BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well like Gibson has said and done, he has cut back the budget and not willing to invest at the levels he did under Pulis and Monk. He wants to used the academy players and bring them through. If you look at the match day squad last night, they was 10 players that came through the academy and in the starting team was 6. 

Woodgate knew these academy players coming through and he said he would give them a chance. So I guess that one of main reasons he got the job. 

I think Stoke squad need a shake up again. O'Neill said last night his squad is overload in certain areas and hasn't got enough wide players he wants. I believe they have 37 players there with first team experience. So if that's the case they need at least 13 to 14 players out the door in January. I believe N'diaye is on way to a club to Turkey to complete a move there

I feel that Wigan will go. and then 2 clubs from Luton, Charlton and Barnsley for the 3 places to go down 

Good point had forgotten about Charlton but think they may (just!) have enough to survive. 

The Stoke fact of 37 players with first team experience speaks of a hugely bloated squad and of a team in bad way. Often the weaker teams use the most players and 37 suggests that there's not been  a settled way of playing - much less a team - for a very long time. No wonde they are in such a bad way. 

Just now, arbitro said:

Cardiff against Preston was easily the worst game I have seen this season. Nobbers shaded it but the football was extremely poor.

Was thinking same. Preston lacking quality unable to hit the net but it was an off day for both clubs.

Start of a tense period in season with 4 games in 8 days for us. Need to start with a good win against Wigan. Expecting a big following at Huddlers.

Just now, Blue blood said:

Good point had forgotten about Charlton but think they may (just!) have enough to survive. 

The Stoke fact of 37 players with first team experience speaks of a hugely bloated squad and of a team in bad way. Often the weaker teams use the most players and 37 suggests that there's not been  a settled way of playing - much less a team - for a very long time. No wonde they are in such a bad way. 

Stoke are mess. Different players from different managers time. You have players from Mark Hughes, Gary Rowett and Nathan Jones. The owners have backed the managers in terms of funds and signings. 

Stoke have to get back to basics. O'Neill said last night after the game, the squad needs cutting and he wants his own signings in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stoke are mess. Different players from different managers time. You have players from Mark Hughes, Gary Rowett and Nathan Jones. The owners have backed the managers in terms of funds and signings. 

Stoke have to get back to basics. O'Neill said last night after the game, the squad needs cutting and he wants his own signings in. 

Indeed, totally agree. Only thing is not sure he can bring in his own players when there's 37 potential players there already. As you say they need to shift about a dozen out to get to a normal.squad size before you even think of adding players. Horrific mismanagement of the club by the upper management to allow this situation to happen. 

Edit one last thing there's over 3 players per position! No wonder there is poor moral - some.of them won't get anywhere near a game even with an entire first 11 injured! Hard to be motivated when there is no chance of getting first team football. 

Edited by Blue blood

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

As it stands we could go 6th on Monday.

Our goal difference is horrendous compared to the other teams in playoff positions. Hope that doesn’t come back to bite us in the backside later in the season.

Not sure we can? Bristol and Sheff Wednesday play tomorrow meaning we can’t go above both of them 

Edit Swansea now winking so we can’t go above them either sadly 

Just now, OnePhilT said:

If we win, we go above them, but as you said, we can't get into the play-offs due to Bristol City and Sheff Wed playing tomorrow.

If we win tomorrow, I don't really care how it comes, because Wigan (with a fair following) might be up for this more than we think. Just 3 points would make Christmas Day super-dooper.

I’ve never been as excited or nervous for a game like this in years. 

If leeds fck it up this year, it must go down as their most monumental of all monumental fck ups in recent years lol (and there have been a few) - I WILL LOVE IT

Remember that Leeds dude that came on here last season so arrogant and confident about how they will win the league. Larging it up over hollginism and all that - 60 years old too apparently. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Indeed, totally agree. Only thing is not sure he can bring in his own players when there's 37 potential players there already. As you say they need to shift about a dozen out to get to a normal.squad size before you even think of adding players. Horrific mismanagement of the club by the upper management to allow this situation to happen. 

Edit one last thing there's over 3 players per position! No wonder there is poor moral - some.of them won't get anywhere near a game even with an entire first 11 injured! Hard to be motivated when there is no chance of getting first team football. 

I totally agree that they upper management need to look at themselves over the squad size. 

O'Neill mention last night the lack of wide players at the club. 

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Leeds' Christmas collapse continues on.

Good. Said last week that Bielsa need to change his training regime there at busy times off the season. 

38 minutes ago, DE. said:

Derby are in major free fall. Beaten 3-0 by Reading today, 17th in the table and haven't won a match since November 23rd. No idea how long they'll give Cocu but with Rooney waiting in the wings the pressure is on...

question will be asked surely there. Their squad isn't as good as last season. 

Does Rooney take over as manager or does Liam Roseniar take over 

8 hours ago, DE. said:

I still think Stoke will end up climbing above Luton, and it'll end up being between them and Wigan for the final relegation place.

You are not looking at Charlton dropping like a stone... Derby one point above them also share joint worst current form. 

• Backroom
3 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

If we win, we go above them, but as you said, we can't get into the play-offs due to Bristol City and Sheff Wed playing tomorrow.

If we win tomorrow, I don't really care how it comes, because Wigan (with a fair following) might be up for this more than we think. Just 3 points would make Christmas Day super-dooper.

Ah I just presumed nobody up there would have as shoddy a goal difference as ours but I stand corrected 

Dont think theres any doubt that Raya isnt at times error prone and eccentric. That being said, hes certainly more talented than Walton and trading a permanent keeper for a loan keeper only compounds the situation.

I think the quality of the Championship this season is low in general and thats certainly the case with the goalkeepers, theres some really error prone ones even at the top of the League.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 47er said:

The vast majority of Championship games are very boring I find. Unless your own team is playing, they are not worth the bother.

Just one cul-de-sac  and back pass after another.

disagree

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dont think theres any doubt that Raya isnt at times error prone and eccentric. That being said, hes certainly more talented than Walton and trading a permanent keeper for a loan keeper only compounds the situation.

I think the quality of the Championship this season is low in general and thats certainly the case with the goalkeepers, theres some really error prone ones even at the top of the League.

Raya is better shot stopper but Walton kicking, claiming crosses and handling is better than Raya. 

As Mowbray has told the press he didn't get his 1st choices in the summer and in the end he ended up going for Walton who hasn't brilliant and not as bad as you make it out. Very easy for fans to discuss transfers but tbh we don't really know why those deals for foreign keepers happened. We know why Darlow deal didn't happen.