BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Raya has improved massively on crosses. You have to question our goalkeeping coach as both Raya and Walton have been hopeless on crosses when on our books and according to Mowbray when his signed that was one of Walton's strengths.

our goalkeeping coach has never caught a cross in his life,so it figures?

Watching Brentford last night was like seeing a premonition of how Tony wants rovers to play. The 433 with wide forwards. Especially later in the second half when they swapped Benrahma and Watkins and Benrahma played as a false 9.

Interestingly, I still don’t really see how Dack fits into that system long term. I think they’re squeezing him out...

• Like 2

I’m sure he does, who wouldn’t? 

Only snag is that we don’t have the players, and his transfer dealings don’t seem to be getting us any closer.

Brentford play like the do because their whole club is geared around it, from a numbers obsessed owner down, through coaching, through data, through recruitment. 

This club is too dysfunctional and haphazard, all at the whim of far away and disinterested owners, with a Chief Exec focused on short term cash flow, where/what is the strategy here?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 9

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m sure he does, who wouldn’t? 

Only snag is that we don’t have the players, and his transfer dealings don’t seem to be getting us any closer.

Brentford play like the do because their whole club is geared around it, from a numbers obsessed owner down, through coaching, through data, through recruitment. 

This club is too dysfunctional and haphazard, all at the whim of far away and disinterested owners, with a Chief Exec focused on short term cash flow, where/what is the strategy here?

I don’t know pal...I just watched a game of football and saw exactly what he is trying to create in all its glory. Iv never seen it play out like that before positionally.

The model we have is very different because we’ve retained and rely on our youth set up as well as the points you made. But now I’ve seen it I can see why they’re so enamoured with it too.

Sell your best player every summer and buy a few unknowns out of your foreign network of scouts and ya-daaa ?

I have to say though, the best investment they made was in Janson and Pinnock along with Raya who’s better than Bentley. Did make me think how important it is that we really strengthen at the back. I have a really strong feeling that we’ll end up with a loaned number 1 (along with a brfcs meltdown).

Lets see!

I want us to play like that, but you can’t look at a team on the pitch and a manager’s wishes in isolation.

This club is not in Brentford’s stratosphere when it comes to strategic thinking and the running of  a joined up football club.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I want us to play like that, but you can’t look at a team on the pitch and a manager’s wishes in isolation.

This club is not in Brentford’s stratosphere when it comes to strategic thinking and the running of  a joined up football club.

I was just making an observation that whilst watching the match last night I finally saw what that formation / set up can be. Iv watched us try to play it to no avail time and time again and have never been able to visualise what it would look like...so it was eye opening to see it in full flow.

I wasn’t judging the clubs ability to achieve it. Just making a passing comment, a light hearted comment.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I was just making an observation that whilst watching the match last night I finally saw what that formation / set up can be. Iv watched us try to play it to no avail time and time again and have never been able to visualise what it would look like...so it was eye opening to see it in full flow.

I wasn’t judging the clubs ability to achieve it. Just making a passing comment, a light hearted comment.

I thought you were? As you talked about the system TM favours a la wide forwards and how Dack doesn’t fit into it, so will be phased out.

That sounds like you do think it’s a serious plan, not a light hearted wistfulness of what ‘can be’, but ok, dream away.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I thought you were? As you talked about the system TM favours a la wide forwards and how Dack doesn’t fit into it, so will be phased out.

That sounds like you do think it’s a serious plan, not a light hearted wistfulness of what ‘can be’, but ok, dream away.

Relax mate. Not everything is a serious debate. I was hoping that someone may have watched it and had the same experience tbh. A realisation of what it is that we could be...but likely never will (because of all the things you mentioned)

I’m always relaxed, but cheers for the advice, I’ll go and find my colouring book.

’I wish we could play like that, aren’t they brilliant’ would have sufficed then, instead of stating that we will be phasing out our talisman as we continue to try and ape their style - a heads up, that may just get a discussion going .

Edited by Mattyblue

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Watching Brentford last night was like seeing a premonition of how Tony wants rovers to play. The 433 with wide forwards. Especially later in the second half when they swapped Benrahma and Watkins and Benrahma played as a false 9.

Interestingly, I still don’t really see how Dack fits into that system long term. I think they’re squeezing him out...

All of Brentford's midfielders first thought is to go forward while we play through Downing who hasn't got that speed of movement any more.

They press with great energy from the front and work unbelievably hard out of possession, we aren't well drilled or fit enough to execute that.

Both full backs give width in the final third with a def mid (Norgaard) who shields their defensive position effectively. Travis could learn that but our full backs are appalling offensively.

And finally, that front 3. Wow, movement, purpose, workrate and no little skill - all picked up for the cost of a Brereton. 

• Like 2