BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Looking ahead a couple of weeks and I really hope we can stick the final nail into the coffin of Hannibal Lecter's uglier Dingle brother by hammering the pie eaters. That would be some Christmas gift. It looks like he's hanging by a thread. Just a bit longer now, Cookie!

I'm amazed he's still there now. He's been under pressure for a while and that was before losing to Reading & Luton in the space of a week! They've got WBA tomorrow so they might just beat us to it.

Odd setup at Wigan with the Hong Kong owners and then Joe Royle and his son on the board seemingly running the football side. Also sounds like Peter Reid involved in some capacity.

One or two reckon it would cost them an arm and a leg to fire him off. Their away form is pitiful - 2 wins in 30 odd since the start of last season and one of those was a massive fluke with 10 men at Leeds as their promotion wagon fell apart. Even I'll be confident of a win against them on 23rd if they don't make a change. Mind you they never seem to get hammered anywhere, just keep losing by the odd goal.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Odd setup at Wigan with the Hong Kong owners and then Joe Royle and his son on the board seemingly running the football side. Also sounds like Peter Reid involved in some capacity.

One or two reckon it would cost them an arm and a leg to fire him off. Their away form is pitiful - 2 wins in 30 odd since the start of last season and one of those was a massive fluke with 10 men at Leeds as their promotion wagon fell apart. Even I'll be confident of a win against them on 23rd if they don't make a change. Mind you they never seem to get hammered anywhere, just keep losing by the odd goal.

Been like that for months and since the Hong Kong owners bought the club. 

Still Surprise Cook is still there as manager. 

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Been like that for months and since the Hong Kong owners bought the club. 

Still Surprise Cook is still there as manager. 

Darren Royle is running the club. Pretty sure it’s him with this weird Everton connection. He’s got his fingers in a few pies.

Peter Reid just casually assists Cook as and when as a helper. Done it for years.

On 08/12/2019 at 14:56, JHRover said:

I felt in the summer that the appointment of Bilic at West Brom was an outstanding piece of business and looks like it will get them promoted just as they need it before the money stops. 

Last year they were hampered by the inexperience of Darren Moore then when they sacked him had no succession plan and left it to a caretaker.

Learned from their error and got it spot on with Bilic.

Leeds - pay the money for a quality manager and allow him to bring his staff and let him get on with it.

Surely the end for Cook at Wigan though I half hope that they keep him until they come to Ewood on 23rd.

They will definitely sack him the week before, that's how things always are for us 

17 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

?

Hull could go above us tonight if they manage a draw or win at Leeds.

Millwall could go above us if they manage to beat Brizzle City by two goals or more.

Interestingly, if Millwall win 2-0 tonight, that would put them on the same points as us, same goal-difference, and same number of goals scored and conceded. Is there another level of priority to decide who is above who? Or do they just say "well you're joint xth"? Not that it matters much, but just curious if they bother with a further level of priority if it's not a critical league position.

B before M?

• Like 1

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Millwall are 1-0 up already. Maybe we'll have the answer we're all dying for if they grab another!

It goes to matches played against each other, then if they’re drawn too, who scored most goals against the other, then to alphabetical, I believe...

23 minutes ago, J*B said:

It goes to matches played against each other, then if they’re drawn too, who scored most goals against the other, then to alphabetical, I believe...

It should be least red cards, then least yellow cards and maybe other stuff before the toss of a coin or drawing straws.

It should never, ever be alphabetical order.  And the whole of Yeovil town agree with me.

Just now, JHRover said:

Millwall showing that going to Bristol and winning is doable. Hope Mowbray has their game on tape. Problem is Bristol will be desperate to ensure they don't lose back to back home games.

Yep.  Bad news for us. If we can scrape through the next two games with a point or two I'll be happy.

Edited by bazza