BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rangers fan here

Hi guys Rangers fan here

really looking forward to having you guys up in Glasgow. According to your fan who was on our forum you are bringing a good crowd up. He said that you had sold out in your allocation but I think that you are able to pay at the gate for the game. 

Imagine we will have a decent support but nowhere near our usual numbers of supporters. 

I certainly wouldn’t worry about any trouble. You will get a warm welcome from us Rangers lads. 

Edited by Rangers Fan
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, Rangers Fan said:

Hi guys Rangers fan here

really looking forward to having you guys up in Glasgow. According to your fan who was on our forum you are bringing a good crowd up. He said that you had sold out in your allocation but I think that you are able to pay at the gate for the game. 

Imagine we will have a decent support but nowhere near our usual numbers of supporters. 

I certainly wouldn’t worry about any trouble. You will get a warm welcome from us Rangers lads. 

I heard on Sunday from a Rangers supporting friend that Morelos could be going for £20m and Daniel Sturridge coming in as his replacement on a three year deal.

Have you heard anything?

You don't really understand how big either old firm club is until you live in Scotland. Every town Is full of both sets of fans. Which adds to the uncompetitiveness of the league.  I think it's compulsory that the closer you get to glasgow it becomes law to wear club branded memorabilia. Anyway I'm travelling over from fife and can't wait. Although I expect the game to be full of reserves due to rangers European commitments. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blue n whites said:

You don't really understand how big either old firm club is until you live in Scotland. Every town Is full of both sets of fans. Which adds to the uncompetitiveness of the league.  I think it's compulsory that the closer you get to glasgow it becomes law to wear club branded memorabilia. Anyway I'm travelling over from fife and can't wait. Although I expect the game to be full of reserves due to rangers European commitments. 

I worked in Motherwell for ten years and it used to piss supporters of the local team off no end to see bus loads of people heading to Glasgow every weekend to watch one of the Old Firm.

We get it to a lesser extent with United and Liverpool fans in East Lancs, but it is in significantly greater numbers in Scotland.

Completely unhealthy.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I'd argue Tugay and Amoruso negate him nicely.

Agreed; but have to confess that Exiled_Rover's post made me lol.

I like a man who's got a long memory, specially on Rovers' behalf!?

52 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

We get it to a lesser extent with United and Liverpool fans in East Lancs, but it is in significantly greater numbers in Scotland.

Completely unhealthy.

It’s everywhere in England, east Lancs isn’t as bad as many places, and getting worse. 

A coulple of generations and I fear for local football clubs.

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I'd argue Tugay and Amoruso negate him nicely.

I don't know about Amoruso :lol: a cult favourite for sure but I don't remember him being a great defender. Tugay on the other hand, absolutely.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

It’s everywhere in England, east Lancs isn’t as bad as many places, and getting worse. 

A coulple of generations and I fear for local football clubs.

... especially where they appear to have been bought by someone who's no real interest in the club.

I was born in Blackpool and still have friends there. One of them was a staunch member of NAPM - Not A Penny More - who boycotted the club during its ownership by the Oyston family. He and I discussed on a number of occasions the effect the boycott had on the rising generation of Pool fans - if he wasn't going, then there was nobody to take his grandchildren to games at Bloomfield Road.

So they would never get into the way of seeing their local team. And they'd then become 'fans' of, probably, one of the Premier League clubs in Manchester; but only via the media.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I heard on Sunday from a Rangers supporting friend that Morelos could be going for £20m and Daniel Sturridge coming in as his replacement on a three year deal.

Have you heard anything?

All rumor really

there has been a lot of interest in Alfredo Morelos for a while now as he is banging in the goals. Sturridge has been linked but no sure how true it is. He would probably be on ridiculous wages

Me and my Rangers supporting mate are off to this. looking forward to seeing a new stadium. 

Unfortunately we sold out our allocation straight away so I'm having to sit with the home fans! Hopefully I wont get found out!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, benhben said:

Me and my Rangers supporting mate are off to this. looking forward to seeing a new stadium. 

Unfortunately we sold out our allocation straight away so I'm having to sit with the home fans! Hopefully I wont get found out!

Sure you’ll no be the only one!

nobody will care with it being a friendly mate. Hopefully you’ll won’t have any moments to cheer anyway??

Only kidding enjoy the game??

We’ve just one 4-0 in our Europa League qualifier in Gibraltar. A fairly easy game

We won’t be playing our best team against you guys . But sure it will be  a good match anyway

What kind of team will Rovers most likely put out?

Edited by Rangers Fan

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Back in the early 80’s I live din Scotland as I was in the armed forces always made us servicemen welcome to Ibrox

Anyone who did there part of Britain will always be welcome ????

Edited by Rangers Fan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rangers Fan said:

We’ve just one 4-0 in our Europa League qualifier in Gibraltar. A fairly easy game

We won’t be playing our best team against you guys . But sure it will be  a good match anyway

One with an average age of 32.? You never know Tugay may be A trialist for us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rangers Fan said:

Now there's a hell of a question to answer, RF! I'm not saying your guess is as good as ours, but we've had the pre-season from Hell.

Last Saturday, in our first friendly, we beat a team from the National League [= League Three, if you know what I mean.] The next game we should have played - this coming Sunday v. League One Rochdale -has been called off because their pitch isn't playable.

We've a game a week tomorrow at Mansfield Town, who got to the League Two Play-offs, followed by our trip to Ibrox. Midweek after that, there's a game scheduled against Bury, who were promoted from League Two at the end of last season - but seem to have imploded since - so we've real doubts about that game taking place, also. 

Our final friendly - v. Blackpool [another League One team] - is arranged for the Saturday after we play you. And the weekend after that, the new season starts!?

So our game at Ibrox will probably be the strongest opposition we'll face in these friendlies, even if you field a few Reserves. So our team should be close to the one with which the manager intends to start our League season.

However, if you look at some of the other threads on here, quite a lot of us who'll be at the game query whether the team he picks a week on Sunday is actually the team that should be playing either you, or Charlton Athletic in our first League game.

In short, we need to sign a new goalkeeper and strong centre-half in the next 10 days or the 'joke' of fielding a 3-6-1 team might well come true.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I worked in Motherwell for ten years and it used to piss supporters of the local team off no end to see bus loads of people heading to Glasgow every weekend to watch one of the Old Firm.

Completely unhealthy.

Same sort of story here. Before living in dunfermline I lived in dundee. A city roughly the size of blackburn and has 2 of the bigger teams in scotland. Who roughly speaking can muster between 5k and 10k fans depending on the success at the time. 

Celtic actually had a club shop on the seagate for the entire 6 years of my stay there. But thankfully it's closed down. 

5 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

Same sort of story here. Before living in dunfermline I lived in dundee. A city roughly the size of blackburn and has 2 of the bigger teams in scotland. Who roughly speaking can muster between 5k and 10k fans depending on the success at the time. 

Between them or each?