BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Recollections of Roy Vernon needed

Hello,

I am researchIng for a biography of Roy Vernon - ex Rovers, Everton, Stoke City and Wales? Roy starred at inside-left in Johnny Carey's Rovers team of the late 1950s alongside Bryan Douglas, Matt Woods, Ally MacLeod etc. He followed Carey to Everton in 1960 and on the League there in 1963. he finished his career with Great Harwood in the Northern Premier League. Do any older forum members (or perhaps your parents, or grandparents) have memories of Roy that you can share with me? If so please email royvernonproject "at" gmail.com

Thanks

Rob

He was just before my time at Rovers but I saw him play for Everton quite a few times as a pal of mine was an Everton fan.. Great penalty taker, always driven into the bottom corners all along the ground. I never saw him miss one.

I remember reading an ex players all time hardman 11, Vernon was in it which surprised me. 

I remember my Grandad having a beer or two with him, in the seventies, when I was growing up. I never met him, but hears he was a nice guy and spoke about his time at Rovers, very fondly. He used to have a drink in the Ivy Pub in Blackburn I believe.