BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

He could always some loyalty to Wigan

The club could go bust for all he knows.

You would stay at your company and ‘be loyal’ if there was a chance of it being liquidated and you had an option to join a new firm?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

He could always some loyalty to Wigan

But would new owners show loyalty to Cook ?? New owners new ideas new directions wage cuts ..we ve all seen how new owners come in and like to make a statement and its usually with a new manager ..for better or worse !!

• Like 1

Sounds like Karanka to Birmingham might be happening. Pretty decent appointment for them.

Don't really like the bloke but his record is decent.

Another one we wouldn't even consider here because he's 'too expensive' or 'negative football yet I expect he will have them above us next season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The club could go bust for all he knows.

You would stay at your company and ‘be loyal’ if there was a chance of it being liquidated and you had an option to join a new firm?

Which have also been relegated. I’d be off tomorrow 

Don't like the guy, but Cook has shown more than enough loyalty to Wigan at this stage. The club made a mess of things behind the scenes this season, why should he slog it at League 1 level again? Absolutely nothing to gain from doing so after winning the title there a couple of seasons back. Would only damage his reputation if they failed to go up and who knows what will change there. Have they even gotten proper owners yet? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 5

• Moderation Lead

In football, (and in many respects in anyone else’s professional life) you’re only loyal to yourself, it’s always been like that. 
I think it’s right as well tbh.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, living in Wigan or living in Bristol. How long would you need to think about that for ?

I bet barely if any Wigan players live in Wigan tbh.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Sounds like Karanka to Birmingham might be happening. Pretty decent appointment for them.

Don't really like the bloke but his record is decent.

Another one we wouldn't even consider here because he's 'too expensive' or 'negative football yet I expect he will have them above us next season.

Didn't do much at Forest before being replace by Martin O'Neill in the 18/19 season. 

Will be interesting to see how he gets on with the CEO there. 

Edited by chaddyrovers