BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Raya joins Brentford

Just a perspective from a Bees fan, Raya has been top-notch since he joined us, a big upgrade on Daniel Bentley, have to assume after reading some comments from you lot on here that he has been coached extremely well since joining us, as he is a solid keeper. Decisive, great shot stopper, good in the air for someone of his stature and comfortable with the ball at his feet.  He is considered part of our 'back 5' as he plays high and passes to feet quickly. Certainly has added to our defensive solidity this season along with obvious addition of Pontus Jansson, as over the last few seasons we have been prone to major defensive lapses and clangers from the keeper.

Think most Bees fans will see Bradley Dack as your major threat but he'll be up against a decent defence tonight. Should be a good game. This early in season, I'd take a draw.

• Like 1

Just now, KTownBee said:

Just a perspective from a Bees fan, Raya has been top-notch since he joined us, a big upgrade on Daniel Bentley, have to assume after reading some comments from you lot on here that he has been coached extremely well since joining us, as he is a solid keeper. Decisive, great shot stopper, good in the air for someone of his stature and comfortable with the ball at his feet.  He is considered part of our 'back 5' as he plays high and passes to feet quickly. Certainly has added to our defensive solidity this season along with obvious addition of Pontus Jansson, as over the last few seasons we have been prone to major defensive lapses and clangers from the keeper.

Think most Bees fans will see Bradley Dack as your major threat but he'll be up against a decent defence tonight. Should be a good game. This early in season, I'd take a draw.

Our only threat unless Rothwell plays and Holtby is given a more attacking role. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well Waggott told the fans forum look into signing Karl Darlow and didnt someone on who I think was @Bbrovers2288(my apologise if wrong).said we tried for Arsenal keeper Martinez  

Also Mowbray has said today that Rovers tried fot 2 overseas keepers and we enter advance talks with them as LT says today

"What? The goalkeeping coach's only experience was 10 minutes between 2 jumpers in the playground? Serious like? That should enhance my career....no thanks...bye"

Can't blame them for not coming here.

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

"What? The goalkeeping coach's only experience was 10 minutes between 2 jumpers in the playground? Serious like? That should enhance my career....no thanks...bye"

Can't blame them for not coming here.

Have I said anything about our Goalkeeper coach? NO so why have you post it to me

Edited by chaddyrovers

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I still believe selling Raya was the right decision IMO. 

nowhere in my post you quote did I say getting a keeper on loan was right either. 

We tried for Karl Darlow from Newcastle and Arsenal keeper Martinez(as someone posted on here). 

I get that foresight is difficult for some people, but hindsight should be easy - genuinely can’t believe I’ve just read that.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, KTownBee said:

I have a feeling Raya will have an absolute stormer tonight and show everyone why Mowbray was wrong to sell him. 

It's a game where I can't see us getting anything from and will probably see the end (thank god) of Tony Mowbray. You lot shouldn't be happy with a draw as we have been piss poor all season. We have players playing out of position all over the field and look clueless as far as tactics go. I predict a 3-0 Brentford win.

Enjoy the game if you are going. 

• Like 1

Just now, RV Blue said:

I get that foresight is difficult for some people, but hindsight should be easy - genuinely can’t believe I’ve just read that.

Why just quote me when other people think the same thing

Had we bought in a good experience keeper in we wouldnt be having this debate? 

• Like 1

• Backroom
7 hours ago, KTownBee said:

I imagine Raya's improvement for you compared to us is partly down to better and clearer coaching, and partly having a more solid and reliable defence in front of him. Both would lead to a huge increase in confidence, something Raya seemed to lack towards the end of his time here. Mowbray pretty much always blames the players before turning the microscope on himself, something that is becoming more ridiculous as time goes on and the manager continues to fail at addressing our most basic issues.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

And this is why there is debate. 1) because we didn't do that and 2) because the replacement is on loan and worse. Now you might argue he is not worse - although this season's performances beg to differ - but the fact it is clearly debatable and he is on loan shows we at the very least are in a weaker position than last season. 

And if I'm honest I can't see the argument that he is better at all. A terrible lummox of a keeper. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DE. said:

I imagine Raya's improvement for you compared to us is partly down to better and clearer coaching, and partly having a more solid and reliable defence in front of him. Both would lead to a huge increase in confidence, something Raya seemed to lack towards the end of his time here. Mowbray pretty much always blames the players before turning the microscope on himself, something that is becoming more ridiculous as time goes on and the manager continues to fail at addressing our most basic issues.

Dont forget his facial injury which would have dented his confidence. That on top of our poor form for the second half of the season and TM basically blaming it on him - its no wonder he wanted a fresh start.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes because Raya will undoubtedly be playing in the Premier League soon, and will be sold for an astronomical amount compared to what we got for him. It was a bad decision from all angles.

• Like 1

I didn't have a problem with Raya being sold as he had too many mistakes in him. However if we are to improve we simply have to buy players who are better than the outgoing players or current ones.

Quite simply we haven't with this one.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I didn't have a problem with Raya being sold as he had too many mistakes in him. However if we are to improve we simply have to buy players who are better than the outgoing players or current ones.

Quite simply we haven't with this one.

Name a keeper at this level that doesn’t have mistakes in him? You’ve been watching too much of Alisson and Ederson.

• 2 months later...

I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton!I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton!I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton!

It's just that his mistakes at Brentford are costing them far less.

It really was that bad.842141007_CalamityRaya.jpg.c8a2f57481fe2a79adccc83b619748fa.jpgCalamityRaya.jpg.88484a7df3c55746a20603c862f42268.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Husky said:

I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton!I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton!I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton! I repeat David Raya is no better than Walton!

It really was that bad.842141007_CalamityRaya.jpg.c8a2f57481fe2a79adccc83b619748fa.jpgCalamityRaya.jpg.88484a7df3c55746a20603c862f42268.jpg

Hands up all those outfield players on here who have never done something similar. I know I have.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Everyone makes mistakes, highlighted even more when you're a goalkeeper. 

There is no doubt about it, David Raya is having an absolutely brilliant season and I for one am pleased for him and wish he was still here.

28 games played with a clean sheet ratio of 36%. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Madon said:

Everyone makes mistakes, highlighted even more when you're a goalkeeper. 

There is no doubt about it, David Raya is having an absolutely brilliant season and I for one am pleased for him and wish he was still here.

28 games played with a clean sheet ratio of 36%. 

He has made several mistakes that have led to his team conceding goals tho off the top of my head theres this one and the one vs millwall that I've seen and I dont really pay brentford much attention.

32 minutes ago, Husky said:

Terrible mistake no doubt about it. 

Walton has just as many mistakes in him though, with less talent at shot stopping, and isn't ours so future improvement is irrevent. Not sure this means we should be pleased with our current number 1 whatsoever 

BUT the best case scenario with Raya leaving us is it's fine if we get a better keeper in. We haven't so even if Raya is dodgy (still think he can become a good keeper mind) we're no better off. Hardly cause to celebrate. 

• Like 3