BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

WBA have only won 1 in their 8 games

Leeds only conceded 10 goals in the 1st 21 games. Now 17 goals conceded in last 9 games. Lost 3 out of their last 4 games

Fulham have picked 13 points in last 6 games. 

Brentford havent scored 11 games out of their 30 games but have best defence in the league. 

Those stats just show what a wide open league this is.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DE. said:

In order to capitalise on the league being wide open we need to gain a level of consistency, which is going to be tough considering our injury list. 

4 home games in Feb starting today plus an away game at struggling Charlton (Brentford away next week is obviously a real tough one). 

Now or never to make a run...

Edited by Mattyblue

• Backroom
Just now, Mattyblue said:

4 home games in Feb starting today plus an away game at struggling Charlton (Brentford away next week is obviously a real tough one). 

Now or never go make a run...

We had better hope Arma's purple patch continues as there aren't many goals in the team otherwise. Remove Arma from the equation and in terms of league goals you have Travis (2), Downing (2), Lenihan (2), Gallagher (3), Tosin (1), Del (3), Johnson (2), Graham (3), Buckley (1) ... of non-injured personnel Derrick Williams is our joint-second top league scorer and he isn't even a first teamer. :unsure:

• Like 2

Who cares about Leeds when our own season is dead in the water? Another season goes by and we’re farther away from a return to the PL as ever. Please don’t anyway keep bleating we can still make the playoffs because it’s not going to happen. For me, I’m running out of time before the ref upstairs blows the final whistle. It’s so disappointing I won’t see us back where we belong 

Mowbray out Warnock in 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Who cares about Leeds when our own season is dead in the water? Another season goes by and we’re farther away from a return to the PL as ever. Please don’t anyway keep bleating we can still make the playoffs because it’s not going to happen. For me, I’m running out of time before the ref upstairs blows the final whistle. It’s so disappointing I won’t see us back where we belong 

Mowbray out Warnock in 

Another season standing still is another season actually going backwards.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I wish we was in their position!

Leeds wont get top 2 now. Biesla didn't know what to do at half time. 

6 million pounds each season for him and he cant achieve top 2. 

What happens to Leeds in the summer if they don't go up? Will owner walk away and sell the club? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Leeds wont get top 2 now. Biesla didn't know what to do at half time. 

6 million pounds each season for him and he cant achieve top 2. 

What happens to Leeds in the summer if they don't go up? Will owner walk away and sell the club? 

Mowbray has had more that £6m each season in the Championship and can’t get into the top 6 for 5 minutes!

It seems your yardstick is set differently for Rovers and every other team. The number of other clubs’ managers you’ve said should be sacked over the years! 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Mowbray has had more that £6m each season in the Championship and can’t get into the top 6 for 5 minutes!

It seems your yardstick is set differently for Rovers and every other team. The number of other clubs’ managers you’ve said should be sacked over the years! 

Stuart this the championship thread to discuss other championship teams in. That's what I done. You seem to always want an argument well I'm not going to give you. So then I get banned from the site

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stuart this the championship thread to discuss other championship teams in. That's what I done. You seem to always want an argument well I'm not going to give you. So then I get banned from the site

I don’t think you get banned for having an opinion.

Not looking for an argument either, just noting that you would not be defending Mowbray’s record (£12m and never got in the play-offs) if he was the manager at any other Championship club.

I think it comes down to expectations. Leeds “big”, high expectation; Rovers “small”, doing the best they can. It’s a real bug-bear of mine that our own fans see us this way.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I think it comes down to expectations. Leeds “big”, high expectation; Rovers “small”, doing the best they can. It’s a real bug-bear of mine that our own fans see us this way.

Rovers are small club in terms of support base and fans turning up to games. We are town club

Leeds are massive club in terms of fanbase. Look how many fans were to Australia to support their team. They are big city club. 

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I stopped reading right there.

By no measure are Rovers a small club.

Look are supporter based and how many ST holders we have. Plus our match attendees..where are the other 14k fans that turn up for Oxford game. Where are they now? 

I know of 2 Rovers fans who were ST holders in PL days but never been still we gone down apart from the 2 cup games against PL teams Newcastle and Liverpool. They arent interested in Football league football. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Plenty of PL and recent PL clubs are equivalent clubs or smaller. All getting similar crowds to us when in the Championship.

Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth, Fulham, Palace, Huddersfield (their crowds doubled when cheap tickets were introduced).

Brentford and Preston are in the top 6 right now.

For a supposed positive fan, you are being very negative about our great club.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look are supporter based and how many ST holders we have. Plus our match attendees..where are the other 14k fans that turn up for Oxford game. Where are they now? 

I know of 2 Rovers fans who were ST holders in PL days but never been still we gone down apart from the 2 cup games against PL teams Newcastle and Liverpool. They arent interested in Football league football. 

Stop slagging the supporters Chaddy, I don't know who you think you are  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Plenty of PL and recent PL clubs are equivalent clubs or smaller. All getting similar crowds to us when in the Championship.

Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth, Fulham, Palace, Huddersfield (their crowds doubled when cheap tickets were introduced).

Brentford and Preston are in the top 6 right now.

For a supposed positive fan, you are being very negative about our great club.

But those PL clubs have the PL money to fund everything atm. 

Brentford model is very unique. 

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Stop slagging the supporters Chaddy, I don't know who you think you are  

No one is slagging the supporters off. Just asking where are the 14k that turn up for Oxford game now? It's a fair question. How many have been back? How many got ST tickets? Are they still going now? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

But those PL clubs have the PL money to fund everything atm. 

They do now obviously! I’m talking about how they managed to get there in the first place if they are ‘small clubs’?

Edited by Mattyblue