BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rangers fan here

The main problem for me is tactically Mowbray has got it horribly wrong. We need 3 in the centre of midfield to win the most important battle on the pitch but instead we only have 2. Dack and Graham are effectively a front 2 with Armstrong and Downing not too keen on tracking back. This leaves Evan's and Johnson having to cope with the whole of Rangers midfield, always going to be a losing battle! Having such a poor defence and goalie behind doesn't help either.

Edited by robbojohnno

Rangers when they have the ball play with real intent. Rovers treating it like a friendly 

Couldn’t be more right as Steve Davis takes a five second look over his right shoulder and casually flick the ball 30 yards to his right in acres of space

• Like 1

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Leutwiler has pulled off a couple of good saves. On evidence so far from his time at Rovers, I think he's very reasonable back-up. The goal should have been dealt with by the defenders. Defoe getting in a header (I think?) is a bit criminal.

Evans has looked sharp - puts in some good tackles and looks a pace ahead of the rest. Mulgrew always looks composed without ever really looking like a defender when it comes to the crunch. Johnson doesn't look match-fit. 

Quite like our new kits. Something a bit different, just as many clubs do with their away kits. I think it's OK.

Evans?! Sharp?!?!  The best I can say for him is he manages to make it look like he's doing a lot without actually doing much at all, mainly by putting himself about a bit.  Has to be one of the most pedestrian players I've seen at Rovers over the years, I honestly have no idea what positive attributes he contributes to the team besides scurrying about a bit.  Travis already looking a clear improvement in the centre of the park.

As for the others, Johnson off the pace, Bennett offers bugger all a right back (or anywhere), and crikey it's scary how poor Bell is in almost every department.  He looks panicked and lacking in composure whilst simultaneously looking so laidback that if he was any more so he'd be horizontal.

Great save Leutwiler.  Keeping us in the game atm.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

It was Lenihan. Tony needs to make some changes at HT - we look like a pub team. Can’t get near them.

Oh they said Mulgrew on Sky.

• Backroom

Fantastic, if you get a goal you want it to be through strong work by Rothwell, Brereton and Travis, two of them proving they should be starting and Brereton pushing on 

• Like 2