-wednesday-still-dont-know-their-fate-2916601

I'd be really surprised if they applied that deduction this season, particularly if Sheff Weds sought to appeal any ruling. 

I wouldn’t have thought they’d apply it this season, typical EFL just to kick the can down the road. Their forums are in meltdown with rumours and conspiracy theories though, as you can imagine! ^_^

Edited by Mattyblue

• Backroom

I can understand their fans being on edge about it, but logically it wouldn't make much sense for them to have points deducted this season. It's not like the Wigan situation where admin = 12 point deduction no matter what. This is a more nuanced case and I would imagine any ruling would be subject to appeal which would surely delay any points deduction being handed out.

It's the EFL though, so who knows. They're a law unto themselves.