BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fixtures 2019/2020

They will possibly a little weaker in areas. Bauer gone, Aribo almost certain to go. I think it can go either way with newly promoted teams and lets remember they only did it through the playoffs. Chartlon are the least of my worries in August tbh but yeah, a bad result in that game could really have a knock-on effect - just as the reveerse could spur us on for the next few games.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

First up isn't a good time to play a newly promoted team. They'll have a full squad and confidence will still be high from the previous season. You're better off playing them when they've lost a few through injuries and suspensions plus when they've taken a few bangings !

Now that Bowyer has signed on again he has to rebuild his depleted squad, he needs CBs more than we do! and an owner still desperate to bail out. Having said that I think Bowyer has done a cracking job there and a great motivator.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

13 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

I know I come across a bit of a happy clapper on here, but I think we can beat Charlton at home lads.

Christ.

If you were to offer the best time for Charlton to have a chance of winning at Ewood- it would undoubtedly be first game of the season following the Robbins' promotion.

That is indisputable.

Doesn't invalidate the fact we should beat them by a good margin but it is the worst possible time to play them...

2 hours ago, philipl said:

If you were to offer the best time for Charlton to have a chance of winning at Ewood- it would undoubtedly be first game of the season following the Robbins' promotion.

That is indisputable.

Doesn't invalidate the fact we should beat them by a good margin but it is the worst possible time to play them...

That and we rarely win our first game of the season.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

20 minute impact sub when we need a goal.

That can be likened to some posters logic of Conways extension last year. They said he could come on to shore us up going into the last knockings to defend a lead. We all know how that ended.

Bennett will be here and he's very rarely injured, so he'll be starting. Especially with Nyambe being at the AFCON and therefore returning to training late - RB will probably be Bennett's for the first few games....

6 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Opening day line-up 

Raya 

Nyambe Lenihan Hanley Bell

Travis O'Neill

Armstrong Rothwell Downing 

Graham

Leuitweiller Mulgrew  Evans Chapman Morrison Brereton Gallagher 

Take out Nyambe & O'Neill for Bennett & Evans and that might not be far off.

Bottom 6 side for me that, no goals in the side and Hanley isn't suddenly going to transform the worst away defence in the entire FL.

Long old season ahead.

• Like 2