BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

3 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Not sure if Harrison Reed is a deciding factor on that!

As an example in fairly recent games, Reed wasn't playing in their 3-0 win over Derby, but was playing in their 3-0 home defeat against Hull City.

Harrison Reed is a very average player who we do not miss IMO, he would struggle to make our bench.

• Backroom

I'd take Reed over Bennett in terms of having a versatile player able to slot into multiple positions and play them well. Right now he wouldn't be able to oust Nyambe from RB or Evans/Johnson/Travis from CM - but when Evans purple patch inevitably ends that could easily change, especially with Johnson's form also being patchy to say the least. 

• Like 2

I think he would be able to be unlucky to not get picked over Evans and/or Johnson in my opinion. i think he would be a direct pick alongside Travis. if Johnson was all that, a poor Derby side would have retained him. yes he has a great shot on him, is savage-like in midfield but Reed is the better player in my opinion.

• Like 1

It was strange that they did let him leave, considering he has become a regular staple of a side that got to the play off final. I am not sure whether it was their new manager having new ideas, whether we offered a bigger contract, length wise or wages wise, there were mentions of consistency issues following his hefty price tag. I suppose their failings this year dont really suggest that their decisions in general have been justified.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Impressed in the 1st few games then hasnt played for the reasons Mowbray said yesterday post match

Travelling from the Midlands each day prior to training isn't ideal. I've travelled down there every day for work for weeks at a time, 2 hours plus in traffic,  and it took me 10 minutes just to unwind getting out of the van. You start to hate the journey. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It was strange that they did let him leave, considering he has become a regular staple of a side that got to the play off final. I am not sure whether it was their new manager having new ideas, whether we offered a bigger contract, length wise or wages wise, there were mentions of consistency issues following his hefty price tag. I suppose their failings this year dont really suggest that their decisions in general have been justified.

I would reckon he was offered a better deal here, simple as that. 

Him and Benno are best buds too. 

On 15/12/2019 at 10:13, philipl said:

Just watched the Rhodes hattrick- doubt you will see a better trio of goals all season. 

Yes 3 great goals there and validating what we Rovers fans already know. He's a great penalty box finisher and he has to play in a front 2.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

Yes 3 great goals there and validating what we Rovers fans already know. He's a great penalty box finisher and he has to play in a front 2.

In his first season here he rarely played with another striker, usually with a 10 or towards the end in just a 451/433 and he got nearly 30 goals.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

In his first season here he rarely played with another striker, usually with a 10 or towards the end in just a 451/433 and he got nearly 30 goals.

I seem to recall he played alongside either Kazim Richards, Nuno Gomez or Rochina early doors and then Gestede later on when he was at his most effective. I can hardly ever remember him leading the line on his own although I could be mistaken.

Just now, LDRover said:

I seem to recall he played alongside either Kazim Richards, Nuno Gomez or Rochina early doors and then Gestede later on when he was at his most effective. I can hardly ever remember him leading the line on his own although I could be mistaken.

He got his highest total in his first season, and as you said he played mainly with either Kazim Richards, Rochina or Gomes who all played behind him, like Dack would.