BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Johnson Signs.

• Herbie6590 unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, wanderingrover said:

That pass last night early in the build up to the second goal! Something we haven't had in that area of the field since Cairney

Said this in the other thread, thought he was excellent first half. Constantly trying to get on the ball, always looking to pass forward, organising those around him. Very impressed.

Edited by danger19_80
  • Like 4

• Herbie6590 unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's on LinkedIn touting   seriously   someone commented that they couldn't believe he was a free agent and he said "neither can i". Unless there are 2 Bradley Johnsons.

Nah, we had talks with Whiteman, just like Bauer and they didn't like Tony and Tesco

It's not him on LinkedIn.

Screenshot_20200411-151049_LinkedIn.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • Backroom

Johnson has had a few periods where his form has been good, unfortunately it's never lasted due to injuries, fitness, or just not being selected for whatever reason. Here's hoping this season will be different. He's off to a great start,

• Like 2

I thought he started last season well too, until that debacle at Derby that he 'wasn't involved in" and he played like he was on the sauce ever since.

Brilliant so far this season though, a 3 man midfield looks to suit him.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I thought he started last season well too, until that debacle at Derby that he 'wasn't involved in" and he played like he was on the sauce ever since.

Yep, best player at the club for the first month or two of last season. Then one of the worst for the rest of the season. Hopefully not a repeat this season. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Yeah, was a different player after that incident. He was 'there' at the 'do' but nothing 'to do with it' apparently. 

He started to remind me of Senna, that quality Spain defensive midfielder from around 2008. Obviously a more budget Championship version, but just so physically dominant in the middle and shows quality on the ball, and drops off into the right positions.

On paper you would think the 433 would expose his lack of pace and mobility but it's actually worked really well for him because everyone is closing down like mad he can drop off and take up good positions.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

His ability was never in question but he did look unfit towards the end of games last season. Agree he looks the player I remember at Norwich this season up to now and long may it continue . Deserved his award 

Good point re the Norwich Johnson. I used to hate it when we played against him - he’d always run the show, bullying our midfielders, picking the right passes and scoring a fair few goals. However thus far he’s proved to be a bit like Evans in that he tends to play well in patches (albeit doesn’t miss matches with a sniffle). Given his age TM may need to give him the odd breather, but if he keeps this up he’ll prove once again to be one of the best CM’s in the division.

• Like 2

Got to say he's had an excellent start to this season. The games come thick & fast from next weekend so there will have to be a certain amount of squad rotation to avoid burnout; I therefore doubt he will feature from the start in all of them, but then his style is more suited to certain types of opposition than others so hopefully TM can select wisely & utilise Davenport or a loanee in his place for the so-called easier games.

9 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Got to say he's had an excellent start to this season. The games come thick & fast from next weekend so there will have to be a certain amount of squad rotation to avoid burnout; I therefore doubt he will feature from the start in all of them, but then his style is more suited to certain types of opposition than others so hopefully TM can select wisely & utilise Davenport or a loanee in his place for the so-called easier games.

The elusive and permanently ouchie-toed Corry Evans may have to risk his wildly successful international career to help us out.

Big BJ is hard as feck n’all.

Corry’s arm would’ve fallen off.

Edited by S8 & Blue