BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Women's World Cup

It's just so refreshing to watch footballers play for the joy of playing. None of the total bollocks associated with the men's game.

From what I've seen every player deserves great praise for their ability and attitude.

• Like 2

Watching the end of the Scotland v Argentina game and another VAR timing masterclass.

Penalty given on 88 minutes by VAR. 3 minutes injury time goes up on the board.  Had to be retaken as keeper came off her line according to VAR. Was eventually scored and game restarted on 94 minutes. Therefore there should be 2 mins normal time plus 3 mins injury time left. Ref added about 90 seconds on.

At the final whistle both teams went to the ref in disbelief. 

Games should be lasting 100 minutes+ in some instances but it's simply not happening.  We are getting 3 or 4 minute delays with only about 40 seconds being added extra.

Edited by Hasta

Just now, Hasta said:

Watching the end of the Scotland v Argentina game and another VAR timing masterclass.

Penalty given on 88 minutes by VAR. 3 minutes injury time goes up on the board.  Had to be retaken as keeper came off her line according to VAR. Was eventually scored and game restarted on 94 minutes. Therefore there should be 2 mins normal time plus 3 mins injury time left. Ref added about 90 seconds on.

At the final whistle both teams went to the ref in disbelief. 

Games should be lasting 100 minutes+ in some instances but it's simply not happening.  We are getting 3 or 4 minute delays with only about 40 seconds being added extra.

Astonishing.

Can’t believe what I’ve just seen. With everything at stake for both teams as well.

very very poor from the ref

That penalty rule being enforced gives a ridiculous advantage to the taker.

How the hell are you meant to save with zero forward momentum? Start behind the line? 

Really needs looking at.

Expect to see a lot of retakes/cards next year.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

That penalty rule being enforced gives a ridiculous advantage to the taker.

How the hell are you meant to save with zero forward momentum? Start behind the line? 

Really needs looking at.

Expect to see a lot of retakes/cards next year.

A penalty should favour the striker. I’d sooner refs were strict with keepers - almost guaranteeing a goal - than sending players off in a double punishment that ruins the rest of the game.

Of course, penalties given incorrectly undermine this logic!

Just now, Stuart said:

A penalty should favour the striker. I’d sooner refs were strict with keepers - almost guaranteeing a goal - than sending players off in a double punishment that ruins the rest of the game.

Of course, penalties given incorrectly undermine this logic!

They already do!

I’ve been very disappointed with the technical quality most of all. I’ve tried to give it a proper chance but I’m finding it almost impossible to watch. If I wanted to watch players ‘play for the shirt’, I’d go down to pleasy every Sunday morning, but at the end of the day, that’s not what it’s all about.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tom said:

That’s the refs mistake not VAR though 

Agree although we have had VAR around for about 2 years throughout Europe and this happens all the time.

It's not a new occurrence, hasn't been addressed yet and I fear it's going to happen time and time again.

That ref tonight should be dropped from the tournament immediately.

As for VAR in general, dont get me started on the disallowed England goal against Holland !!

Edited by Hasta

Apart from the new 'one foot on the line' business. What exactly ARE the penalty rules?

I take it they have done away with the encroachment into the penalty area rule? Both France and Brazil had players encroaching in the box when the takers struck their recent match winning penalities.