BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Would TM go there. I honestly think tbat depends on FFP at Rovers. There's obviously an emotional tug and his record at Rovers will look quite positive on paper despite the relegation. That said Boro aren't any more attractive than us and further behind so why would he go? The only reason would be if we were going to have to dismantle the team due to FFP restrictions or he knows that he won't get the resources to build on what he has done. Past history suggests such a scenario is possible. And whilst there may be better candidates for Boro there are certainly worse, so I think it comes down to plans for us for next season from the owners/board. 

Mowbray has shown in the past he doesn't let emotional connections get in the way of making decisions for his career - he refused to talk to Ipswich when we got promoted from League 1, despite his history there, and I believe he did the same when he was at Hibs many years ago. If he left us for Boro I would be very concerned about the future is it would, imo, point to severe cutbacks incoming. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Mowbray has shown in the past he doesn't let emotional connections get in the way of making decisions for his career - he refused to talk to Ipswich when we got promoted from League 1, despite his history there, and I believe he did the same when he was at Hibs many years ago. If he left us for Boro I would be very concerned about the future is it would, imo, point to severe cutbacks incoming. 

That's interesting to know, didn't know about the Ipswich situation. Yes, totally agree, I'd he leaves it suggests that the future is very bleak financially should he chose to leave. 

38 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Right for who Chaddy? Not them if they are sacked.

Hear a lot about ‘long term projects’, usually said by struggling managers and clubs, it’s code for ‘we are cutting back, so make do’... next news they’ve been potted.

The Club and Owner plus the fans. I don't know what the Boro fans are saying tonight. Havent look. But its fine question the manager but they need to ask what is their owner plan going forward. 

Its the Owner Gibson is has said about cutting budgets and bring through more academy players. Major reason why Pulis walk away. 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-chiefs-expected-patchy-season-17051912

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Championship, possibly he’d go back.

They end up in League 1 and I’m not sure, he’s on record saying how much he dislikes managing there.

Though the travelling and living away from your young kids means there will always be that pull...

I cant see Mowbray going back to Boro after being there before when they were cutbacks happening during his time there. He been there before why go back again. Gibson didn't stick with him when they went through a poor run unless his time here

I think Ipswich and Hibs may be as much to do with geography as anything.

Put yourself in TM’s shoes.

If you, as a Rovers fan, had 3 young lads living miles away from your work in Blackburn, and you were (probably) going to get a pay rise to manage the club that you’ve always supported therefore enabling you to see your family everyday, and stay at home etc...

He wouldn’t be able to turn it down surely.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

If you, as a Rovers fan, had 3 young lads living miles away from your work in Blackburn, and you were (probably) going to get a pay rise to manage the club that you’ve always supported therefore enabling you to see your family everyday, and stay at home etc...

he been there before when Gibson cut the budget and sack him after a poor run. Why would he go back for the same job years after being there doing the same jone

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Club and Owner plus the fans. 

I’m talking about the Cowleys not making the right choice. They get sacked and they are back to looking for jobs in League 1 and in the meantime they would be able to spend their Saturdays with Colin Murray in the Quest studio, a bit like that other ‘next big thing’ who tried and failed to turn a nosediving club around... Nathan Jones.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m talking about the Cowleys not making the right choice. They get sacked and they are back to looking for jobs in League 1 and in the meantime spending their Saturdays with Colin Murray in the Quest studio like that other ‘next big thing’ who tried and failed to turn a nosediving club around... Nathan Jones.

well if you quote the post then I would know Matty what you were talking about

I think they make the right choice but need to get them save from relegation then in the summer rebuild the squad into what they want

Edited by chaddyrovers

Quote what? I was talking about the Cowleys making a mistake. 

It’s you that talked about ‘long term plans’, your Hudds supporting mate (must be great to have a mate for all 92 clubs, no wonder you have such insights), the views of the owners etc.

Edited by Mattyblue

You’d think that Cowley needs to get a promotion out of League One at least before he can be considered a Championship level manager.

The PE teacher style might have got Lincoln a decent cup run in League 2 but this looks a massive big step up into a club with high expectations and high earning players.

Paul Hurst had achieved more for god’s sake.

Just seems a naive and ill considered appointment for the situation Huddersfield were in.

He talks a good game, and it’s easy to fall for all the PR and exciting storied hype without considering the inexperience or track record.

