BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

We dont live in Russia, England is a very small country. You are seriously telling me that Reed would reject all northerm clubs because of his girlfriend? If the money is right and his career would be enhanced, he would be off.  

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

have Everton offered him a deal? 

You called it a convenient Excuse cos its suits your opinion, Its a fact of reality that Some people want to be close to their family/friends and not willing to move around the country. Would you move down South from Lancashire for work reasons? I wouldn't 

A couple of years of treble/quadruple my salary? Bloody too right, potentially life changing. Get me some of that pie and mash.

More fool you.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You called it a convenient Excuse cos its suits your opinion, Its a fact of reality that Some people want to be close to their family/friends and not willing to move around the country. Would you move down South from Lancashire for work reasons? I wouldn't 

I wouldn't worry Chaddy there is absolutely zero chance of Harrison Reed signing for us after the way Mowbray treated him. He was by a country mile the best central midfielder at the club yet he was shunted out wide and rather insultingly told that he had to learn from Smallwood and Evans how to play the position. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him playing Premier League football next season be that at Southampton, Fulham or elsewhere.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I wouldn't worry Chaddy there is absolutely zero chance of Harrison Reed signing for us after the way Mowbray treated him. He was by a country mile the best central midfielder at the club yet he was shunted out wide and rather insultingly told that he had to learn from Smallwood and Evans how to play the position. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him playing Premier League football next season be that at Southampton, Fulham or elsewhere.

It is not something (Mowbrays treatment) that chaddy seems willing to judge.

Burnley were linked the other say. Surely that cant happen based on his refusal to move?

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It is not something (Mowbrays treatment) that chaddy seems willing to judge.

Burnley were linked the other day. Surely that cant happen based on his refusal to move?

Well depends on his current situation. 

He stay at Fulham if/when they go up.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

If I was a professional sportsman with a 10 year career, yes.

It worked out for him as he went to a better side (albeit in London), but the location of a team wouldn't be a big concern for me.

Wages, ambition and promotion prospects are what I'd be concerned about.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

He'll play PL football if Fulham go up. I don't think he's got enough to his game to be a PL player on merit.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

If I was getting paid tens of thousands of pounds a week to play football with a career of 15 years max then yeah. I'd move to Timbuktu if it was the right thing for me and my career.

The life of a footballer is a nomadic one. You know that each year you might have to uproot and move across the country. 

If a 2-3 hour drive or train ride upsets his girlfriend so much then he'll be glad he isn't good enough for Real Madrid or Man City.

He isn't going to have much of a career if he is only able to go to clubs within a certain distance of the South Coast under his girlfriend's orders.

The Everton point remains. We all know if they or City offered him a chance to earn more and develop a career and progress in football he would snap their arm off and his girlfriend's domestic preferences wouldn't enter the conversation.

Its only appeared as an excuse here because we either weren't able to entice him to stay for financial or football reasons or because we dropped another clanger but they won't admit it.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If I was getting paid tens of thousands of pounds a week to play football with a career of 15 years max then yeah. I'd move to Timbuktu if it was the right thing for me and my career.

The life of a footballer is a nomadic one. You know that each year you might have to uproot and move across the country. 

If a 2-3 hour drive or train ride upsets his girlfriend so much then he'll be glad he isn't good enough for Real Madrid or Man City.

He isn't going to have much of a career if he is only able to go to clubs within a certain distance of the South Coast under his girlfriend's orders.

The Everton point remains. We all know if they or City offered him a chance to earn more and develop a career and progress in football he would snap their arm off and his girlfriend's domestic preferences wouldn't enter the conversation.

Its only appeared as an excuse here because we either weren't able to entice him to stay for financial or football reasons or because we dropped another clanger but they won't admit it.

Fulham a better bet for promotion, that simple maybe? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Fulham signed him on deadline day. On loan.

We had oodles of time to sort a deal out before that. 

I am sure him and his agent knew there would be /were clubs of a certain standing in. We were obviously down the list of preferences. He's a good player with 2 good season under his belt. I would imagine a load of clubs with aspirations of promotion were in for him. 

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He'll play PL football if Fulham go up. I don't think he's got enough to his game to be a PL player on merit.

a lot of people overestimate this premier league lark,there is`nt that much difference in ability from the bottom half of the premier league to the top six of the championship,it`s when you get into the top half the gap starts widening,im`e certain west brom and leeds (pre promotion) would give aston villa,brighton and newcastle a good game

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

But Everton and Man City aren't interested in Reed so the point is mooted. 

It was yourself who said his missus didn't like up north. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

But Everton and Man City aren't interested in Reed so the point is mooted. 

It was yourself who said his missus didn't like up north. 

No it wasn't. I said it was a nonsense excuse to try and explain why he didn't come back. The point isn't moot. If we were an attractive prospect and put together an appropriate financial package he would have joined like he would Everton if they did the same. Fact is we didn't make a good enough offer. Nothing to do with where his bird wants to live.

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

No it wasn't. I said it was a nonsense excuse to try and explain why he didn't come back. The point isn't moot. If we were an attractive prospect and put together an appropriate financial package he would have joined like he would Everton if they did the same. Fact is we didn't make a good enough offer. Nothing to do with where his bird wants to live.

If his girlfriend didn't want to live up fair enough. Reed's career could be affect but that's their choice.