BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Your expectations for the coming Season...

12 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nuttall I reckon. Hopefully he gets a good move to a team who will be competing and creating plenty of chances. Could do him the world of good

Que dorks coming in saying we should loan Brereton in 5...4...3....2.....

Can't help yourself.

12 hours ago, Biz said:

Wouldn’t be too surprised to see one of Nuttall or Samuel to go out on loan for 6 months to league 1.

I actually think Samuel will play a big part next season. He will be desperate to impress having missed last season. I see him with 10/12 goals most of which will come from the bench. 

4 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I actually think Samuel will play a big part next season. He will be desperate to impress having missed last season. I see him with 10/12 goals most of which will come from the bench. 

You think a player who struggled in league one and has been injured for over a year will come back into our side and hit 10-12 goals... from the bench. He’s only scored 20 in his whole six year career . That’s boardering on ridiculous . 

I wish I could be as optimistic as you matey 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

You think a player who struggled in league one and has been injured for over a year will come back into our side and hit 10-12 goals... from the bench. He’s only scored 20 in his whole six year career . That’s boardering on ridiculous . 

I think people watched a lot of Samuel's instagram posts during pre-season last year and think he's going to light it up.

If he wasn't deemed good enough to play in his actual position in league 1 then there's no way he should now. A move to a League 1 club would suit both parties, he must be desperate for some game time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Fully fit the guy couldn't make much of an impact on league 1 although he fell victim to the right wing striker curse and did have a few decent shifts up top just before he got injured to be fair.

As for goals he's a poor finisher and always has been I think the best that could happen is turn him into a big grafter he has the size and mobility to cause problems for certain defences like that but not sure he'll have that work rate attitude week in week out.  Best option for all would be get fit and move him out on a long loan but as we know he'll be trumpeted like a new signing, one of these that gets better in the length of his absence.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I think there's a player in there who can contribute at Championship level. The trouble for him is that last season is when he was going to get the most opportunity to do so. His injury robbed him of the chance to kick on, but I don't think we have the luxury to wait around if we want to progress next season for me.

For me, both him and Nutall would be going out on loan, with Graham, Brereton, Gally (or another new signing) and if necessary Armstrong/Butterworth as our options up front. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

People talk about Samuel like he's some kind of youngster - he's 25! He's scored 20 goals in his entire career and next season he's going to bag 10-12? Come on now. There's optimism and then there's madness. If Samuel plays a significant part next season then we will have failed in our recruitment.

• Like 2

I think similar to last season is my expectation. Just below halfway, but well clear of relegation.

If we are lucky with injuries we can sneak into the top half.

If we are unlucky with injuries we could be in the relegation scrap

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Fully fit the guy couldn't make much of an impact on league 1 although he fell victim to the right wing striker curse and did have a few decent shifts up top just before he got injured to be fair.

As for goals he's a poor finisher and always has been I think the best that could happen is turn him into a big grafter he has the size and mobility to cause problems for certain defences like that but not sure he'll have that work rate attitude week in week out.  Best option for all would be get fit and move him out on a long loan but as we know he'll be trumpeted like a new signing, one of these that gets better in the length of his absence.

He's doesn;t have the attitude on the pitch to be a work horse. He's a sulker, too easy for a defender to wind him up, when its going against him he gives up.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Don't give Tony any ideas, he'll be tweeting out its 12 months since his injury, it's like a new signing...photo in new kit to follow.   2 new signings today

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Don't give Tony any ideas, he'll be tweeting out its 12 months since his injury, it's like a new signing...photo in new kit to follow.   2 new signings today

Yea, because the manager is completely in control of all social media output. 

Theres this thing called thinking before you speak...

• Like 1

On 02/07/2019 at 09:26, tomphil said:

My memory of Samuel is of League One centre halves bullying him off the ball. I fear he'll be even easier meat for Championship centre halves.

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

This wave of people constantly trying to take the moral high ground is getting really boring.

100%  ?

On topic I think we might surprise a few people and have a good start similar to last season before we maybe run out of wind or the brakes get put on.  Be nice to get some points on the board again early doors after it saved us in the bad run last season.

Edited by tomphil

19 hours ago, mac5630 said:

...I expect us to be within 3-5 points off the play offs with a month of the season to go... COYB ?

In which case playing three relegation haunted teams in our last three fixtures will kill that...

The way I see it is like this,

We have more or less the same squad of players.

We have the same man in charge (TM) and he will more or less use the same old tactics ie hoofball aka hit and hope.

He will also more or less constantly fiddle with the team in an attempt to counter all the "tough teams" we will be facing.

Before every game he will motivate our lads by pointing out the strengths of the opposition, which is more or less the opposite of motivation.

So unless we have an influx of a number good players with defence a priority I have the feeling that our position in the league at the end of the season will be the same as it was last year......... more or less.

After the last game of last season I was reasonably optimistic. Now im not at all. The current squad will be fighting to stay up rather than looking at the top 6.

Worrying that talk of incomings seems to have completely fizzled out now.