BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

38 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Joking aside, will be interesting who has that sort of money to throw around at Championship level. 

Decent player but 15 million?Thought prices were meant to be getting a bit more sensible with everything that has happened these last few month

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Brentford, West Brom, Fulham, 

How can they? Brentford don't spend £15 million in the Championship, might do if they get promoted.

West Brom will surely have to make big cuts if they don't go up, parachute cash dropping.

None of those clubs know where they will be next season so can't believe they are going round bidding that sort of cash 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

How can they? Brentford don't spend £15 million in the Championship, might do if they get promoted.

West Brom will surely have to make big cuts if they don't go up, parachute cash dropping.

None of those clubs know where they will be next season so can't believe they are going round bidding that sort of cash 

Brentford have money in the bank. So could afford it but unlikely to spend that much

West Brom might have line up Grant if they go up. 

1 hour ago, phili said:

Stoke can easily afford it

Surely big cutbacks needed there with their squad. Very rich owners yes but piling more onto the losses and wages will cause chaos for them and FFP. Plus they've also got the costs of firing managers to account for. Parachute money will halve this summer. After 2 years down.

I don't doubt you are correct they could easily afford it, as could Venkys, but surely they will have to reign it in a bit.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Surely big cutbacks needed there with their squad. Very rich owners yes but piling more onto the losses and wages will cause chaos for them and FFP. Plus they've also got the costs of firing managers to account for. Parachute money will halve this summer. After 2 years down.

I don't doubt you are correct they could easily afford it, as could Venkys, but surely they will have to reign it in a bit.

The difference being they are fans and will find ways round FFP. Also the Coates family are true verifiable multi Billionaires where as Venky's are not necessarily as rich.

Stoke is fully funded through Bet365 and so will not be that hard for them to absorb the costs etc especially is FFP is relaxed for the next season.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Huddersfield set to sell Grant for 15 million pounds to Championship club.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/huddersfield-town-sell-top-scorer-day-they-sack-danny-cowley-2917979

Wonder if this is one of the reasons Cowley was sack. Been speaking to a Huddersfield town fan on twitter who is expecting massive cutbacks this summer in squad. 

I heard that the guy who's been chucking money at the club over the last few seasons has decided that it wasn't a gift after all but a loan and he wants his money back. Maybe his business is struggling ? There's going to be a lot of that in the future.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I heard that the guy who's been chucking money at the club over the last few seasons has decided that it wasn't a gift after all but a loan and he wants his money back. Maybe his business is struggling ? There's going to be a lot of that in the future.

Do you mean Dean Hoyle? 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do you mean Dean Hoyle? 

Yes, that's the name I was told. He's " put " between £50 and £60 million into the club from what I hear. If he want's all of that back I can see why ambitious managers might want to try their luck somewhere else. That could be why their number 1 prospect is up for sale.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes, that's the name I was told. He's " put " between £50 and £60 million into the club from what I hear. If he want's all of that back I can see why ambitious managers might want to try their luck somewhere else. That could be why their number 1 prospect is up for sale.

Hoyle sold the club to Phil Hodgkinson last summer. 

I have read an article says that Hodgkinson wants control over transfers from now on. Its appears that Cowley wasn't prepare to allow that and he wanted to follow Dyche model whilst Hodgkinson wants to buy more foreign players

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12168590/cowley-sacked-huddersfield-championship-safety/

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hoyle sold the club to Phil Hodgkinson last summer. 

I have read an article says that Hodgkinson wants control over transfers from now on. Its appears that Cowley wasn't prepare to allow that and he wanted to follow Dyche model whilst Hodgkinson wants to buy more foreign players

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12168590/cowley-sacked-huddersfield-championship-safety/

All that can be true Chaddy but that doesn't mean the Hoyle guy isn't trying to re-coup some " loans " .

If you're a manager and the board are wanting to pick the team it's time to go.

There's a bloke I know who drinks in the same pub as me. He's really well in at Huddersfield, unfortunately I haven't seen him for months because he's an asthmatic and he's isolating. When I see him again I'll get the full story.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

I think Hoyle is owed a lot of money back from Huddersfield which their new owner agreed to when he took over last year. Something like £40 million secured against their parachute cash.

Looks like they are having a clear out and a new coaching structure put in place. Don't think they will have much money to play with.

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

I think Hoyle is owed a lot of money back from Huddersfield which their new owner agreed to when he took over last year. Something like £40 million secured against their parachute cash.

Looks like they are having a clear out and a new coaching structure put in place. Don't think they will have much money to play with.

That's more or less what I was told.

The Cowleys did a fair job at Huddersfield.

Huddersfield were in freefall with 1 point from 6 games when the Cowleys joined and have since taken 50 points from their 39 games in charge.  

Think they deserved another shot at it next season.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

The Cowleys did a fair job at Huddersfield.

Huddersfield were in freefall with 1 point from 6 games when the Cowleys joined and have since taken 50 points from their 39 games in charge.  

Think they deserved another shot at it next season.

You are correct that Cowley did a fair job at Huddersfield. 

Deffo deserve another season. 

Seems Hodgkinson and Cowley had a falling out over the budget and players who to sign. 

21 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

All that can be true Chaddy but that doesn't mean the Hoyle guy isn't trying to re-coup some " loans " .

If you're a manager and the board are wanting to pick the team it's time to go.

There's a bloke I know who drinks in the same pub as me. He's really well in at Huddersfield, unfortunately I haven't seen him for months because he's an asthmatic and he's isolating. When I see him again I'll get the full story.

Hoyle has recouped some loads 15 million last year, 15 this year set to come in and 10 next year as he still will own 20 pc of HT.