BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

• Moderation Lead

Funny that ‘Boro sacked Pulis for not getting in the play offs, then appointed a rookie manager and are now in the relegation zone. 
Their old manager would be the perfect guy to get them out of this mess his replacement created. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Funny that ‘Boro sacked Pulis for not getting in the play offs, then appointed a rookie manager and are now in the relegation zone. 
Their old manager would be the perfect guy to get them out of this mess his replacement created. 

Someones quite clearly not thinking about philosophies and style of play!

Just showed the stats on Sky and Boro have scored the least goals amidst a whole host of attacking ineptness.

48 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair, Pulis in his first season took Boro up from upper mid table to 5th in his first half season and then finished 7th the season after, not too shabby at all. He also transformed Adama Traore.

Yeah, I didn't mean that Pulis was a bad manager, just that there appears to be little to no idea what they are doing there. To go from spending fortunes under Monk, to bringing Pulis in, then getting fed up with him and giving it to Woodgate just suggests that there is no plan. 

• Like 2

Just watching the boro game, their squad should not be anywhere near the bottom. Got me looking at the teams near the drop and what players I’d nick from them. Know they always say don’t buy from relegated teams but I don’t necessarily go with that. So-

boro-

saville

ayala

mcnair

assombalonga

tavernier

stoke- 

butland

Ince

charlton-

taylor

Foster caskey

Wigan-

byrne

Jacobs

Moore

luton-

Can’t say I know too many of them

barnsley-

Woodrow

Chaplin

Mowatt

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Pulis wasnt sacked tho by Boro. His contract wasnt renewed after a meeting with the Steve Gibson discuss the future for Boro and the budget. 

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-tony-pulis

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's fine if you changed your mind about him. You can just say that. 

But I haven't. 

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Depends on how seriously they consider relegation to be. If it was me I'd be terrified of the prospect and I'd be prepared to take whatever emergency action necessary to try and avoid it.

I'd be on the blower to Warnock in the morning giving him a big bonus and a 10 game contract for survival. 

It clearly isnt working there. Loyalty and patience are commendable in some circumstances but facing imminent and disastrous relegation I'd be expecting proper action. 

It's a bit like arguing that we might as well have stuck with Coyle in 2017. It is the duty of those running the club to take action.

A fair few Middlesbrough fans are fed up with Gibson and given their recruitment over the last few years - Agnew, Monk, Pulis and Woodgate - I can see why.

Gibson did admitted that he had made some mistakes in the past decade in the article I posted this morning

23 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Just watching the boro game, their squad should not be anywhere near the bottom. Got me looking at the teams near the drop and what players I’d nick from them. Know they always say don’t buy from relegated teams but I don’t necessarily go with that. So-

boro-

saville

ayala

mcnair

assombalonga

tavernier

stoke- 

butland

Ince

charlton-

taylor

Foster caskey

Wigan-

byrne

Jacobs

Moore

luton-

Can’t say I know too many of them

barnsley-

Woodrow

Chaplin

Mowatt

I sit opposite a Boro season ticket holder at work, he's of an older generation, but he doesn't have a single good word to say about Assombalonga.

Assuming its based on this season mainly but still.

On 03/03/2020 at 20:09, Oldgregg86 said:

I know we should have done whatever to get Nigel Pearson when he was in the back end of nowhere . We would be in the mix undoubtedly by now 

That's exactly why we will stay outside of the play off places......

• Like 1

A top/very good manager could get 75% of clubs in the championship promoted imo. It's that right a league with much of a muchness and with bottom of the table teams being able to upset those at the top of the table. It's a fantastic league for excitement, though low on quality. 

The teams around us weren't going to slip up every week for us.

The two home games last week will be what we'll look back at come the end of the season.

Finished 1-1 Bristol. See how Preston do now.

Edited by MarkBRFC

• Backroom

There wasn’t much pressure for us the last couple of weeks when others were slipping up

If the results stay the same all of a sudden we need to win to stay in touch 

• Like 1