BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rangers fan here

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Rangers are quite a charitable club, employing a senile bumbler as a commentator. Poor guy is confused by the number 10 on the front of the shirts, and thinks that it must be something to do with the sponsor. Charlie Adam scored two goals against Macclesfield last week. Evans is the former Hull stalwart. Bell is Bennett. He reminds me of that old bloke who used to pass comment on Radio Rovers in the 90s/00s, and at least even he was a bit cynical of certain things at Rovers. This guy is a fanatic.

Thank God for Warren Lucy and the other guy we have.

We don’t have names on shirts would you know a rangers 11 from your head?

Daft post. He’s been spot on 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

I can only see us getting a battering today, Rangers 4 wins from 4 so far, goals galore too, F 19 A 0.

Might not be a bad thing if we do though, concentrate the mind on getting better defenders in.

Good point made

Advanced issues found

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Rangers are quite a charitable club, employing a senile bumbler as a commentator. Poor guy is confused by the number 10 on the front of the shirts, and thinks that it must be something to do with the sponsor. Charlie Adam scored two goals against Macclesfield last week. Evans is the former Hull stalwart. Bell is Bennett. He reminds me of that old bloke who used to pass comment on Radio Rovers in the 90s/00s, and at least even he was a bit cynical of certain things at Rovers. This guy is a fanatic.

Thank God for Warren Lucy and the other guy we have.

Ageism isnt nice and being 67 close to my heart

• Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

It was Lenihan. Tony needs to make some changes at HT - we look like a pub team.

Rangers are like Leeds and Norwich we played we just can’t keep up mentally let alone physically we can’t get the ball. 

• Like 2

It does look like weve had zero pre season. Johnson looks gone already. 

The fact Mowbeay has picked the oldest dullest least progressive team he possible could just compounds it. Really cant understand his thinking. 

Hopefully there will be changes at half time and this isn't what he thinks is the best side.

• Like 1

Awful starting line up.

Awful kit (how long until the players start blaming it?).

Awful football.

Really awful decision making all over the pitch.

The only crumb of hope from the Rangers TV co-commentator “[Rovers] are treating this like a friendly while Rangers are treating it like a competitive fixture”.

We need a new goalkeeper and at least one new centre back but a new left back is also looking like being a greater priority. We have not addressed the problems of last season that lead to our poor GA column.

Too many players still dining out on the great team spirit that got us promoted from the third tier.

• Like 5

Just now, den said:

The players look uninspired and stale. Not surprising really considering summer business.

The two new signings look like they need a bloody boot camp, not just a pre-season touch up! That’s my fear with signing all these oldies - we’ve got Johnson, Mulgrew, Downing and Graham out there, they all look gassed.  It’s concerning.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

The two new signings look like they need a bloody boot camp, not just a pre-season touch up! That’s my fear with signing all these oldies - we’ve got Johnson, Mulgrew, Downing and Graham out there, it’s concerning.

and shunted Dack and Armstrong out of position with Bennett picking up the pieces in defence and Evans... doing whatever it is that Evans does.

Nothing. Has. Changed.

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 1

Just now, den said:

The players look uninspired and stale. Not surprising really considering summer business.

We really REALLY need an inspiring signing. I just don’t think that’s Mowbray’s style. Soldiers on the field and artists in the dugout.

We are potentially heading into this new season in as pessimistic mood as when Bowyer ran out of money and time.

There is a lot of responsibility now on Gallagher to be the catalyst for some excitement.

• Like 2

We can forget about any dream talk of the play offs unless we make some real signings before the window shuts. This team screams bottom half - I even think it may flirt with relegation if it’s this lineup most weeks.

"Flirt" with relegation?

As I said a month or two back I'd snap anyone's hand off for 21st before a ball is kicked.

The best thing for us long term might be if we are struggling badly early on and Mowbray is gone before November then a new man will have enough time to get us out of trouble and players like Nyambe, Travis, Chapman and Rothwell might get a look in.

• Like 1