BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

On 10/07/2019 at 18:43, S8 & Blue said:

Completely disagree. The man’s a football dinosaur and their embargoed squad is awful.

With a new manager they are an unknown quantity. Could be someone good.

Could just as easily flirt with relegation, as the same (but younger) squad did with Jos.

Another £100 bet on us finishing above them is incoming.

On 10/07/2019 at 18:43, S8 & Blue said:

I would take Bruce over mowbary every time. Bruce has achieved far more than mowbary ever could

Edited by roverandout

On 10/07/2019 at 22:43, S8 & Blue said:

I’d take their keeper, and Barry Bannan could join the collection in CM...

But I’d have Graham over Fletcher, Dack over Forestieri, Rothwell over Reach all day long.

The rest are nobodies.

Honestly, have a good look at their squad!

People have been sleeping on this FFP ticking timebomb big style

Admittedly the dislike is unhealthy!

Which makes what Bruce achieved last season even more remarkable. He turned around a poor squad and got results

On 11/07/2019 at 13:25, Vinjay17 said:

Considering what he's like maybe they have a backup plan which will now be put into effect. They should look abroad or go for Jason Wilcox who is the complete opposite of someone who would leave after 3 months.

As for Newcastle how can you possibly gloss over replacing Rafael Benitez with Bruce? Would they even have the nerve to try? Newcastle fans are generally over supportive of locals but in this case there may be an exception.

Living up this way I have several mates who have season tickets to Newcastle and this year none of them have renewed for the coming season. 

Bruce has resigned as Sheffield Wednesday manager and is expected to be named as Newcastle manager later this week. It's another Newcastle managerial appointment that looks destined to end in tears.

Newcastle will be Bruce's eleventh job in around twenty years and ten of them years were spent at two clubs (Hull and Birmingham). Wednesday are the third club he has resigned from in less than a year.

Zohore scored 9 in his last full championship season and managed one goal in the premier league in 19 appearances. If he can command a fee of £8 million then  Gallagher is a steal at £5 million, especially given the home grown status

Edited by CambridgeRover

Anything shy of £5m for a striker is good business.

It shows how good of a deal we have got for Gallagher and Armstrong. Granted the Brereton deal may be steep for last seasons returns but he's still a teenger and has scored/played more games than Zohore in England. All in all we have 3 good strikers all bought for reasonable sums of money in comparison to the silly deals some clubs are making.

23 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Zohore scored 9 in his last full championship season and managed one goal in the premier league in 19 appearances. If he can command a fee of £8 million then  Gallagher is a steal at £5 million, especially given the home grown status

I have said many times a player is only worth what somebody will pay for him. If we were prepared to pay the alleged £5m and think it represents value that's fine but to compare that to what Zohore went for isn't comparing like for like to me.

• Like 1