BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rangers fan here

On 10/07/2019 at 18:03, Rangers Fan said:

Any score predictions or how do you guys fancy your chances?

If we were to play you in a competitive game, both teams full strength it would be close I reckon. Could go either way. Although my gut feeling is ye would edge it due to having more of a winning mentality. 

I'm from Ireland myself. Not a Celtic fan although it's obligatory I favour them over Rangers. You must be happy enough with the Lennon appointment? I can't belive they didn't go for someone like Benitez when so close to 10 in a row. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AAK said:

Bit annoying how they only gave us 1650 tickets and they all sold straight away, part of stadium is closed. We could have shifted 1.5 times that, probably over 3k, many more if not a sunday friendly. If rangers came here wed have given them more.

I asked a Rangers fan on a football Facebook site as to why we couldn’t have been given a few more tickets. The reply was that it was on police advice. Not that Rovers fans are expected to cause any trouble, just that the police tend to set the limit. 

I have seen photos from Rangers’ recent home game against Oxford, who sold around 1000 tickets. The Oxford fans had the usual corner and a couple of rows of the Broomloan Stand which is the stand behind the nets. The Broomloan Stand was sparsely populated, so if any Rovers fans were to buy tickets for this stand, on the day, I’m sure they would just be able to tag on to the main Rovers allocation.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If we were to play you in a competitive game, both teams full strength it would be close I reckon. Could go either way. Although my gut feeling is ye would edge it due to having more of a winning mentality. 

I'm from Ireland myself. Not a Celtic fan although it's obligatory I favour them over Rangers. You must be happy enough with the Lennon appointment? I can't belive they didn't go for someone like Benitez when so close to 10 in a row. 

Yes 100% almost showing lack of ambition to really push on imo. 

And I  feel that with the squad we are building now this could be the year we at least put a proper real challenge at the title. Showed it a bit last season beating them 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rangers Fan said:

Yes 100% almost showing lack of ambition to really push on imo. 

And I  feel that with the squad we are building now this could be the year we at least put a proper real challenge at the title. Showed it a bit last season beating them 

I think Lennon being appointed is a massive boost for Rangers.  Celtic will only go downhill under him.  I know a lot of Celtic fans through mutual support of St Pauli and to a man they were distraught about this.  Could be a way back in for your lot as I can’t see anyone else challenging next year.  TBH I thought Hearts could have beaten them in the cup final despite being the worst Hearts side for a while.

• Like 4

Lennon was a backward step in many ways. It was very much the safe, tedious 'we are happy just to boss the Scottish scene' appointment. Who knows, Puel, Benitez, Blanc or some other name may have been up for it, knowing all they had to do was beat Rangers and get to the Champions League group stage and not get slapped.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I had a sneaking feeling the allocation was influenced by the Police,real shame as Rovers don't have a bad reputation with our travelling fans.

What do you expect the crowd to be Rangers fan?..I see they have been doing some improvements to Ibrox close Season too.

Would imagine a crowd of 20/25 thousand for this kind of game. Nowhere near our usual numbers but not bad for pre season

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'd like nothing more than see Lennon flunk badly at Celtic, horrible turkey and the Stokes saga is still fresh in the mind. Wonder how much he made out of that for his back pocket.

Allegedly, of course!?

On 12/07/2019 at 02:44, The Hypnotic said:

Has anybody got an idea of how to watch this online? I’m not looking for illegal links of course ? but does anybody know if it’s going to be on ifollow  or any betting sites?

This from the Scottish Sun say's it might be on Rangers TV as they showed the previous two friendlies

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4486322/rangers-blackburn-ibrox-tv-channel-live-stream/

It was 12 quid to watch the Marseille game https://rangers.co.uk/tv/access-denied.php?c=archive&it=17456&act=watch

• Like 2

On 12/07/2019 at 21:08, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I had a sneaking feeling the allocation was influenced by the Police,real shame as Rovers don't have a bad reputation with our travelling fans.

What do you expect the crowd to be Rangers fan?..I see they have been doing some improvements to Ibrox close Season too.

We do have some bloody idiots who follow us who are not worthy of representing our club or colours??

• Like 1

Also some information regarding the club shop at Ibrox. 

any Rovers fan looking to buy anything Rangers fans would like to ask you not to buy it at the megastore at Ibrox. 

Reasons in simple

our 'megastore', I.E. Club shop at the stadium is currently a no-go. We're still in a bitter legal dispute with Mike Ashley over our retail side of things, so the shop at the stadium is currently a Sports Direct that hasn't been restocked for at least two years - would respectfully ask that any Rovers fans who are looking to buy a souveneirs or anything.  We would guide them away from there and towards the Rangers Store in the city centre, right beside St Enoch subway.

Edited by Rangers Fan
Cocked up the spelling
  • Like 6

Just now, Rangers Fan said:

Many Rovers fan looking to buy anything Rangers fans would like to ask you not to buy it at the megastore at Ibrox. 

Reasons in simple

our 'megastore', I.E. Club shop at the stadium is currently a no-go. We're still in a bitter legal dispute with Mike Ashley over our retail side of things, so the shop at the stadium is currently a Sports Direct that hasn't been restocked for at least two years - would respectfully ask that any Rovers fans who are looking to buy a souveneirs or anything.  We would guide them away from there and towards the Rangers Store in the city centre, right beside St Enoch subway.

We had his lot running our store a few years back, shocking it was as well.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Rangers Fan said:

any Rovers fan looking to buy anything Rangers fans would like to ask you not to buy it at the megastore at Ibrox. 

Reasons in simple

No disrespect but I wouldn't buy any souvenirs from rangers, you're not exactly Barcelona or real Madrid. Though I prefer u to Celtic even though I can't stand Steven Gerrard, such a sycophant 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, roverandout said:

No disrespect but I wouldn't buy any souvenirs from rangers, you're not exactly Barcelona or real Madrid. Though I prefer u to Celtic even though I can't stand Steven Gerrard, such a sycophant 

Didn’t really expect anyone to be. But it was just a warning as some fans might want something from a decent away trip to a stadium that many might not have been to. 

Just incase anyone was we would rather the money went back into Rangers FC rather than that fat greedy so and so’s pocket

Edited by Rangers Fan
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Rangers Fan said:

Didn’t really expect anyone to be. But it was just a warning as some fans might want something from a decent away trip to a stadium that many might not have been to. 

Just incase anyone was we would rather the money went back into Rangers FC rather than that fat greedy so and so’s pocket

Ok no offense intended..I've always liked rangers more because they don't think they are a huge club compared to the big boys in Europe like Celtic fans think they are

• Like 1

The only souvenirs I've collected at Ibrokes were a fine shower of pee from the upper tier above and a punch on the side of the head for wearing an away scarf. Although that was the old team.

However, can't say I found the other half of the biggot sisters much better.

Hopefully they'll behave as it is only a friendly.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Quite funny, they dont even think it will be close. I saw 7-1, 6-0, 4-0 in there. Almost all of them think its going to be a drubbing.

Their manager is still probably their best player by a mile but that said, we dont have a keeper or much of a defence so it could possibly happen.