BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Damien Johnson Promoted

48 minutes ago, rigger said:

It is not the system of internal promotion that is flawed. It is a case of having the correct people in place. Internal promotion of correctly qualified and experienced people happens in every industry, worldwide.

Any recent Championship division coach to manager examples?

Qualifications mean very little in football management which is a world unto itself. 

Just now, JHRover said:

Qualifications mean very little in football management which is a world unto itself. 

Why does it matter? 

Would McCarthy or Pulis do any better with our squad? I would say no. 

We need a Manager/head coach who will bring through our academy players into the 1st team more and more with our situation with FFP. 

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So why have an interview process.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Why does it matter? 

Would McCarthy or Pulis do any better with our squad? I would say no. 

We need a Manager/head coach who will bring through our academy players into the 1st team more and more with our situation with FFP. 

No we don't. We need a manager/head coach who can get us promoted. It matters because every season we don't go up the club is another £15 million in the red and closer to oblivion. We haven't got time to gamble on experiments and youth and play youngsters to increase their values. If they are good enough then a manager will play them. Just like Mccarthy, for example, did many times at Ipswich. Why does Johnson offer a better chance of youth progression? Surely the key is a manager who knows how best to phase them in.

Our 'situation with FFP' is a myth. No other club has appointed their reserve team manager as a solution to combat it.

I would say Mccarthy and Pulis would do better with this squad, yes. Their records at this level suggest that is likely because they've been there and done it elsewhere.

• Like 2

Just now, rigger said:

So why have an interview process.

Every manager that gets interviewed will have the necessary qualifications. John Coleman will have similar coaching badges to Jose Mourinho. 

Many clubs don't have an interview process. They identify who they want and headhunt them. Man City didn't have interviews for their manager. Their owners wanted Guardiola and did what was required to get him.

Its only those clubs who don't really.know what they want or what they are doing who run interviews to help them decide.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Every manager that gets interviewed will have the necessary qualifications. John Coleman will have similar coaching badges to Jose Mourinho. 

Many clubs don't have an interview process. They identify who they want and headhunt them. Man City didn't have interviews for their manager. Their owners wanted Guardiola and did what was required to get him.

Its only those clubs who don't really.know what they want or what they are doing who run interviews to help them decide.

So qualifications do matter 

Just now, JHRover said:

No we don't. We need a manager/head coach who can get us promoted. It matters because every season we don't go up the club is another £15 million in the red and closer to oblivion. We haven't got time to gamble on experiments and youth and play youngsters to increase their values. If they are good enough then a manager will play them. Just like Mccarthy, for example, did many times at Ipswich. Why does Johnson offer a better chance of youth progression? Surely the key is a manager who knows how best to phase them in.

Our 'situation with FFP' is a myth. No other club has appointed their reserve team manager as a solution to combat it.

I would say Mccarthy and Pulis would do better with this squad, yes. Their records at this level suggest that is likely because they've been there and done it elsewhere.

When did either got a side promote from this league? About 2008?

Pulis couldn't get Boro up in 18 months and Ipswich didnt under McCarthy. 

Johnson is the 1st team coach of this team. He is my 1st choice. You disagree with me just like I do with McCarthy and Pulis suggestions. Yesterday men for me. 

Bringing through our academy players is important part of any manager remit at this club with the amount of investment we are making every season. 

FFP rules are there. If people are right and we are close to the line then even more important to focus on bringing the youth more. FFP is a myth? 

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

But Man City situation and wealth of the club. Plus when City have 2 ex Barca board members has CEO and Director of Football they were always going to have Pep Guardiola as manager..

When did either got a side promote from this league? About 2008?

Pulis couldn't get Boro up in 18 months and Ipswich didnt under McCarthy. 

Johnson is the 1st team coach of this team. He is my 1st choice. You disagree with me just like I do with McCarthy and Pulis suggestions. Yesterday men for me. 

Bringing through our academy players is important part of any manager remit at this club with the amount of investment we are making every season. 

FFP rules are there. If people are right and we are close to the line then even more important to focus on bringing the youth more. FFP is a myth? 

Yes it is a myth. Nobody has been punished even when deliberately breaking the rules. If you are correct in the way to do things then how come nobody else has done it?

The only way to sort our finances out is promotion. We need to do everything possible to achieve that. Effectively becoming a glorified academy to sell players to balance the books is not only unsustainable but will pretty much guarantee promotion won't happen. And we will still lose millions a year.

McCarthy was managing the Irish national team a couple of months ago and in a normal world would be leading them to euro 2020. Not bad for yesterday's man.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes it is a myth. Nobody has been punished even when deliberately breaking the rules. If you are correct in the way to do things then how come nobody else has done it?

The only way to sort our finances out is promotion. We need to do everything possible to achieve that. Effectively becoming a glorified academy to sell players to balance the books is not only unsustainable but will pretty much guarantee promotion won't happen. And we will still lose millions a year.

McCarthy was managing the Irish national team a couple of months ago and in a normal world would be leading them to euro 2020. Not bad for yesterday's man.

Havent clubs been place transfer embargo like Charlton in January? 

McCarthy's Ireland team havent even qualified for the Euros yet. Have 4 playoffs games to play yet? And didnt Ireland FA binned McCarthy for Stephen Kenny to take over? 

I wouldnt McCarthy here. You would. We ain't going to agree to lets just agree to disagree

No one has said we should become a glorified academy to sell players to balance the books. But to bring through into the 1st team like Derby or Forest are doing. 

No one has said we should become a glorified academy to sell players to balance the books. But to bring through into the 1st team like Derby or Forest are doing. 

Forest and Derby have spent millions and appointed high profile managers. So why don't we do similar whilst also bringing a few through from the academy? 

Derby also rumoured to have broken the FFP rules you are so afraid of.

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Forest and Derby have spent millions and appointed high profile managers. So why don't we do similar whilst also bringing a few through from the academy? 

Derby also rumoured to have broken the FFP rules you are so afraid of.

Afraid of FFP? I dont think so but EFL clubs wanted these rules in. I wanted them scrap. 

How is Lamouchi high profile? Had you even heard of him before this season? 

We aren't going to agree on next manager appointment when it happens. You want Pulis or McCarthy type and I don't. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Afraid of FFP? I dont think so but EFL clubs wanted these rules in. I wanted them scrap. 

How is Lamouchi high profile? Had you even heard of him before this season? 

We aren't going to agree on next manager appointment when it happens. You want Pulis or McCarthy type and I don't. 

No I hadn't heard of him. But he had coached in the French top division and at international level. A bit different to reserve teams.

I just want our next manager to have some sort of pedigree or track record of success. I don't particularly care what his title is, whether he is from Barnsley or Brazil. Just to have some belief that it might be successful and that we have some idea what we are doing as a club.

Following the old mantra of promote a coach from within because it is easy, cheap and the fans will buy it is in my view a disaster waiting to happen.