Who’d do that? 

*cough* Paul Ince *cough*

• Like 4

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Quote what? I was talking about the Cowleys making a mistake. 

It’s you that talked about ‘long term plans’, your Hudds supporting mate (must be great to have a mate for all 92 clubs, no wonder you have such insights), the views of the owners etc.

The post you were replying to. 

Yet again sly dig from Matty on this point "must be great to have a mate for all 92 clubs, no wonder you have such insights". Would love to know where I ever said this Matty but as you know I haven't. 

I was talking long term plans at Boro. Which their owners and manager have said cos of the cutbacks happening there. 

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I can't remember the reason TM wanted to stay at Hibs off the top of my head, but to be honest I never thought he'd leave here for Ipswich. There was no good reason to. They had a smaller budget than us, worse players and a fanbase who had just hounded their previous manager out by chanting all sorts of disgusting slurs at him. Frankly I'd have been stunned if TM even gave the Ipswich offer a second thought and I doubt he did. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Was just looking at Imbula's wikipedia page and couldn't help but laugh at this

Whilst at Stoke, Imbula's attitude prompted some heavy criticism from some of his club teammates. Glen Johnson spoke on BBC Radio 5 Live in March 2019 about an occasion where Imbula subbed himself in a pre-season game after someone did not pass him the ball, only to sub himself back on again ten minutes later.

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

I can’t see this happening. My understanding is he drives to and from his family home everyday.  Add to the fact he’s already managed up there and has- at this moment- an outside chance of managing in the top flight with us next year, surely it’s no go.

Mowbray has a lot to thank us for too- his managerial career was pretty much finished until we took him on. I remember my Bolton mate laughing his head off, when he took over from Coyle... 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Thought he lived down here 5 days a week.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18105044.tony-mowbray-explains-reason-behind-bradley-johnson-omission/

From the link

I think travelling two hours to training, and two hours back every day, I tried that for a while and in the end I had to buy an apartment because I was feeling asleep in my office in the afternoon before I decided to buy somewhere. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

13 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Mowbray will never have as good a gig as Rovers (Venkys/Waggott) ever again.

Complete control, no pressure, can just enjoy his football.

NO other club would do this after 5 minutes and a third tier promotion...

E43FDB9E-C031-4066-8343-DC74615154B1.thumb.jpeg.7a84cbb798f03a4c215ecadff881fe70.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Mowbray will never have as good a gig as Rovers (Venkys/Waggott) ever again.

Complete control, no pressure, can just enjoy his football.

NO other club would do this after 5 minutes and a third tier promotion...

E43FDB9E-C031-4066-8343-DC74615154B1.thumb.jpeg.7a84cbb798f03a4c215ecadff881fe70.jpeg

Tbh, Boro probably would for big Tone

1 hour ago, Yoogo said:

Some games for us to watch out for tonight - in order of priority (in my opinion).

1. West Brom v Preston
  2. Huddersfield v Bristol City
  3. Cardiff v Forest
  4. Luton v Brentford
  5. QPR v Derby

Could do with those in bold winning.

Cardiff v Forest might be best ending up as a draw, but if I had to choose a winner - Cardiff - given that we could get back above them with our game in-hand. That almost makes a full-house for wanting each home team to win tonight, which is the simplest way to look at it.

Deffo a draw for Cardiff-Forest - 3 points is three hard fought Brentford results so a draw there would be great. 

Think Bristol, Brentford and Derby are unfortunately all favourites so would settle for them all drawing their games, though losses would be nice! 

Nerve wracking for us but great to see a league so open. 

3 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Deffo a draw for Cardiff-Forest - 3 points is three hard fought Brentford results so a draw there would be great. 

Think Bristol, Brentford and Derby are unfortunately all favourites so would settle for them all drawing their games, though losses would be nice! 

Nerve wracking for us but great to see a league so open. 

Huddersfield strong favourites over Bristol City. City are rated poorly on all statistical fronts. 
(They were 9/1 vs Leeds away the other week which was the same as what Wigan and Reading were)

QPR also favourites against Derby.

Preston is the big one for me, as they have Fulham away on Saturday, a defeat tonight for them and it heaps a bit more pressure on that fixture

409D5151-7639-44C7-ACA8-DCE72DF8FB32.jpeg