BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Why do you have such a desire for him to stay? Surely its better for more of our rivals to be struggling.

Found his team selection baffling yesterday. His stubbornness with a midfield diamond that clearly isnt working. Continued attempts to turn McLean into a left back and Ince into a number 10. And the likes of Mark Duffy, Sam Vokes, Stephen Ward, Tommy Smith and Peter Etebo all not playing.

Ultimately he did a great job at Luton but 2 wins in 22 is not good enough to expect to keep your job.

Cos I rated him as a manager and I also think there is a massive problems at the club. If Jones does go then where do they next? they had 2 experience managers(Hughes, Lambert), 1 good championship manager in Rowett and one very highly rated manager in Jones. what next? youth manager?

Smith isn't playing cos of Edwards who has been better. Ward is awful. 

Jones does belief in his diamond shape and that where he had his success. I wouldn't with that current, I would go 4-2-3-1 with that squad

15 hours ago, CD_93 said:

Why did I start watching that Leeds doc on Amazon?

Just had to rewatch our Boxing Day collapse form the denouement of an episode ?

Is it any good? I thought the City one on Amazon was shite. More like a PR video. The Sunderland one on Netflix was way better as it was warts and all. Did you watch that? If so, which is the Leeds one closer in style to? 

18 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is it any good? I thought the City one on Amazon was shite. More like a PR video. The Sunderland one on Netflix was way better as it was warts and all. Did you watch that? If so, which is the Leeds one closer in style to? 

It’s a lot like the city one. I agree the Sunderland one was by far the best. There is another Sunderland one out at Xmas time and a fleetwood one to be released when someone buys the rights. I should imagine that will be the best of the lot listening to joey Barton’s words of wisdom before contradicting himself and knocking out the opposing manager ?

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

looking that way, another change of formation and players used. 

I don't know how they turn it around there tbh. 

They definitely need a new manager in there asap. The Jones experiment just hasn't worked. Not sure if the likes of Hughton would go there, but they need to push the boat out for a very good manager or they're looking at potentially being in major trouble. 

10 minutes ago, DE. said:

They definitely need a new manager in there asap. The Jones experiment just hasn't worked. Not sure if the likes of Hughton would go there, but they need to push the boat out for a very good manager or they're looking at potentially being in major trouble. 

Hughton turned down the Sheff Wed job cos he wants PL job. Im unconvinced by him when he doesnt have his trusted number 2 with him in Calderwood. 

I suspect they could move for Pulis. Or Dan Cowley  

But im not sure what the right fit is for Stoke considering the different types of players you got there. 

• Like 1

Wigan will win their home games which will keep them up. Doubt they expect much more than that.

Hughton will be a man in demand and will have his pick of jobs. Question is whether he would move up North to manage a struggling Stoke or Huddersfield when he can wait and get something like the Fulham job when Parker gets axed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think that appointing another German would be massive mistake. Think Rowett or Adkins would be better option

Rowett has failed at Birmingham, Derby and Stoke after having success at Burton. I really don't understand why a club would consider a manager like him with a poor CV.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Rowett has failed at Birmingham, Derby and Stoke after having success at Burton. I really don't understand why a club would consider a manager like him with a poor CV.

ah Rowett didn't fail at Birmingham he was doing a decent job until the new owners sacked him, at Derby he wasn't that bad either.Stoke agreed was a failure 

• Like 1

He didn't fail at Brum. He was sacked for Zola with the team in or around the playoffs and they sunk down the table after he left. By Brum supporting mates were gutted he had gone. 

That said since then he hasn't done too well and virtually all managers (even Ince!) Have a success or two in their past so not saying he's deffo a good one though. 

Also Derby are a strange one. Despite their very talented squad, money thrown at them and trying every type of manager they can't get promoted. Pretty certain the Rooney experiment will go the same way. Something is wrong at that club too.

Sounds like some excuses for Rowett which isn't my intention. Just my thoughts on how I see things. 

How did Rowett failed at Birmingham? no money to spend and had them top 6(I think) when new owners came in and sacked him for Zola cos they wanted a Continental approach and structure. Gone backwards since them

Rowett got Derby to the playoffs and top 6 finish. Hardly a failure. 

Yes at Stoke he did failed but in the last 2/3 years that club has gone downward and there is a massive problem at the club. They had Hughes, Lambert, Rowett and Jones in that time. 

• Backroom

Rowett seems to be a bit like Eddie Howe where he was very effective at one club but not so much at others. I think he could potentially still do a decent job somewhere but no doubt his stock has fallen in recent times.