BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

12 minutes ago, KS Cracovia said:

European Champions twice in my era. 

You have clubs putting stars above their badges from the 1930s.

Nottingham Forest is a club with recent history. 

Recent history is relevant history. Man City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal.

Leeds and Forest have done nowt for 20, 30, 40 years. Forest haven't even graced the top division this century.

Winning stuff 40 years ago given all the changes in football is obviously  better than nothing but fairly irrelevant in today's world.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Leeds and Forest have done nowt for 20, 30, 40 years. Forest haven't even graced the top division this century.

Winning stuff 40 years ago given all the changes in football is obviously  better than nothing but fairly irrelevant in today's world.

Yes, completely agree, To put this in context, if anyone had told me during those 2 or 3 years when Forest were Champions of England and Europe that Portsmouth, Wolves and Huddersfield were 'traditional clubs with recent history' I would have laughed my cock off, and many of their huge successes were actually much closer to 1980 than we are now.....

Forest fans should be rightly proud of their historical successes, but it is 40 years ago now.

Edited by oldjamfan1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Forest as two times Champions of Europe are in my eyes a big club. Only 2 clubs in this country have won Europe's premier club competition more and only 8 clubs in the whole of Europe have.

Leeds however are only viewed as a big clubs by their own fans. They have spent the majority of their history outside of the top division. They had one decent spell of success from late 60's to mid 70's but before that they had no success and since it they have had one season of success in the early 90's. 

47 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Why will it? Who’s ‘angry/frustrated’ with Leeds bloody United. 

Hilarious delusions of grandeur. You’ve been in the lower leagues for 16 years, just because the media gets all misty eyed with a club that fills their ground when doing well (not exactly difficult being the only club in one of the UK’s biggest cities), but you are just another club.

We all hate Leeds Scum.

Speaking of Forest, I've often wondered if it's right to speak of Clough as a great manager.

I think of him more as half of a great double-act. Clough's record without Taylor was not impressive.

Edited by Amo
  • Like 1

Just now, KS Cracovia said:

There really are only a handful of proper clubs if we are honest...

Liverpool,Scum,Arsenal,Everton,Leeds,Tottenham are Level 1

City,Chelsea,Newcastle,Villa,Forest are Level 2

Big clubs know the score.

How are Leeds a level one club? They've spent over half of their history outside the top flight. They have the same amount of League titles as Blackburn Rovers and the same amount of FA cups as Blackburn Olympic. They only thing big about Leeds is their deluded fan base.

• Like 2

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Amo said:

Speaking of Forest, I've often wondered if it's right to speak of Clough as a great manager.

I think of him more as half of a great double-act. Clough's record without Taylor was not impressive.

I'm inclined to agree (as a Clough obsessive). Neither was as good without the other, but together they were tenfold the sum of their parts.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

How are Leeds a level one club? They've spent over half of their history outside the top flight. They have the same amount of League titles as Blackburn Rovers and the same amount of FA cups as Blackburn Olympic. They only thing big about Leeds is their deluded fan base.

This really made me chuckle. When you put it like this its difficult to argue with it.

2 hours ago, KS Cracovia said:

The league will be lesser without a big club to turn anger/frustration against.

I wouldnt call WBA or Brentford a big club. 

2 hours ago, KS Cracovia said:

At least some teams may get live games a bit more often.

Yep that is a genuine frustration. Am not sure how/why you are proud of this as it isn't on merit of the club. 

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hope Fulham go up tonight. Brentford through playoffs

Whacked a good size bet on Wigan to be beat Fulham at almost 2/1.

Pretty sure Cooky will have Wigan fired up and will be far too feisty for the southern softies.

• Moderation Lead
59 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Once again my posts are being deleted...

Your boy that was winding everyone up has had a long ban though, so it could be worse.....

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Whacked a good size bet on Wigan to be beat Fulham at almost 2/1.

Pretty sure Cooky will have Wigan fired up and will be far too feisty for the southern softies.

Must like losing money you Mercer. 

Fulham could go up. Dont see them not performing. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh I see.

Was he winding folk up though? Thought he was getting put right back in his box, myself...

He got a short ban for something in this thread, but then a much longer one for something he said in a different thread.