BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, bazza said:

I'm listening to the radio. Was it Raya's fault? Or was it just a brilliant free kick?

The sole reason there was a free kick in the first place is because of a Raya howler, for no reason he was 40 yards from his goal then misplaced a header so his mate had to take one for the team.

Then it’s a clever free kick but Raya left his goal open and didn’t anticipate it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I've no love for Fulham, but I hate the Brentford model so I'm rooting against them.

Raya's a better keeper than Walton, but he always has a mistake in him. Even before that howler he nearly gave up a goal with his shite header when he was 30 yards out of his goal. He also should have given up a penalty in the first semi-final (but the ref took pity on him as he'd sent off Henry).

What is it about the Brentford model you don't like? Surely can't be any worse than whatever system we seem to be employing to attain talent.

I don't think I can take another year of having hope before blowing a 2-0 lead at Brentford to slide back down the table.

• Like 2

Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

He also won the golden glove this year.

Don't think you can blame them not getting promoted on him, they might not even be in the the finals without him.

He's just literally cost them the game.

Big time players make big time plays in big time games (the great Santana Moss). He's dropped an absolute clanger. 

2 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

What is it about the Brentford model you don't like? Surely can't be any worse than whatever system we seem to be employing to attain talent.

I don't think I can take another year of having hope before blowing a 2-0 lead at Brentford to slide back down the table.

The fact that they've ditched their Academy (despite building a new stadium) and have brought in a foreign legion. 

It's bad for the game. 

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

He's just literally cost them the game.

Big time players make big time plays in big time games (the great Santana Moss). He's dropped an absolute clanger. 

He's the best keeper we've had since Robinson, he's one of the best keepers in the championship, and he's 24. 

Find me that for 3 million. 

• Like 7

• Backroom

Going to be tough for Brentford's players to come back from this mentally, you'd think. Threw away automatic promotion when they had it in their grasp, and have now thrown away a playoff final against what is truthfully a painfully average Fulham side (albeit with some top players in it). 

Wouldn't be surprised to see them back with us in mid-table purgatory next season. 

• Like 3

Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

He's the best keeper we've had since Robinson, he's one of the best keepers in the championship, and he's 24. 

Find me that for 3 million. 

Mate, he didn't want to be here.

He's the best of a bad bunch of keepers we've had - but then we're also lauding a player like Travis who wouldn't have got a sniff in our Premier League midfields.

It's a different age - thanks Venkys.

• Like 2

Just now, tomphil said:

So the moneyball player trading system comes up short.  The get in quality, play it in the right areas and build your side around it doesn't.

To be fair for a club like Brentford this method is probably making them more than their sum of their parts, a League 1 club size wise.

• Like 3