BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship season 2019-20

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

So should we have sacked Mokoena  when he got done for drink driving whilst playing for us?

Don't remember anyone clamouring for that to happen at the time tbh.

Yes. If that’s true. Can’t find any details.

Meanwhile, over at “Pride” Park...

A club statement said: "Derby County Football Club has completed the disciplinary hearing regarding Richard Keogh in respect of his involvement in the events of Tuesday, September 24th.

"As a result of that process, Mr Keogh has had his contract terminated with immediate effect for gross misconduct. He has the right of appeal within 14 days.

"As we have said from the outset, the Club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/richard-keoghs-wife-wades-row-20765958

...unless of course they are of value to us. Double-standards, I’m afraid. Dodge the issue if you like, Rev, but the hypocrisy is right there in black-and-white.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just because the other two haven't been sacked doesn't mean he shouldn't be either. Two wrongs and a right is better than three wrongs.

You meant to say "Two wrongs and a right is better than three rights"?

Think about it.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Yes. If that’s true. Can’t find any details.

Meanwhile, over at “Pride” Park...

A club statement said: "Derby County Football Club has completed the disciplinary hearing regarding Richard Keogh in respect of his involvement in the events of Tuesday, September 24th.

"As a result of that process, Mr Keogh has had his contract terminated with immediate effect for gross misconduct. He has the right of appeal within 14 days.

"As we have said from the outset, the Club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/richard-keoghs-wife-wades-row-20765958

...unless of course they are of value to us. Double-standards, I’m afraid. Dodge the issue if you like, Rev, but the hypocrisy is right there in black-and-white.

I normally agree with you but the hypocrisy could lie with you as I bet you’d do exactly the same thing Derby have done. Saved a fortune in wages with the 6 week fines and got a high earning liability off the books. Happy days for them.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I normally agree with you but the hypocrisy could lie with you as I bet you’d do exactly the same thing Derby have done. Saved a fortune in wages with the 6 week fines and got a high earning liability off the books. Happy days for them.

Pardon?

If anyone thinks derby are going to throw 10 million or more out of the window over morals needs to realise its not how the world works, money trumps everything else.

Would people be saying the same if it was a Dack or similar at Rovers? I highly doubt it. Saying and doing are two entirely different things.

• Like 3

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

If anyone thinks derby are going to throw 10 million or more out of the window over morals needs to realise its not how the world works, money trumps everything else.

Would people be saying the same if it was a Dack or similar at Rovers? I highly doubt it. Saying and doing are two entirely different things.

“the Club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute“

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

“the Club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute“

And do you think they'll sack the two others? Unless there's some sort of way for them to claim the money back on them they won't be going anywhere. 

Football players are unique in that they are human products, not your average worker who can't be sold to a rival company for profit. Derby will let them go but through sales rather than sacking

Football is where morals go to die.

• Like 1

They ran like two little rats from a car crash. They should've been potted too. Derby are a disgrace of a club, with further evidence being the Rooney signing so he can advertise the betting company and by pass rules on children advertising gambling firms. And yes I would argue Mokeona should've been fired and so should whoever else done for that offence. Could've killed someone and then ran off. Doesn't change the fact that Keogh also was right to be binned for being an absolute moron.

1 hour ago, Bohinen 22 said:

They ran like two little rats from a car crash. They should've been potted too. Derby are a disgrace of a club, with further evidence being the Rooney signing so he can advertise the betting company and by pass rules on children advertising gambling firms. And yes I would argue Mokeona should've been fired and so should whoever else done for that offence. Could've killed someone and then ran off. Doesn't change the fact that Keogh also was right to be binned for being an absolute moron.

How does signing Rooney enable them to bypass the rules on advertising betting companies?

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So should we have sacked Mokoena  when he got done for drink driving whilst playing for us?

Don't remember anyone clamouring for that to happen at the time tbh.

I always thought Mokoena was found not to have a valid licence after a speeding offence.

• Moderation Lead
6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

How does signing Rooney enable them to bypass the rules on advertising betting companies?

He’s going to wear the number 32. 
Their sponsor is 32 Red (a betting firm).

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

He’s going to wear the number 32. 
Their sponsor is 32 Red (a betting firm).

And it's rumoured that they are stumping up a chunk of his wages. There is also a rumour that as he is a player and coach his wages are not counted towards FFP.

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

And it's rumoured that they are stumping up a chunk of his wages. There is also a rumour that as he is a player and coach his wages are not counted towards FFP.

Not rumour about the player coach. It says it on the Derby website: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/08/wayne-rooney-to-join-derby-county

As well as penning a playing contract with Derby, Rooney will join the club as a coach and continue to develop his coaching credentials in preparation for a potential managerial career.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Alex Neil is the current odds on favourite for the job

I know you should never be surprised in football but that surprises me. He has done exceptionally well at Nobbers and has the support of the fans and has built a decent side who are playoff contenders. Stoke has become a bit of a poisoned chalice with recent appointments.

Still money talks.................