BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rangers fan here

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Reporting live outside Queens st match finished1-1 deserved draw in the end . Observations Lenihan and Mulgrew cannot play together, Bennett is not a right back and Bell is low on confidence. Midfield needs Travis alongside Johnson. Graham looks unfit to me. Positives were the subs esp Buckley he is good enough NOW so play him or lose him. Sad but true why do morons who don stone island gear turn into utter cretins? We do not need such dicks following us away 

Great support 1864 - ignore dicks they appear everywhere - safe travel home :rover:

Forgot to mention Jayson the keeper was awful The Dack was off his game Evans was atrocious and the defence was pulled all over other than that the food at Pizza Hut is fabulous after a few beers???

Fully loaded lad!

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

The game changed when we brought on our best midfielders - it's clear as day who 9 of our 11 best starters are (until people are signed). Mowbray always takes 70 minutes to get them on the field together though. 

I think he genuinely believes in this ‘moments’ lark. He would rather keep a game at nil-nil for 70-80 minutes and the play football for 10-20 minutes.

Trouble is, that theory evaporated when we concede goals regularly in the first 20 minutes of games.

We’ve always been at our best when we attack teams. Get a goal, get a second, and keep playing attacking football. Players like Lowe, Evans, Smallwood should be the consolidation players to sees game out.

Unless you have the quality of players of a Chelsea or an Arsenal, with the ability and levels of concentration required, you will struggle to see games out 1-0.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Listen look back over the messages and tell me what have I said that's wrong. I pulled someone for saying they weren't gonna watch the game because Corey Evans was starting. 

Since then I have been accused of being his brother, being biased because I'm Northern Irish (which I'm not) etc etc. 

I personally think it was petty behavior. 

Now enjoy your Sunday and stop melting my head 

No head melting necessary but if you can’t see why Evans isn’t the most popular player on this messageboard, stick round.

By the way, “Biz” doesn’t like your post either, he just likes that you’ve had a go at me.

Enjoy your Sunday too. And tell Corry it’s nothing personal. :tu: 

• Like 1

Good workout for Rovers against a decent side, shame most on here don’t understand a friendly game ,it  means giving players game time who are behind others, trying different tactics, making sure everyone is getting fit and up to speed, the result is irrelevant, 3rd August is all that matters, judge the team after 8 matches and let’s see if we’ve improved from last season, do you remember the friendly matches from 94/95, not good results but a great season, but seemed everyone had more patience then....

• Like 5

Just now, unsall said:

Good workout for Rovers against a decent side, shame most on here don’t understand a friendly game ,it  means giving players game time who are behind others, trying different tactics, making sure everyone is getting fit and up to speed, the result is irrelevant, 3rd August is all that matters, judge the team after 8 matches and let’s see if we’ve improved from last season, do you remember the friendly matches from 94/95, not good results but a great season, but seemed everyone had more patience then....

I’m sure everyone knows that, to be fair...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

No head melting necessary but if you can’t see why Evans isn’t the most popular player on this messageboard, stick round.

By the way, “Biz” doesn’t like your post either, he just likes that you’ve had a go at me.

Enjoy your Sunday too. And tell Corry it’s nothing personal. :tu: 

My last post on this subject. 

I wasnt having a go at you or anyone else, other than the poster that said he wasn't watching the game because Evans was starting. This is the most childish statement I have ever heard and I called someone up on that. 

For the record I'm not even a massive fan of Evans, I think he has his use a squad player. But I certainly don't think he should be a regular starter with the current options we have. Travis, Johnson etc.

I was lucky enough to get to a number of games early last season because I was in England regularly for work and Evans was one of our best players (apart from Dack). And we picked up some really good results in those games. 

I hope this clears things up. I'm away for for pints 

Edited by Roverinbelfast
  • Like 4

Pizza Hut update settled for a salad starter stuffed crust chicken supreme washed down with apple juice the tenants was griping my bowels?? still discussing the game as we head down back into God’s country Rangers have been scoring freely of recent I believe around 16 goals scored and hardly any conceded. The result today put us in good stead despite some poor performances by some players. Great turn out for ROVERS we should have had more after all we actually entered the rangers end and were shown through the stands 26k plus for a friendly isn’t too bad and shows the level of support for them all in all a good experience met some gers fans who were all very friendly and welcoming so credit to them . Finally the underground of Glasgow is an experience a right proper rattler of a train ?

• Like 5

I didn't think anyone was. I think most were just commenting on how the players were playing in that particular game, not making any judgement as to what that means for the season.

The mood of a match thread always ebbs and flows depending on the score and how we're doing in that particular 10 minutes. As it ever was all across the internet, terraces and pubs across the land, friendly game or not.

Just seen the Rangers goal no surprise that it came down the right hand side, what on earth is Bennett still doing attempting to play as a full back. Poor from Lenihan as well, he needs to up his game this season, he got cut a fair bit of slack last season because he was the best of a bad bunch but he also unperformed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Are you actually serious? Evans is part of our squad and thus will require game time in pre season. Ffs support the team

No. I wasnt. I watched the whole game with the fam and commented on it here during it. Sorry for wasting your time with this, everyone.

Turns out Evans is still shit though. Got our tickets for Charlton - might burn them an hour before KO if he starts ;)

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 1

Pizza Hut update settled for a salad starter stuffed crust chicken supreme washed down with apple juice the tenants was griping my bowels?? still discussing the game as we head down back into God’s country Rangers have been scoring freely of recent I believe around 16 goals scored and hardly any conceded. The result today put us in good stead despite some poor performances by some players. Great turn out for ROVERS we should have had more after all we actually entered the rangers end and were shown through the stands 26k plus for a friendly isn’t too bad and shows the level of support for them all in all a good experience met some gers fans who were all very friendly and welcoming so credit to them . Finally the underground of Glasgow is an experience a right proper rattler of a train ?

Just now, CD_93 said:

No. I wasnt. I watched the whole game with the fam and commented on it here during it. Sorry for wasting your time with this, everyone.

Turns out Evans is still shit though. Got our tickets for Charlton - might burn them an hour before KO if he starts ;)

What time are you on stage at? 

Must admit I’m in the camp of if Evans services are required for more than league cup games we’re in bother. Travis is by far the better option. Defence is still terrible on another day could have been put to the sword. Rothwell very good. Smallwood still only passes backwards. Keeper rubbish. Johnson/Downing hardly set the world alight. In conclusion, I’m still worried. Also concerned that Davenport and Chapman aren’t in a position to play again. 

Need a centre half, keeper and probably a left back at some point. I believe that young centre half from city and keeper Christopher Walton from Brighton coming so will see...

Ps. Kit looks grim as well. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

What time are you on stage at? 

Sorry I've offended you with my childish behavior today. I might have plenty of digs in the locker for the Chief Pointer but please don’t make out like I’m not a proper fan or not supporting the team properly in future. Even if I hadn’t sent money to Rangers to watch a pre-season friendly it would be just as valid. You don’t know me and it wasn’t worth a fuss being kicked up.

Now enjoy the rest of your Sunday and stop melting your own head. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/David8Dunn/status/1153014599148605441

Heh ?

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 1