Championship season 2019-20

Wow so now he says he still owns the club and is trying to remove the chairman 

The true test of control is who has the password for the twitter account 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Wow so now he says he still owns the club and is trying to remove the chairman 

The true test of control is who has the password for the twitter account 

The expenses 

38B87F6D-3797-40B5-BB47-2ADC4BE196F4.jpeg

Forest owner got the coronavirus and was at their game v Millwall the other night....

Tomorrow I was going to buy tickets for the Wigan game next Wednesday , is there any chance of football being moved to behind closed doors before then does anyone think? Might be a stupid question but I can’t be bothered buying tickets to then not be able to go 😂

7 minutes ago, Butty said:

Tomorrow I was going to buy tickets for the Wigan game next Wednesday , is there any chance of football being moved to behind closed doors before then does anyone think? Might be a stupid question but I can’t be bothered buying tickets to then not be able to go 😂

cant see it. 

I will be going. 

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

cant see it. 

I will be going. 

Me and the old man will be there 👍🏻

Marinakis was at the Millwall Forest game on Friday. 

So does this mean both sides are now going into 14 day self isolation with games called off ?

It does seem more and more inevitable that the season will not finish with fans being allowed into the ground. I have tickets for Barnsley and am half expecting the game to be behind closed doors.

Wage bill is 40 million pounds per year. But big cuts will be needed cos of the fall in income

20 hours ago, Butty said:

Think Wigan and Barnsley will be fine.

I expect something to be announced for after that though.

The fact the international break will purely be focused on players and fans traipsing across Europe will focus minds you’d think.

So... Leeds on the Friday immediately after the break could well be the one that starts a domino effect.

On 08/03/2020 at 09:35, K-Hod said:

A former poster used to call the LT ‘The Venkygraph’, makes me cringe to this day!

Why? I thought it was just ironic shorthand for its long spell, as an uncritical, party-line ( non) newspaper...

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

4 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Why? I thought it was just ironic shorthand for its long spell, as an uncritical, party-line ( non) newspaper...

There’s more to our local paper than just Rovers, so I thought it was a bit OTT tbh.

6 hours ago, K-Hod said:

There’s more to our local paper than just Rovers, so I thought it was a bit OTT tbh.

Aye, I always look forward to their newest rundown of ‘top Blackburn restaurants’ nicked from TripAdvisor.

If it wasn’t for football, it would’ve folded.

15 hours ago, K-Hod said:

What? The biggest scandal in the town for many years, involving hundreds of jobs and millions of pounds1

Imagine, if it was the MEN or Liverpool Echo!!!

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

What? The biggest scandal in the town for many years, involving hundreds of jobs and millions of pounds1

Imagine, if it was the MEN or Liverpool Echo!!!

Yeah the Telegraph has a lot to answer for in our early years of Venkys. Any real reporter would be looking at speaking to those with an inside track to try and uncover the goings on. Instead ours was obsessed with the status quo and did a sum total of 0 investigative work.

Haven't bought it in years. The only time the club really needed it in my lifetime and it was absent. Nothing they print I can't get off the Rovers website anyway.

Birmingham asking players to defer wages...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52022741

I read somewhere else that Gillingham’s top earners are on over 3k a week, so with bonuses, that’s probably over 200k a year of outgoings on just one third division journeyman... that’s Gillingham with their paltry income.

Things will have to change, the days of plenty for mediocre footballers will be over.

Edited by Mattyblue

On 24/03/2020 at 20:37, Mattyblue said:

Things will have to change, the days of plenty for mediocre footballers will be over.

Hopefully Matty. Same goes for youth players too